Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 53
DISPLAYED
A Small, Informal Meeting (Private)

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6

Kite glanced at the window, and noticed that it was getting dark. “I think we’ll need to put the rest of this conversation on hold, at least for now” he concluded. “But let me quickly go over what I have…”

Sorting through his notes, he carefully arranged them on the table, then started to enumerate various conclusion. “I need to check out the Hostel, and see if I can find any more information on the place. Perhaps I can find the deed, or even information leading to more resources. In the near term, we need to have a small stock of medical supplies – probably in a dedicated area in the Hostel – to deal with medical emergencies, stabilizing critically injured individuals… at least until someone with the capability to willwork healing effects can get there.”

“New individuals who enter the city – even those people who have a substantial amount of status and recognition from other Free Council Assemblies in other cities – will not be given voter status until they are recognized by the General Assembly.” Kite frowned as he looked at the other Libertines. “Personally, I believe that this is a mistake. For the record, I think that the Free Council Leader should have some ability to recognize new arrivals that have substantial amount of status with other Assemblies – but I acknowledge that I am in the minority in this area, and I concede the point.”

Kite refocused on other aspects of his notes. “We need to provide resources and training, both Awakened and Mundane. We’ve come to a preliminary conclusion that we have the ability to offer training in First Aid and various aspects of Self Defense… though how these classes will be structured is still to be determined. Finding a Hollow would be very useful for new recruits, even if they cannot draw mana from it directly.” Kite paused as he compared notes between different pages. “We have a tentative agreement that, with an Assembly vote, the Free Council here can assist other Free Council mages in transcribing their newly-developed rotes into the Free Council grimoires. That said, there are still some questions as to how exactly that would work… but there is no rush on that.”

Kite continued to read. “The Lorehouse is a big issue. There is a tentative agreement that acquiring information from other Free Council Lorehouses is the way to establish an initial library. I mentioned that I might be able to trade rotes for additional materials… but that is at least nine months away. In the meantime, we need to establish an area in which the materials will be stored, whether in book form, or in an electronic media format.” There is a small pause, as he shuffles through his notes. “I think that’s all we covered…” he said, after another moment’s thought.

Kite pauses to think for a moment, and then starts to file his notes away. “The bottom line is that we’ll need to know a bit more about the Hostel before we continue. I’ll head there tomorrow, and I’ll get in contact with everyone for another meeting time.” Kite pauses to think another moment. “I would also like to know exactly where Rosh is. He should have been here for this meeting… heck, he should have been the primary lead of this meeting.”

After Kite finished putting his notes away, a look of recognition suddenly comes over him. “At some point tomorrow, can we all meet at the Written in Water? There is another issue that I want to discuss with all of you… especially you Toby” he says directly to the charming doctor. “It isn’t directly related to Free Council business – though I was hoping to get it done today – but it is an extremely important and sensitive issue nonetheless.”

Kite looks at everyone with a smile. "Well?" he chimes optimistically. "Any other thoughts before we adjourn?"

ooc

l
    loche

Listening to Toby's bit Cog slumps. "Yeah the idea about the Mysterium was a shot in the dark, sorry for bringing it up," he spoke nervously. Better not mention boston Cog, he thought to himself.

Cog looks over at Samdei as he speaks up, "please help yourself," he taps the laptop. "These guys managed to transfer magic onto the internet. I'm pretty sure we got this." He gave him a weak smile and listened as Kite went over the meetings progress. As he talked Cog reached into a cubby hole in the entertainment stand and pulled out a Dictionary. He flipped through it, read a line, then set it down.

"Well it looks like were at least on our way. I can go with you tomorrow to the Hostel, I would like to see it at least. Beside that, I think I know what you want to talk about tomorrow, and I'm more than willing to help." Cog finally shook off the nervousness from before. "Although I'm guessing the meeting will end, everyone is more than welcome to hang out. I have a dozen or so boardgames, Multiplayer video games, I know plenty of card games, and a few versions of Munchkin. Maybe we could get to know each other a little more." He shrugged and looked at the other three mages in turn, making a conscious effort to not linger on the attractive brunette. With a gesture of his thumb, "and because I have at least four large pizza's, I kind of assumed a bigger group." He gingerly grinned and bounced on the balls of his feet, hoping to get some company for the night.

End Scene

There's some nice RP in here, guys. And don't worry if you think you didn't manage to get everything done, y'all can still hang out.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Page 6 of 6 First ... 2 3 4 5 6
Closed Thread