Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Brownies in the Bookstore

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

It didn't take long for Hourglass to find the bookstore. It had taken a long time to get Daniel ready for bed and explain to the babysitter where everything was in their house. She'd seemed a nice girl who seemed to babysit for Hourglass' neighbours also, and came highly recommended.

The Enchantress had baked a batch of delicious brownies, leaving some for the babysitter. The rest she had sealed in some Tupperware and brought as a gift for the Herald.

Wearing a black dress with a pink top, Hourglass carried a large, black-leather purse on her arm. Her marriage ring was, as ever, on her finger. Entering Written in Water, she smiled at the comfort of the bookstore and vowed to actually spend some time taking a look around when she was on less official business. There was always something suitably satisfying about finding one's own collection in a new place.

Ordering herself a cup of Earl Grey, Hourglass found a quiet table and seated herself down, patiently spending the time glancing at the nearest bookcase while waiting for Ariadne to arrive.

Outfit

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne walks into Written dressed down after work. Comfortable jeans and a t-shirt with a light sweater. She b-lines to the counter for caffeine. No coffee though....that had been a long night into a longer day. Taking a long sip of what ever flavor of tea this was, Ariadne looks around for new faces lit by lights.

After a few moments she finds a warm new face and walks to the women with a smile.

"Mrs. Glass?"

When she heard the voice, Hourglass looked up with a polite smile, standing when she saw the Herald. "Yes," she replied, offering a hand before lowering her voice a tad, "Well, Hourglass, to be precise. A pleasure to meet you."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"Ariadne, pleasure to meet you as well." Ariadne replies as she shakes the women's hand. Already happy that the newcomer is showing discretion, a smile giving it away. "Sit sit, this isn't formal" Blue eyes glance around to see if anyone was paying attention. Which if they weren't stupid, they wouldn't look like it.

Sitting down across from the women the blue eyes track from the room to the tupperware on the table then to Hourglass.

"So what brought you to Sacramento?"

"Thank you," Hourglass said as she retook her seat, taking a sip of her tea, blowing away some of the heat before doing so. She really didn't like burning her tongue if she could help it.

When the Herald enquired as to Hourglass' reasons to coming to the city, a glimmer of sadness washed off of the Enchantress. "My husband died earlier this year back in New York and Sacramento was his home. This is where his parents wanted him buried and I respected their wishes. Its a fine city with a fine history," Hourglass added with a small smile, looking Ariadne directly in her blue eyes. After several moments, the Enchantress glanced to the container resting between them and with a small "Ah!" she slid it across to Ariadne.

"Its nothing much, just a small gift that I baked myself," Hourglass explained, her English accent thick.

Brownie baking over 1 hour
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-09 10:57:36 [02] Hourglass rolls 10 to INT + Crafts + Spec + AoE + Equip (10 Again) 1, 6, 5, 9, 10, 3, 10, 10, 10, 10, 6, 9, 1, 6, 3 7 successes
    2012-05-09 10:57:36 [01] Hourglass rolls 10 to INT + Crafts + Spec + AoE + Equip (10 Again) 9, 1, 7, 8, 7, 3, 4, 8, 8, 5 4 successes

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Blue eyes soften and a tear forms in the corner of one eye as Hourglass tells her story. "..I'm... I'm sorry for bringing that up. I had a somewhat difference experience but I know that feeling." She forces the sadness into a calmer smile.

It grows a bit bigger as Hourglass slides the container of brownies across. Ariadne glances at Hourglass before leaning over to open and peak into the container. Taking a small smell she looks at Hourglass. "Mmmmm what flavor?"

Hourglass smiled as way of thank you. "Its fine, just a part of the world I now live in. I have a son to keep me busy and with my work, I am sure life will carry on regardless." Watching as Ariadne takes a smell, Hourglass says with a smile, "Oh, just a simple chocolate and hazelnut. I'd recommend either some thick cream or ice cream."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

Ariande nods solemnly then cocks her head and looks at Hourglass with one eye visible behind the hair. "Simple? These smell amazinngggg." She looks for Written's menu to see if they sell ice cream then remembers why she is there.

"Sorry.." Ariadne blushes. "So back on topic.." She glances at the cookies before closing the lid and pushing them to the side. Who can bake that good?!

"Do you work for any of our people?"

Grinning at the compliment, Hourglass simply inclined her head as a thank you. She knew how good she was. It came from years and years of practice.

"Indeed," the Enchantress replied, her mind switching instantly back to the meeting. "I am currently at the foot of the corporate ladder, having joined barely a few months ago now. I can honestly say that I simply have no idea what the current state of our division of the company is like here in Sacramento but I am excited to meet my colleagues, as well as offering any help I can of differing businesses."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"They are getting their act together actually. There were no members for a time then transient members? Finally some have stuck around and are solidifying things." Ariadne rummages in a pocket for a moment then pulls out some paper and a pen. She scribbles a name and a number. The current Deacon of the Ladder, Lux.

"This is the women who can get you set on the right path. At least as far as I understand how your group works." Ariadne mimes pulling a mask over her face for a short moment.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread