Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 39
DISPLAYED
Back at the Museum

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

The spells reveal that Seeing the Light by Uriel was printed in 1750 and Beyond Death by Santino was printed in 1758.

Aenigma finds that the house was sold through Remax, and Ms. Hatsfield is the agent over the area where the home is located.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

A smile forms on the corner of his lips as he finds the name of the real estate agency, and the agent that was probably involved in the selling of the house. "I found something that may be of use," says Aenigma as he quickly memorizes the name of the agent and other pertaining information such as her phone number.

"While I wasn't able to find the name of the buyer, I did find the real estate agency that was involved," says the Warlock as he turns to face Miach. "Also found the name of the agent that oversees sales in that area, so we may be able to find more information about who we are dealing with through her." With those words, he shuts his laptop.

"Were you able to find anything of use?" asks Aenigma of the other Mystagogue.

Miach

PRE

Opening his eyes after his castings, Miach turned back to Aenigma that was talking to him. It took a few seconds for his mind to register that the sounds were words, and that they had a meaning. Recollecting his wits, he answered positively to the Warlock.

Good, good. One more lead to follow, it's always nice. Tell me if you need a hand in your endeavours.

As for me, I've found out that those two books here have been printed in the mid-eighteenth century. So we don't have to worry about their writer, or editor. Once we've rounded up the last book, we should be done with the controlling their dissemination. Though it is still strange that there would be four of them here at the same time, but perhaps some Fate spell may give me some more information on it. Also, perhaps the willworker that brought them here may shed more light on that, or else his master, Hierophant Hermes.

All in all, the information about the books was useful, but not critically so. There was more legwork to be done to assess the situation as a whole, and be on the safe side. As a doctor, Miach always wanted to be on the safe side.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

The Warlock listens to Miach attentively, committing the information his fellow Mystagogue is disseminating to memory. He is pleased by the revelation that the books were published over 200 years ago, which certainly should make their task easier. Once the Acanthus is done talking, Aenigma pipes up with some thoughts of his own.

"Perfect! Well, knowing that they were published that long ago is certainly helpful, for reasons you have already pointed out," he says in response, offering Miach a smile. "We can focus on getting the last book back, and then we can address your other questions." He pauses for a moment, considering what the Acanthus had actually said.

"It is rather interesting that the whole collection would show up here like this," says the Mastigos with a certain hint of suspicion in his voice. "It certainly begs further investigation after we recover the last book. Speaking of which, I was thinking that we could go pay Ms. Hatsfield a visit and pose as interested buyers. Hopefully we can get some answers in regards to the owner of the house from her." Aenigma takes a brief pause, considering their options for a moment before adding, "she is our best lead at the moment, and I would rather be well-informed before we decide on how to recover said book."

Miach

PRE

Miach agreed to his Mastigos's comrade's plan.

You're right of course, that our first need is to get it back. About the book, though, we don't even know its title. Have you managed to read it ?

As he talked, Miach wondered how best to tackle this... he hoped the owner was just some rich nut that would agree to their offer...

m
    magiuspendragon

Hey guys, let's wrap this convo up soon and move on to the next stage.

Miach

PRE

OOC

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nods at the Acanthus' question. "Yes, I did manage to catch the title and a bit more," he says with a slight smirk. "It is called 'The Life We Live' by Alder Hastings." The Warlock pauses for a moment, considering the best course of action.

"Alright, we should give this book back to Gina for safekeeping," he says as he collects the book in front of him. "Then we'll head down to that real estate agency. I'll try giving Ms. Hatsfield a call to let her know we are gonna drop by to see her."

OOC

m
    magiuspendragon

OOC

End Scene

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread