Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
And Off We Go!

Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

"I don't know if you can fight ninjas with boxing but I bet he could use it for a bum fight," joked the Fairest. "Maybe he's avoiding the other hobos for some reason too. Let's go give him a hello."

So long as everyone was on the same page Heath would start walking back towards the man, giving him a friendly wave to let him know they come in peace. "A moment of your time, sir?"

OOC

As Heath approaches the hobo with the sign, Duncan follows close behind. However, the two Winter Courtiers that had come along for the adventure are nowhere to be seen. Perhaps it was in their nature to just hide or flee, or maybe they had found something more important to do with their time.

The homeless man turns to the Minstrel, a scruffy looking fella. "Sir? No one ever calls me that," says the hobo, whose odor becomes quite obvious to those around as they get closer. "Can you spare some change?" The man does not smell very good, probably due to a lack of a proper shower in a few weeks.

"Maybe, maybe," said Heath politely and with a pleasant smile to the down-on-his-luck character. "First, I wonder if I could ask you something. Seems like rough times around here. You notice anything strange or unordinary around town recently? I mean other than the sudden drop in gas prices, that is."

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary grabs some of the more portable finger foods out of the back and walks up beside Heath. Looking at Mr. Scruffy, she gestures with her handful of food. "Hungry? We've got extra."

The homeless man gives the group a quizzical look, perhaps a little confused by the whole thing. "Around where exactly? You mean around here?" he asks, suddenly shifting his attention to Mary and the food she has with her. "You know, this has been my corner for years. But then a few weeks ago others showed up, and then some more." From his tone, it is quite obvious that he is bitter about this turn of events.

He extends his hands towards the Muse. "Am I ever? It hasn't been that good of a day for me," says the hobo, waiting for the Fairest to hand over some of the grub. "So what brings you all out here? Is it 'feed-a-hobo day' or something like that?"

"Not exactly, though if it were there'd be a lot of orders to fill by the looks of things," replied Heath, hoping to keep the man's attention long enough before he began stuffing his face, not that he blamed him. "I'm Heath, by the way and this is my generous acquaintance, Mary. You say that a few weeks ago there's been others showing up? Seems strange for so many to be around all of a sudden. Have you talked to the others very much? They mention where they're coming from, what they're doing here?" he asked, referring to the surge of hobos that was hurting this ninja-fighting hobo's business.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Jokor

Karina approaches the group of Lost and hobos as soon as she sees the Elemental Mr Bates described. "Oh? This must be Tankan," she says to the Wizened accompanying her. She glances at each of the Fairest and the hobos. Seeing that there was some food giving, she smiled. "Hobo feetink day? I woult glatly join."

"Surely looks like him." Larry agreed as he walked up alongside karina ."Looks like Our resident comedian is also around here." he said with a hint of a smile on his bearded face as he gave Heath a nod. "Anyway, Mr. Bates said you could use our help with what you where doing Duncan."

The hobo chuckled at Heath's joke. "Yeah you would...some of us are like vultures," jokes the homeless man. "Anyways, a few weeks ago they started to arrive. I've talked to a few, trying to get them to leave..." he lets his words trail off as the other two Changelings approach.

Duncan, who has been letting the Minstrel do all the talking, turns to Karina and Larry. "Mr. Bates sent you? Awesome, cause we can always use an extra pair of helping hands...or two," says the Snowskin, offering the pair a brief, yet friendly smile.

"Umm, so what exactly are you all doing?" asks the hobo once again, puzzled by the arrival of more individuals. "Wait, you aren't with them, are you? Are you all here to stay too? Cause let me tell you, I've got enough damn competition already..."

m
    miniatureian

Terra trails, letting the others banter and worrying about everything hobo-related. What if they're mundane and just cruel, killing the 'Lings just to eat them? What if they're under the control of Them? What if they're all going to be captured, and would I pity them?

The arrival of two more allies boosted her out of worrying enough to mumble, "Certainly not here to stay. Just help, however that looks in the end."

Page 4 of 12 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread