Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Prime Example

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Anticipating the arrival of his invited guest, Grimoire ( Jokor ), Toren prepared his homestead with zealous pride, cleaning the carpets, the drapes, the couch cushions, and even rinsing off the exterior paneling with his garden hose. He took good care of it even with he didn't expect guests but a little extra effort shows.

They had only spoken briefly at Dark Eyes's Sanctum the other day and of mostly idle chit chat, but Toren was quite eager to learn more about their newest member of the Mysterium. As far as he knew Grim hadn't even had a chance to meet with the Curator yet, but all the more reason to get to know the man beforehand and help him get settled in. He put out some snacks of which he had an abundant supply, tortilla chips & salsa, some sodas, pretzels & cheese, and a few bottled waters. It wasn't like he was inviting over a party, but Toren would likely munch on all these things even if Grim wasn't there.

Grimoire walked up towards Toren's door, a bit impressed by the man's sanctum. It was a lot roomier and probably more secure then his rickety apartment he managed to buy with his dwindling funds.

Coming up to the door he rung the doorbell, waiting for Toren to open the door.
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

Toren skipped and twirled up to the door, excited for company and in safe concealment within his house. He cleared his throat as he gripped the doorknob and steadied himself in calm composure. Opening it he saw it was Grim and he smiled in welcome, "Hey Grim, good to see you again. Come on inside." He opened the door fully to let the fellow Mystagogue through the door. This would be the second time another mage aside from himself and his Mentor had entered the domicile.

Grim could see a majority of the living room from the entryway which itself was a small square of space. A stair ran up the wall on the left, and a hallway went straight to the kitchen which also connected with the living room for the first floor. Upstairs, it could be assumed, would be the bedroom. The snacks lay spread over the coffee table.

"Likewise." Grim said as he stepped inside the home, letting an appreciative glance go over the sanctum of his fellow mage. "How are you doing today?"

ooc: sorry for late reply -__- I thought I had subscribed to this thread. evidently not.
    Giant
    WP 5/5

"Oh, can't complain," said Toren shutting the door once more though clearly without concerns made known by his pleased countenance. He rubbed his hands together in anticipation and then threw them out over the spread of foodstuffs. "I have snacks, please have some. I figure we can just relax and chat a bit and if you like we can we can show off a little razmataz in the basement, compare notes, ecetera ecetera." Toren usually did his practice in his basement, though it may have been strange to invite another man into his fortress of solitude so soon after meeting him. But Toren wasn't one to hold back.

"Thanks." Grimoire said as he took a seat. Finding the invitation into what probably was the other mage's practice space a bit strange. But then again toren didn't look like the malvoilent type and he was quite curious to the skill of the moros in front of him. "And sure, why not? But first lets just chat a bit and enjoy the snacks before we go and let reality cry in a corner." He said in an amused tone, he didn't exactly know why but he couldn't help but feel relaxed around toren. Probably because of the man's open and friendly behavior. After he took a cookie from the table he spoke up again.
    "So, am I right in the fact you designed this mansion yourself? Its quite impressive." He akwardly tried to open up conversation.
    Giant
    WP 5/5

Toren laughed at the joke, though probably more than he needed to, and sat across from Grim in his armchair overlooking the snacks. He grabbed a handful of pretzels and started to munch on them from his hand, speaking between munches, "Oh, I'm mmm flattered you think so, but actually the place was designed by my Mentor, or at least that's what I've deduced from what he tells me. My grandfather helped build it too so I'd dare say it was a child between them, though granddad was the one who owned and lived in it till he passed on. I have a lot of fond memories wrapped up in this place. There's something unique about the architecture that links it to the supernal, though I haven't any idea how that's possible. That's why I was so interested when you mentioned your experience with Prime magics. I have a feeling that's the key to this phenomenon."

He washed down the salty taste with a bottled water before continuing, "I'd ask my Mentor about it but he's a bit unreliable, never being around. I think he expects me to figure a lot of it out on my own, some sort of trial to overcome. Guess with us Tamers of Stone everything has to be the hard way," he laughs at his own joke and then explains. "Well you see that's the Legacy he's promised me. But it's quite difficult to reach the first attainment."

"Well you did mention you where an architect before so you can't really blame me for making that little mistake." He scooped up another cookie as toren continued to talk.
    "Intresting, a connection between the supernatural and the fallen world." He paused for a few moments as he mulled over his knowledge. "Well I don't really seem to think of something in particular that would be the cause of that. Or how you would be able to enchant a building on how to do it. You mind telling me about how that connection influences the fallen world?" He said, his curiosity seeping through in his voice an maners.

At the comment about his mentor he couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "Most mentors are like that, no time for their students when they are wrapped up in their own projects. Then again, he probably is just testing you on how much your able to figure out yourself."
    Giant
    WP 5/5

"Oh it's quite simple to describe the connection itself as a Hallow, though exactly how that is possible I'm still not quite sure about, I am certain Prime Arcana will allow me to search for an answer. I'd really like to duplicate the effect and perhaps enhance it," explained Toren before munching on some crackers next. "That tells you a little bit more about me anyways. But may I ask a little more about you? Like do you feel that your trade in computer programming has any baring on your studies in the supernal? I sometimes feel that each of our callings find a way to compliment each other. For example my studies in architectural materials really helps with my understanding of the Matter Arcanum. Does your occupation yield a similar understanding?"

Because Toren was studying the Tamers of Stone Legacy he naturally felt that a trade was as much a higher calling as being Awakened.

"Never heard of a spell that created a permanent hallow to be honest. But then again I haven't been a mage for that long so I don't doubt there are still a lot of mysteries that I can't even begin to imagine." He said as he took another one of the refreshments. "But it is quite intresting, I have been trying to get my hands on a decent amount of mana since I moved to this city, without all to much effect I am afraid. so being able to duplicate that spell would be quite handy."

At toren's question he shook his head. "Not in my case to be honest. but then again programming is just writing a series of commands that the computer can understand and then execute. Not really similar to magic. Since we force the higher reality upon the fallen world. Which are both fundementally incompatible systems as far as I am aware of right now. But who knows, maybe some of the other arcana I do not know benefit of knowledge of computer programming."

ooc: sorry for delay, exams are near
    Giant
    WP 5/5

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread