A Small, Informal Meeting (Private)

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Toby looks thoughtful, “Have you been able to talk to Rosh about it? Wish I could help you with that, but record keeping has never been one of my strengths.” She was thankful for the nurses that kept her paperwork in order.

She turns her attention to Cog as he talks, seems this was going to take some work. Small groups worked for her, though the draw back was more work for the three, maybe four of them. “I swore an Oath to the Free Council at the first meeting, and I am sticking to it. But, if we have to start from scratch, it might be a good thing; it could be a fresh start for the Order. With different thoughts and ideas of how things should be done.”
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

Kite listened to the other two Libertines as they affirmed their intent. When they finished speaking, Kite bore a hint of a smile, and seemed substantially relieved. “Alright then,” he said as he started writing down notes, “I suggest that we start with a few introductions first. I know Cog a little,” Kite motions towards the willworker, “but I don’t think we’ve met before” he says to Toby. “So, before we start talking about gathering resources and how to approach our future goals, we should all probably know a little more about each other, especially since we’re probably going to be in this for the long haul…”

Kite pauses, blinking a few times, before he puts down his pen. “I guess I’ll start…” he says. “A brief summation of my history: my shadow name is ‘Kite’ as you know. I am a medical doctor… well, one without a license to practice at the moment. I was in the process of finishing a degree in Psychiatry when I Awakened as a Thyrsus.” Kite swallows hard at the memory. “Without going into details, my Awakening wasn’t a pleasant experience. The resultant injuries forced me to leave school, and I am still in the process of recovering.” Kite points to the cane next to him with a sour grimace before continuing. “Fortunately, I had a mentor who helped me through it. She ended up training me as a Dreamspeaker, and initiated me into her order, the Free Council.”

Kite took a long drink from his soda before he continued. “I will freely admit, I am not a typical Libertine. While I do believe in democracy and meritocracy like the rest of the Council, I am also completely comfortable with how Consiliums are typically organized” he shrugs. “The things that concern and worry me are stagnation and corruption – the latter much more than the former. It’s quite one thing to say that you prefer the conservative ‘tried and true’ over newer ideas,” he sighs, “but it’s quite another to use that statement as an excuse to hurt people to further a personal agenda.” As he spoke, Kite seemed to adopt a grim, determined look. “In my mind, the Free Council has a very important task: to seek out and expose corruption in the pentacle ranks when it exists, and to protect weaker willworkers who would fall victim to it. This is my opinion, but I believe that we are, by our very nature, advocates.”

Kite’s mood suddenly seems to change, and he fails to suppress a chuckle. “Of course, my own personal experiences probably color my view.” Kite looked toward both Cog and Toby. “So, who wants to go next?” he asks.

l
    loche

Cog listened to Kite respectfully, he had gone through this a dozen times. It was always Interesting to hear about other people, whether it was before a session of DnD, or when you were meeting your local Arrows. Cog stepped into the Kitchen, and grabbed a particular mug for kite's coffee. "Well I guess I'll go next." He smiled as he walked back in. A Mug big enough to hold an entire pot of coffee in his hands. "I dunno how you like it Kite, there is creamers and sugar in the foldy bread thing on the counter. Would you care for anything, Toby?" He smiled as he gestured toward the kitchen. He offered the mug to Kite.

Cog picked up a pencil and twirled it absent-mindedly in his hands. "My name is Cog or Tobias, you can use either. I moved here from Massachusetts, a small town called Sunderland. I went to college, but never finished. It was a money issue more than a lack of interest, I Eventually picked up my current hobby, slash, trade." He paused as he drained his soda and tossed it into a bin in the kitchen. "I make armor and gear for Larp groups, I also make authentic equipment and clothes for the SCA, a reenactment group. I also occasionally put together models for TV series. All my stuff is in my workroom, instead of lying around out here." Cog chuckled to himself, as though he wanted to say something else, but kept it to himself.

"I joined the Free council a few months after awakening. My Master was a little unorthodox but I learned a lot from him. He got me involved with quite a few activities, I ran as a Minuteman for a year or so. I've also done quite a bit of hosting, though I'm used to more Libertines." His demeanor changed slightly, as he took a pensive moment. "I would like it for us to matter. I've looked at our internet site, and if you get past the rants about vampires not existing, and the declaration of a mass awakening this year. It's a load of crap. I joined the Free Council so that magi can affect the world and maybe bring about a new Atlantis. One that is for Sleepers and Magi in harmony, not run by Dictators. It might be a dream I will never see but it would be nice to be a stone in the foundation." He looked at the pencil that he flipped around his fingers. It clattered onto the table. Cog gave October a smile, "Stage is yours."

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Cog asks if she wanted anything, “Not right now, but thank you.” She says and holds up her water. An interesting group so far she thinks as she listens.

“I’m October, and I’m originally from Virginia. I attended Stanford University of Medicine and I’m an Emergency Room doctor at UC Davis. Guess you could say my work consumes me, as I seem to always be there. But, I am making an effort to get more time off and get out more.” She takes a sip of her water, “And I was recently elected to the position of Councilor of the Acanthus.” She didn’t feel the need to discuss her Awakening, it was part of her, but more importantly, it was the past. She didn’t dwell there, and didn’t like talking about it.

“For me, The Free Council gave me a chance to be different and try new things. And I am looking to make a difference somewhere in the world, I’m just not sure where. I do believe that it is someone’s Destiny and Fate that decide if they are Awakened, and not other Orders or Mages. I’ve never been one for Traditions, and believe we need to look to the future and not the past. But above all, I seek the Truth, there are too many Lies, which in my opinion corrupts our standards and ideals. ” With that said, she settles back into her seat. Her reasons may not have been as adamant as those around her, but they were her reasons.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

Kite quietly smiled after Toby finished. “I have always felt that one of the things that made the Free Council stand out were the reasons people joined” he explained. “By its very nature, the Free Council appeals to a wide, diverse group of individuals – more so than any of the other orders.” Kite stood up and started to pace, using hand gestures unconsciously to emphasize his points. “You can make a number of general assumptions about an individual who joins the militant Arrows, or the covert Guardians, or the political Ladders. It is much more difficult to make assumptions about a ‘typical’ Libertine.”

Kite took a long drink of his soda before he continued to explain. “The Free Council, as a whole community, is fairly eclectic in nature. Many of us seek a new vision of Atlantis, which isn’t hobbled by old concepts” he looked towards Cog. “And many of us wish to eschew some of the older traditions, in order to search for the truth in new ways” Kite nodded towards Toby. “But we still have somewhat more conservative elements as well, individuals who don’t necessarily have anything against some of the more traditional elements – at least in theory – but may have specific issues with how these practices are executed.” Kite sat down again, and started to stretch his leg. “As an Order, I have always thought of our job as to ask the questions members of the other orders – for whatever reason – will not ask. Whether it is questioning a procedure or a line of reasoning…” he grimaced in pain as he continued to work on his leg, “…or whether it is questioning an ‘official’ history, or an official judgment or verdict.” Kite turned and looked towards Cog and Toby with an unusual degree of seriousness. “I’ve have always felt that we need to ask the questions that need to be asked, regardless of how uncomfortable the other Orders are with the answers. To this end, we also need to be advocates, for Awakened and Unawakened alike."

Kite took a deep sigh before he took another sip of his soda. “To get to where we need to go, I thought we should try a little ‘thought experiment.’” He took his pen and pad, and started to write furiously again. “Imagine someone who is newly Awakened – think about yourself or people you know – and consider the resources that would help him or her survive. What would you need to get your bearings? What would you need immediately, as opposed to resources that would prove useful later in life? As this imaginary apostate grew more acclimated with his new life, what tools and resources would he need to have access to in order to proper?”

Kite looked at the others with a smile. “So, lets start at the very beginning - I am newly Awakened” he said with a flourish. “In both of your respective opinions, what is the first thing that I need to happen? Consider also different scenarios behind my Awakening - did no one notice my Mystery Play, or did I Awaken in a public setting?" he asked with a grin, clearly enjoying the challenge. "So, what do you think I might I need to happen, depending on the circumstances?”

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

"Well for one if you woke up being hurt you might want to go to the doctors."

The new voice belongs to a young black man. He is leaning against the door with his fore arm, as if he has paused to listen. He is wearing a tank top, purple of all colors, with a pair of blacks jeans that are just a little baggy. His boxers stick out over the top, but not enough to be offensive. He has tattoos wrapped around his arms and his neck. He looks like he has just walked in off the street.

"Names Samdei. " he says, standing up and walking towards one of the chairs. "Moros. Sorry I am late."
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

l
    loche

Cog was so startled from the sudden entry, he was out of his seat in the blink of an eye. "Jesus, man." Cog looked over at samdel, And let out a nervous laugh as his cheeks reddened.

"Sorry... I'm Cog, nice to meet ya," He nodded. "This is October, and that's Kite, You haven't missed much." He pointed to the two other Libertines, "Come on in, can I get you anything?" Cog settled into the host mentality as soon as his blood slowed.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

+1
    SL
    PRE

Toby was mulling over the ideas Kite had put out there, and was about to offer her thoughts when the new guy walked in. She quickly turns her head to the voice, taking him in. Seeing as Cog has introduced them, she smiles, "Pleased to meet you Samdei." she says, wondering if she should go into the ideas she had been forming, or if they were switching gears for a moment. She figured it might be best of he got a chance to really introduce himself and give his thoughts on the Council before anything else. She looks to Kite, "Maybe we should give Samdei a chance to tell us more about himself before continuing?" it was the groups decision either way, but she wanted to give him more of a chance then just his name and Path.

Kite blinked a few times, looking at the newcomer. He appeared startled for just a moment, before he quickly recovered his composure.

“Come in.”
    Kite smiled as he walked over and offered his handshake, “I’m Kite. Please, take a seat” he offered, motioning to the remaining chair at the table. “You caught us just after we finished introducing ourselves to each other and just as we were beginning that exercise” he explained as he walked back to his chair. “So, before we continue, please, tell us a bit about yourself?”

“Oh!” he interrupted. “In case you are wondering, we are expecting Rosh to show up. He seems to be running a little late though...” he added as an afterthought.

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

"That's just like the Guy." the black man returned the shake and settled back.

"Like I said I am Samdei, former Gang member. I awoke after one of your Arrows shot me. I promised to help them take care of my old boss, but right now I am looking for my order. Since the Free Council took me in I decided that was the place for me. "
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread