Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

With the Clan Meeting officially concluded, Dillon Connery still sits casually on the meeting room table at the Seven Stars Motel. Leaned back a little, with his weight braced on his hands, a foot kicks idly to the tempo of Led Zepplin playing from his phone, through the adapter and old tape deck on the table behind him.

He is politely waiting for everyone to file out, trusting that those who remain have the sense to talk in an orderly fashion. Looking as though much of the evenings weight is off his shoulders, however brief that may be, the Gangrel Priscus is in no hurry.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Michael hangs around, waiting for everyone with no further business to leave before talking to his Priscus. It's been a long time since he worked on the powers of his Blood and he was hoping they could come to some sort of arrangement. Still, jumping the queue would be rude, so the doctor waits patiently, making sure someone with more status within the Clan doesn't want to speak to Dillon first.

Presence ••• (Feisty)
    Striking Looks •• (Bitchin' legs)
    Blood Potency •••
    Domain Status •••
    Roxie Hart

PRE

Roxie watched whoever left file out. It's not like she was going anywhere, it was her motel. Glancing down at Dog, she saw he wasn't going anywhere either. She was still smoking her cig, there was probably a haze in the room. She was a chain smoker, whatever, she was undead. If anyone complained she'd kick them out anyway. Her hand still played with the zippo. There were times she hoped it disturbed people. It was fun to watch the other vampires squirm with fire.

Her eyes drifted around the room as she saw Redfill not going anywhere along with Priscus McHottie. It's not like she had anything better to do but eat and kill shit. Well, there was always target practice, then she glanced to Jim to see if he was leaving or not. Hopefully Miss Whip Spitfire was sticking around.
    BP ••• | SL2 (Bitchin Legs) | Pres ••• (Impatient)

It didn't take a genius to figure out that Roxie had been eyeing him up all night long. And while James, for a while, was okay with that, he had started to realize the looks were becoming more and more frequent. He began to feel... well, watched. He wondered what she wanted. But only for a minute.

There was a matter of his coteriemate that needed to be handled, and he wished to speak with Dillon about it. Fact was, if Chris was a clannist asshole, Jim would put holes in him. Period. His family mattered to him a whole hell of a lot, and if an Invictus-style duel was required to instruct the young neonate in the proper behavior, so be it. At least Chris would learn from a friend's claws instead of a random stranger.

But James knew it differently. Chris had done nothing but respect him and Jose, even when Jose had been stupid -- and in private, Jim remembered that Chris had simply been joking about Francesco, not about the clan. This was a slip of the tongue, a misunderstanding, of that he was sure. He was certain that Dillon would appreciate the first sentiment, but the truth of it was that Wooding wasn't that guy. If he had been in the past, James was pretty sure he wasn't anymore. Education had a way of correcting stereotypes, and Chris had been educated in the matter of Clan Gangrel of late.

But if Jim was wrong, there was always the aforementioned assbeating. James wouldn't abide a clannist, especially one who played him for a fool.

So James remained in his position, leaning against the wall, awaiting the pleasure of Dillon Connery so he could get the fuck out of there and go drain someone half to death before talking with Chris. I need a fucking drink.

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2
    (quietly stares, speaks calmly)

Zach still had matters to speak with the Priscus about. Three questions really. One, acknowledgment, two, a question of the power of their blood, Protean, and three, help with getting settled. He' only been a member of the domain for two days before this meeting happened, so he was a little nervous around the others. It looked like most of the others had their own business with the Clan leader.
    Zach Griffiths Invictus Gangrel
    BP 1 Presence 2 (quiet and calm)
    [Center]"Zachary speaking" [I][COLOR="#009900"]Zachary thinking[????????
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Dr. Swift sticks around, as he indicated just before the general meeting was concluded. He glances around at the others present. Well, someone has to speak up first. He walks over toward Dillon and speaks, keeping his voice low. "I'm certain you have much left to do tonight, so I'll keep this short. My question deals with your prohibition concerning Mr. Wooding. I understand your reason and decision, of course, and am appalled as well by what he has said concerning the Clan. However, he is a person of some importance to the local Circle. While I have not spent any time speaking with him myself and did not meet him before I joined the Circle, it may become necessary to do so in the future.

"I ask your indulgence on your decision concerning him with matters in regards to Covenant activity as well as Domain. I will of course abide by your edict in personal and all other matters outside of Covenant and Domain."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon's features shift to a thoughtful expression, nodding slightly as Swift outlines his request. He stops kicking his foot. "That's a fair question. And I don't want to give the impression that I intend to hamper the interactions between or among Coteries and Covenants. That would be absolutely counter-productive to everything I've been working to achieve over the past months."

Pausing for a moment, Dillon gives it a little thought. "Let me respond to your question with a few." Looking over to Jim to include him as well, he continues, "Have either of you spoken to the man since the statements he's made? If not, why? Since you both seem surprised by the notion until I brought it up, I can only surmise that you've both either resolved to be blissfully unaware of matters of Elysia, or you simply don't care that your fellow is trash talking your family, openly, publicly, to the entire Domain.

"Now, I don't like the thought of either of those conclusions. So please tell me I've missed something."
    Dillon's voice isn't angry, and neither is his posture. That ship has sailed. He's pretty neutral, truth be told. But there's something about his demeanor that might suggest an air of... sadness? No, that's far too dramatic. It's more like a mild sense of disappointment.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

James stood up off the wall, giving Dillon his due respect by not slouching as he spoke.

"Yes, sir, I've spoken with him on many occasions, and I do care if people are talking trash about us. Mr. Wooding is a friend, and in my experience he has given me and our Clan nothing but the utmost of respect. I know him to think very highly of most Gangrel in the city."

"As well, on two occasions I watched him deal with a Gangrel that he was unimpressed with. One of those occasions was with Francesco himself at his ridiculous meeting. Never once did he call those people Savages, imply they weren't able to think because of their blood, or act in a clannist way. In fact, he was quite courteous on both occasions, even in his displeasure. I figure if he was that kind of man, when he was angry or upset, clannism would show itself, but it didn't."

He shrugged, rubbing at his cheek for a second. "Given that knowledge of his character, I believed his intent was to mock Francesco personally, not attack our family. At the very least, I was inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, since in all of our many dealings, he has never made a remark to me or even implied anything that suggested he might be a clannist. Quite the opposite, in fact."

A resolute look rested on his face. "I'll talk to him, Dillon. I bet you the second he realizes how his remark came across, he'll come to you and apologize to Clan Gangrel for the misunderstanding. He'll make it right. And if I'm wrong about this, then he and I will have no further business." Jim figured Dillon would get the point: family comes first.

Dr. Swift looks visibly disturbed by his Priscus' words. He has a pensive look on his face as Jim speaks, and then adds his own thoughts. "I have not spoken with him personally before or since the Prince's Court, save indirectly at the Equinox celebration. Largely this is because I have had no need to speak with the man. I simply foresee situations arising within the Covenant that would requires I interact with him, preferably in a positive fashion.

"As for my awareness of Elysium, I have to admit that I am not the most social or socially aware individual, so may not be privy to the full extent of his comments, but I was aware that he was unhappy with Giovanni, and that he may have been disparaging to the clan in the process. I assure you I take my family's good name as a preeminent concern. I do not recall being or acting surprised at your announcement this evening. In fact, it was my intention to conduct our investigation exclusively within the clan. I believe it to be just as important that we be seen doing this competently ourselves as it is that we succeed.

"I assure you I have and have had no intention of involving Mr. Wooding in this investigation."
    The emphasis on the title and the absence of the Covenant title is clearly intentional. "As I have worked with Mr. Calloway in the past and respect his views I will attempt to keep an open mind in future dealing with Mr. Wooding. I assure you, however, that should he continue to insult my Family, especially in my presence, that I will be taking such matters into my own hands." There is a brief pause and the doctors voice returns to a more circumspect tone. "Within the laws of the domain, of course."

ooc

Presence ••• (Feisty)
    Striking Looks •• (Bitchin' legs)
    Blood Potency •••
    Domain Status •••
    Roxie Hart

PRE

First it was cock measuring, now it’s cock slapping. Roxie glanced around to see if Tracy Burns stuck around. But at least the boys became men and had finally had the balls to speak up.

“The thing is, it’s these isolated incidents that make us all look like dumbasses.” Roxie shrugged. “And I’m pretty sure I mentioned earlier that’s the last thing we want to do.”

Her eyes turned to Jim and added. “Jim, before you start making promises, you should probably clarify with it him first. We all know what assuming does.” She inhaled her smoke and blew out a ring in his direction. The legalicious Regent let her gaze linger for another moment, then her eyes averted to Dr. Swift and Dillon.
    BP ••• | SL2 (Bitchin Legs) | Pres ••• (Impatient)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread