Ended
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
And Off We Go!

Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
    m
    miniatureian

First there was calm. As they started running, something in Terra snapped to a decision before the thought even occurred to her. She doesn't know if she wants to pursue, or even what she'll do when she gets there, or whether Heath follows her or not.

But she does. Like her namesake, the Succubus surges forward to bring the old man to fall.

foot chase: 3 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-21 23:53:27 terra rolls 4 to chasing (10 Again) 9, 5, 9, 9 3 successes

I got no clue
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-22 09:51:54 [02] larry rolls 3 to searches for 1 hour (10 Again) 10, 2, 1, 3 1 success
    2012-07-22 09:51:54 [01] larry rolls 3 to searches for 1 hour (10 Again) 6, 7, 3 failure

Heath's eyes go wide as Terra breaks into a run after them. His own feet carry him away too simply because he'd lose track of Terra if he didn't and it wouldn't benefit any of them to get separated. "W...wait!" he cries with confused alarm. "W..why are we chasing them?" But it's no use, his legs aren't spry enough to keep up with the sprinting succubus.
      Foot Chase: fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-22 14:23:44 Heath rolls 3 to keep up with the foot race [Sta+Ath] (10 Again) 2, 6, 1 failure

Heath & Terra

While Heath has some trouble keeping up with Terra and the homeless, the Japanese Fairest manages to catch up to the pair without much difficulty. Noticing that running was pretty much useless at this point, the girl stops in her tracks and turns around to face the Lost pursuing her.

"Get away from us, you freaks!" she calls out, obviously not pleased with the fact that they didn't manage to outrun their pursuers.

The older man also comes to a stop, turning to face the changelings and his granddaughter. "We haven't done anyone harm. Please just leave us alone," he says, trying to be slightly more polite than the girl, while hoping to achieve the same goal with his words.

Larry & Duncan

After about an hour of walking around and not finding much, the pair is about ready to give up as they come up to a stop in a nearby alley. "Man, this is crazy," says Dunance, a hint of frustration in his voice. "We don't even know what we are really looking for, and this could take us hours on end!"

However, just as he says those words, the ice Elemental notices something out of the corner of his eye. "Wait, look over there!" he says to the Wizened, pointing at a drawing of some sort on a nearby wall. "It's one of those turtle things again!"

2 suxx total, 1 hour
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-23 08:10:25 [02] Duncan rolls 2 to Wits+Investigation-2 to "look for the turtle signs" (10 Again) 5, 7 failure
    2012-07-23 08:10:25 [01] Duncan rolls 2 to Wits+Investigation-2 to "look for the turtle signs" (10 Again) 10, 8, 1 2 successes

m
    miniatureian

'Freak' hurts because it's true. These dark flames may never extinguish.

"Yes, but it's not my fault, and I'm on your side. You see my darkness through the veil, but I beg you to also see the light. Perhaps that will allow us to speak more freely. We suspect problems here, so we're researching. If you already know of problems, we can help. If you leave, please walk, I'll not give chase, you're both safe from me."

Terra knows the look that is on her face, a mother telling her children 'i punish you because i love you'. Winching, she clears her features, and fills it with compassion.

Heath pants for a moment, showing more fatigue than he feels given it was only a short chase. He's a bit startled by Terra's reaction to the girl. It almost sounded like she was confessing what they really were. "Uh, I don't think that's what she meant, Terra," he says between breaths and then recovers himself, standing upright again. Freaks, as he knew it, was a general insult, though who knows, maybe they really saw them as what they were. Still, he wouldn't assume that just yet.

Speaking to the old man now he says, "We're really just here to help, I'm sure you haven't done wrong but we're kinda grasping at straws at the moment. We just want to know if you've any idea what's been going on around here." he says in as calming a manner as he can muster.

Larry was getting just as frustrated as his companion as their work didn't pay of at very much, an hour wasted and not even one other turtle or similar one found!

As he wanted to give a reply to the frustrated elemental he suddenly called out for his attention and pointed towards a wall. "Seems like it." he replied as he walked closer to the thing. checking his surroundings for a clue why they had spraypainted it here. Why exactly had they painted it on that wall? Was there something of intrest in the building?

perception check for surroundings
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-24 06:45:05 larry rolls 6 to Perception check (10 Again) 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 7, 9 3 successes

Heath & Terra

The girl frowns slightly at Terra's word, but then her expression softens just a bit. "Well, we don't know who you are...and you are chasing us down," she says to the Succubus. "Why should we trust you? Or your friend?" With those words, the girl eyes glance over to the Minstrel, who gets a sense that she can indeed see through his Mask.

"What's been going on? I'm not sure I follow," says the old man to Heath, slightly confused as to why the Fairest is asking that question. "If you really are here to help, can you spare some change?"

Larry & Duncan

As the Summer Wizened studies the graffiti a little closer, he notices that the wall it has been painted on belongs to what looks to be a store. However, the place seems to have closed down in the past couple of weeks. The large windows that are commonly used to display the merchandise inside have been taped off, and there's no light coming from the inside. What's more, the main door to the place has a padlock on it, clearly intended to keep people out of there.

"That's weird that someone would just randomly tag this place," says Duncan as he tries to catch a glimpse of the inside without much luck. "It's really dark in there." He turns to face Larry and gives him a slight shrug. "You think there's an actual reason for the graffiti to be here? Or is it just mere coincidence?" asked the Elemental, not entirely sure of the answer himself.

m
    miniatureian

Terra fidgets, her intuition is usually clear, but with Heath second guessing her, she doesn't know whether to proceed or not. She looks back at him, pleading forgiveness in her eyes. The reaction of ‘freak’ told her what she needed to know, though she wasn’t sure that the man could see anything beyond the natural world. Besides, the backup plan involved claiming she was on drugs and flipping out about spiders crawling up the trees. But there was no way to communicate all that through a gesture of the eyes. And Terra was getting the feeling it was pointless anyway, since the girl was here at all, probably meant that there wasn’t anything obviously weird going on in the park. Unless it was an attracting force that Fey used as a lure. They had used such before for individuals.

"I'm human, and afraid of things in the dark, working against them wherever they peak into this world. I'm sorry we're freaky, but we are so that you don't have to be. That's all I can give you for trust. We look into suddenly odd things to make sure there's no...malicious intent."

Taking a moment to focus and breath, she formulated her question. It must query the unnatural that they searched for, yet still be covered by her escape route and be broad enough reveal threats she was not yet looking for. Directing her attention to the girl, Terra asked, “Have those eyes seen things that may explain why people have been gathering here, even if they don’t see it themselves?”

The girl's eyes seem to register more than Heath surmised and he wondered uselessly at the possibility. Perhaps she too was a Lost and was hiding her Mein from them. Quite possible. In any case his attention was directed at the old man and his request. "Change? Well we plan on bringing change, good changes to the community," dodging the question for a moment as he gathers his bearings though knowing fully what the man meant. "Handouts are a temporary solution but hopefully a bigger perspective will bring with it answers." At least it seemed to work as campaign slogans.

"How about some granola bars?" he offers instead.

Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Closed Thread