Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
And Off We Go!

Page 7 of 12 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Last

Larry gave a nod. "Yes I'm a summer. I haven't met the boss yet though. The guy was named spartan wasn't he?" He asked as he walked alongside the elemental. Pretty aware of his surroundings even though he was keeping most of his attention on the elemental he was talking with.
    "Probably should make work of it as soon as I can. You know how I can get an audience with the summer king?"

perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-11 03:39:44 [02] Larry rolls 4 to Rolls 4 to perception (6-2) (10 Again) 1, 3, 6, 9 1 success

Heath has a particularly bright and cheerful smile that he wears, though that's about all he's good for for the moment as Terra takes the lead. "Yup, non-profit. Neither surplus nor dividend."
      Assist in Deception, fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-11 11:42:39 Heath rolls 1 to totally forgot SL! (10 Again) 7 failure
    2012-07-11 10:15:25 Heath rolls 4 to help deceive the hobofolk to gain their trust [Manip+Sub] (10 Again) 4, 4, 2, 5 failure
    "Just think of us volunteers as liberal arts students doing community service to lengthen a very small resume. Community service, it's not just for hardened criminals on parole, anymore." joked the comedian helpfully.

m
    miniatureian

Thinking about why homeless places would care about why homeless grouped and moved, Terra ventured, "Density trends are important because of area zoning and district restrictions. Is there a particular reason you have come to this location recently? And similarly, where have you come from before this?", leaving the 'you' ambiguously singular and plural.

Terra D. because deception is my middle name, e.sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-12 08:37:01 Terra rolls 9 to manip + subterfuge + SL (10 Again) 9, 10, 9, 9, 3, 8, 9, 6, 7, 7 6 successes

Heath & Terra

whatever you say lady
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-12 09:19:22 Hobo rolls 3 to Wits+Empathy to "you sure?" (10 Again) 5, 5, 6 failure

The homeless man gives Heath a strange look before turning his attention to Terra. "Umm, well this area has more to offer," he says to her in response to her question. "Many of us used to hang around in other areas of town, most of which were pretty rough neighborhoods. Things are safer here, and the people are nicer." The hobo gives them a little shrug, unsure of what else to say.

Meanwhile, the crowd in the back continues to whisper amongst each other, turning back to look at the pair of Lost every now and then. The suspicious look in their eyes does not fade away, and some of them actually begin to leave the park.

Larry & Duncan

Duncan nodes at Larry's words. "Yeah, his name is Spartan," says the ice Elemental as he leans a little closer to whisper something to the Wizened. "But don't be calling him Summer King out in public."

The Snowskin pulls away from his fellow Summer, giving him a slight shrug in response to the question. "He owns this place called 'The Forge,' which is a bar that puts up concerts and cage fights too," he says to the Drudge. "I would go there and ask around. He is not much for formalities really, so that's probably the best way of getting a hold of him."

Out of the corner of his eye, Larry manages to catch a glimpse of some odd graffiti on a wall nearby.

graffiti

That seemed harmless enough really. No one wanted to have to slum it in a crime infested area. But it seemed as Heath and Terra weren't doing well on gaining trust as the others began to whisper and walk away. He needed something to keep them interested and receptive. What better than a bit of laughter. "Oh I hear ya, buddy. Much nicer here. Kids can play hopscotch on chalk squares instead of body outlines. All the cars on the street are on rubber wheels instead of cement blocks. And nice people, sure. Not only that but you've got volunteers who check up on you just to see how you're doing," he spoke loudly so the rest could hear hinting that that might've been what they were doing. That was one thing Heath could do was make a spectacle of himself.

"Just be glad you're not from my neighborhood. Just the other day a guy mugged me and stole my car. The good news is I managed to take down the license plate number." Ah, good old Rodney.

m
    miniatureian

Terra steeled herself for the next question. Having already established her boundries, that she might not reveal anything to those without fey knowledge, she formulated a measured question that she felt would help her determine. This was as far as she would push. One hint that something was not as it seemed. At no reaction or simple confusion, these folks may be not but pawns in a grander scheme. But a flicker of surprise or fear would confirm that all spoken here was lies instead of just her own words. She prepared her voice to inflect pure innocence, beginning with "What are you looking for in this nicer community? Safety, jobs, food..." With a pause she darkened her voice, tapping the raw emotion Archadian scars had left on her psyche, "...or something else entirely?"

OOC

"Gotcha.." He paused and motioned towards the piece of graffitie. "that doesn't look like your average piece of street art. You think it might be important?"

Heath & Terra

The hobo gives Heath a once-over, raising an eyebrow slightly at the Minstrel's words. "Sucks about your car," he says to him, in a tone that implies that he has his doubts about the Fairest's story. The man then turns to Terra to answer her question, a little confused as to why she keeps asking the same questions phrased in a slightly different manner. "Well, like I said earlier...this area is safer than where I used to live, and the people here are nicer." He gives her a little shrug before continuing. "Nicer people tend to actually give me money, you know?" he says to the Japanese-looking Fairest.

Larry & Duncan

Duncan turns his attention to the graffiti being pointed out. "Huh, that does seem a little out of place, doesn't it?" he comments as he takes a couple of steps to take a closer look. "It looks like a turtle, or something of the sort. Any idea of what it may mean?" The ice Elemental turns to look at the Wizened with those words, hoping that his fellow Summer may have an answer.

OOC

Larry wracks his brain for any information he could find. or anything even remotely relevant to the picture.

2 sux willpower used
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-16 08:01:28 larry rolls 4 to what is that thing? (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 5, 2, 9 2 successes

Heath was getting a little disgruntled and he pursed his lips in thought. He didn't want to have to explain the joke to the hobo since he wouldn't have laughed anyways. No one ever wanted to hear a joke explained to them. And he thought it was pretty straight-forward too. "Ah, don't worry about it, it was a Toyota, their problem now," he said reflexively, scratching his head.

It seemed to him this hobo wasn't being controlled or influenced by any supernatural forces, as far as he knew. He acted like Heath imagined a hobo would act, not like a zombie, which was what he imagined a supernaturally influenced hobo to act like. He only had one more question for the hobo anyways that he could think of, "So why'd everyone come all at once? I mean, did you plan a migration. Someone giving away free t-shirts or hotdogs?"

Page 7 of 12 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Last
Closed Thread