Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
And Off We Go!

Page 5 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

"Larry!" exclaims Heath excitedly, "Good to see you, man. I'd never turn down help from a handyman such as yourself." The fairest didn't recognize the other that accompanied the Drudge, but could see from her Mein that she might fit the description of wet n' wild. "Who's your friend?" he asked curiously.

Yet the answer would have to wait as the homeless man's voice acquired its touch of concern. "Oh no, no, we're not here to stay. We actually would like to help out with this situation. We decided to talk to you since you were by yourself and figured you weren't with the others. So you asked them to leave and they won't, right? Everyone's gotta be somewhere, but there's just so many that it seems unusual. Maybe a shelter opened up with some really generous volunteers? Or maybe this is a seasonal migration thing that just happened to get out of hand this year?"

Heath assumed that the hobo might not have really known the reason, but if he could get his mind working with ideas maybe he might think of a reason why hobos would come flocking to the city.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

"I'm Karina," she glances at the hobo, "I like b...bridges more. Ant I don't want to leav heer, too much people. Not good. More people, less food," she says with her Russian strange, harshly melodic accent.

Well, her stomach was telling her it wouldn't be perfectly bad situation. People without food just changed into food, right?

No, not right.

The Ogress smiles 'friendly', showing her sharp teeth. "Not logykal. Why woult so many street-people be heer? More trash-kans? New sleep places? Someone offerink food? I would say the last."

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary just looks around without much comment, handing over some finger foods as per the man's request with a gentle smile. "Here you are," she says, following the conversations curiously, waiting to see what comes of the latest questions before chiming in.

Larry waited till katrina was done talking before he spoke up. "What she said." He simpely stated in response to heath's answer. At the hobo's slightly panicked statement he shooks his head. "Nope, i'm not a beggar so I'm not here to take your spot." After a bit of a wait larry spoke up again.
    "Shouldn't a few of us go see whats the deal with the big group of homeless? Might figure out something."

The homeless man looks at each Changeling respectively, his eyes ending up on the Minstrel. "So how do you plan to help? Are you guys with a shelter or something?" he asks, chewing on some of the snacks that Mary handed him. "The closest shelter is miles away from here, I doubt that it is the cause for this sudden...migration, like you put it."

Meanwhile, Duncan gives Larry a quick nod. "It may not be a bad idea," he says to the Wizened. "A few of us could head that way, but let's try not to startle them." The Elemental's last words are said in a whisper, as he steps closer to the other Summer Courtier before speaking.

Seemed the fellow didn't have much to go on. He was at as much a loss as they were. "Yeah, we're a volunteer group a part of a non-profit organization looking out for the less-fortunate," explained the Lost. It wasn't a lie, they volunteered and they weren't getting paid. "As to our methods let's just say we're analyzing the situation. Seeing where the hot spots are, where the unfortunate are gathering. It's getting a lot of attention in the news and we don't want eventual homeless camps to be targeted by police."

He hoped he wasn't being rude to the homeless man speaking of his fellow homeless like they were cattle to be herded. He tried to keep his words as polite and respectful as he could while explaining what they planned to do. Really though, he didn't know how extensive the problem was. More extreme actions might be taken later on.

As he hears the suggestion of Duncan and Larry to head towards the larger crowd he says to the homeless man, "Well we're just going to be down the street. If you think of anything that might help you can find us there. Umm, what was your name, Mr...?"

m
    miniatureian

Terra positions to move to the others as Duncan suggests. Looking back over her shoulder, she hesitates for someone else to accompany her. Odd, I can lead if I have followers or if I know I'll be alone. But with the potential of others taking charge, I just...can't. Not being in charge is so much less stressful than making the decisions and commitments.

BUMP! Jokor , Sirith , Princess

"Good for me." He turned to the rest of the group. "So who is willing to go with me and talk with those other guy's?"

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

"I'll come with you, Terra," Mary chimes in, moving fluidly to follow her.

Page 5 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread