Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Meeting the Herald

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    s
    shotgunlo

Work to do.

First, he wasn't forbidden from staying in town so the first thing to do was locate a house (see Glimpse: Moving Day (Sanctum) for details) that he could rent until escrow closed. He could also be rid of the U-Haul after emptying it's contents into the garage. Actually into the house might take a few days (weeks if he procrastinated enough) to get everything right.

She told him no spirits, but he imagined that to be actual spooks, which was fine as he was not even an initiate with anything ghostly or spiritual. Just in case he really needed to reinforce his cover he got his small ice chest filled with ice and a sampling of two dozen airplane bottles from the better brewers, distillers, and vintners he represented. On the safe side, they stay in the car. Besides even if the contact isn't interested in his wares, an hombre could have a pretty good night on the town afterward with that selection.

For an outfit? The gray blazer with matching slacks and pink dress shirt would do nicely. He'd need to find a matching boutonnière, rose would be a bit too much, carnation he expected. Red leather shoes and belt would do nicely. Gray and pink striped tie. He'd need a new cell phone number and about 2,000 business cards to match, but that could be taken care of on the internet and cards picked up at the local office supply store with hours to spare.

When he had his ducks in a row, Chambitas went to the bookstore, Written in Water, and arrived an hour early to check out the scene and selections. Chambitas parked in the Sutter Hospital parking lot under Highway 99 kitty-corner across 29th and K.

The mystic resonances were clear and so Roman dropped his prepared mage armor, not wanting to upset the Consilium on just arriving.

After hiking up and down the aisles, not looking for anything in particular Chambitas reached out his hand at a familiar title. Edwin Abbott Abbott's (or rather, a Square's) Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions. He hadn't read it in over a decade. Thinking about what he knew about space and dimensions now as a mage who regularly twisted them at his whim, he was curious to go back. He took it to the coffee bar and got a plain black coffee. He personally overloaded it with extra cream and sugar easily sidelining the notion that he would need to go back to the gym for this. He read and sipped his coffee while patiently waiting for @Ariadne.

"PART 1
    THIS WORLD
    Section 1*

Of the Nature of Flatland
    I*CALL*our world Flatland, not because we call it so, but to make its nature clearer to you, my happy readers, who are privileged to live in Space.
    Imagine*a*vast sheet of paper on which straight Lines, Triangles, Squares, Pentagons, Hexagons, and other figures, instead of remaining fixed in their places, move freely about, on or in the surface, but without the power of rising above or sinking below it, very much like shadows--only hard with luminous edges--and you will then have a pretty correct notion of my country and countrymen. Alas, a few years ago, I should have said "my universe": but now my mind has been opened to higher views of things."

ooc

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne walks into Written with only her Sight up as usual. Though who can tell the difference between Sight in a pattern and something worse? Someone with a trick Ariadne needs to learn that's who.

She looks around for any lights, though really it's a test. One can you read. Two are you paranoid.

s
    shotgunlo

At nine o'clock Chambitas' phone alarm rings to life. He gently closes the book and puts the it on the table, carefully looks at all the clientele he can see, first glancing to see if anyone appears to be looking for someone. Then the next obvious maneuver is to call the number back and see if anyone present answers their phone.

ooc

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne turns to look slowly as she hears something go off. After a moment, and seeing no obvious Awakened, she looked harder at the man who's phone had gone after. Gradually his aura fades into view and Ariadne holds back a smile. A moment later she heads towards the man.

ooc

s
    shotgunlo

This looks promising. Chambitas sees that he is being approached he smiles and stands up. He puts his phone on silent and pulls out a chair from the table as though to offer a seat. When the contact walks close enough for conversation he offers his pink carnation boutonniere in lieu of the traditional handshake.

"Hello. Roman Gabaldon, delighted to make your acquaintance. I hope this table will be sufficient for us to discuss business. Please have a seat. I know this will sound odd, but I was referred to you by phone number only, so I never did get a chance to get your name."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne just looks at the man and blinks for a few moments. "I'm Ariadne and relax. This isn't an interrogation or anything." She does however sit down at the table and look at the carnation. "I have never gotten one of these at a first meeting before."

s
    shotgunlo

Chambitas grins and seats himself, "Enjoy it, senora."

He breathes, calculating what he will say next.

"For relaxation, that depends on a number of variables which I have yet to determine. It might be easier if I tell you my history. I awoke in San Francisco a bit over a year ago while I was in college earning my B.S. in Biochemistry. I told you on the phone I'm in the spirits business; I distribute wine, beer, and other alcohol to various clubs, bars, and restaurants on behalf of microbreweries and small-time vintners and distillers who might not have a market without my assistance. I also brew as a hobby, but usually not anything marketable. I'm moving my business away from San Francisco and into Sacramento."

Chambitas places a few business cards on the table for Ariadne.

"However, I also have other talents, which is why I wanted to speak with you before I finally settle here. San Francisco is rife with rumors so I really am curious just what exactly I'm getting myself into. How are things run? Who should I see to make friends in the industry? What is your role? Until I know and am accepted by the community, I'm rather uncomfortably vulnerable. Hence the nervous, over-caution."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne nods along as Roman goes over his background.

"It's a standard community here. Some what more laissez faire though it depends on who you hang out with. The head boss likes to practice archery on the weekends.

Friends? Do you belong to a club? I'm the local talker of sorts. Most of the time I manage to meet new people, point them in the right directions and let things be known. I don't know when we will have another town hall though I can get word out about your arrival if it would make things better?"

s
    shotgunlo

"Yes, thank you. You spreading the word about would definitely make things easier.

"I was in a club in Frisco. Bunch of Type-A personalities climbing the corporate ladder. I'm an entrepreneur, but I appreciate the system. Being in S.F., every other person you meet is a bit of a free spirited libertine; I can't help but think some of that rubbed off. I'm also a bit of a fan of the book club, but not so much I'd volunteer to shelve at the library. No, mama raised me to be faithful. If you could get me in touch with the deacon, I'd appreciate it.

"I'd also like to reach out to my representative on the town council. Hopefully someone that puts a mind to space instead of material pursuits."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariadne nods as Roman speaks. Ladders, always the ladders.

"Ahh I can help with that." Pulling out a piece of paper and a pen, which would look oddly familiar to anyone else who is meeting her and gets a number. Ariadne writes down a name and a number, Lux. "That's the deacon and a number to contact them. Hopefully the right deacon."

"Our representative.." Ariadne scribbles on the paper some more with another name and a number, Rosetta.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.