Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Informant

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Lux

PRE

After a suitable period, once Chip had regained his health and his safety had been secured, it was time for the negotiation over the information the Seer had. She was the only Torchbearer free at the moment, and time was running short, not to mention that this was a job best handled by a politician, someone who was experienced with cutting deals and treading through mazes of words. Thus she sat down across from the Seer in her dining room, a pot of tea between them, and began the opening salvo.

"You said not long ago that the information you had might expire, for very sensible reasons, and I can't help but feel that we're coming towards the end of our timeline. I understand that you see this information as something protective, something that ensures we uphold our bargain and keeps you from harm, but it's a currency that has more value than you know. The act of sharing it shows goodwill, and if the information is incredibly useful it would even buy you some measure of respect, but at least a certain level of acceptance. Enough acceptance that no one would have any choice but to hold to the bargain. Mind you, we will not break our agreement, even if the information is useless, but until you spend it it's value decreases...Besides, you said you wanted a chance to find a place in the Consilium. Helping take down the Seers branch in our city might just be your chance to do this, but that chance would only be available with the information."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

Chip sighs and leans back.

"I must admit you have held up your end of the bargain my dear." he smiles at her sweetly and pours the tea for her and himself. "As for the likely hood of my information being moot, that really only depends on whether the others have caught on or if they have their head up their collective asses. "

He takes the cup and sips it slightly.

"Do you wish to ask the questions or should I pick an choose? "
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

Lux

PRE

"Why don't we start with some of the basics," she replied, hands cradling her mug of tea. "Probably the who, and where, first. Where are the seers based out of, and about how many are there? And who are they, if you know that?"
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

"Who is going to be difficult. Our sacred names, the true sacred names, are kept from eachother. We go by code names." he taps his fingers. "There are 4 pylons in the city though, and five "moles" like I was." He smiles. "We aren't based anywhere in particular, just where we think we should be, but I can pin point the areas we work in, if you can get me a map. "
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.

Lux

PRE

"Of course. Just a moment. I think I have one lying around somewhere," Lux said, setting her cup down and getting up from the table. She walked out of the room and slowly headed towards the bedroom, which was out of view of the dining room. The map was actually in the living room, but she had been so focused on the coming conversation that she hadn't prepared for any sort of magical defense. Which was entirely stupid. Only a fool would take a Seer at his word without taking every precaution, but that was exactly what she had been doing. Looking for a map was as good of an excuse as any to quickly and subtly merge a few spells into her Pattern (see spoilers below). That done, she retrieved the map and came back into the room.

"Here you are, a map and a pen," she said, sliding both towards Chip. While he unfolded and looked at the map, she began to scrutinize him and study his aura.

Spells and actions

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

Chip smiles tightly and nods. He takes the pen and draws on the map. He makes sure not to let the other watch but it seems more out of habit than anything. His aura is filled with excitment, worry and just a little hope.

When he finally finishes he pushes it forward. Four areas are drawn on the map, and you notice that at least one is close enough to the circle to make anyone nervous. There are also dotted lines with "death dealers." written in them. They seem to cover a few blocks in one particular area close to the tower bridge.
    Defense -5 Speed-10

Lux

PRE

Frowning lightly she looked over the map, trying to commit it in part to memory. The words 'death dealers' caught at her attention though, and she flicked her gaze up to stare at Chip.

"So, what exactly is the story with that,"
    she said, pushing the map closer to him, her finger pressing down just above the dotted lines.

OOC

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

ooc

"The death dealers are left overs from a little game that two pylons decided to play. Think of it as living chess. They each picked a gang, built them up, and have been cleansing them through fighting ever since. The death dealers are the "winners" who proved themsleves worthy."
    Defense -5 Speed-10

Lux

PRE

"I see. I'm guessing by your use of 'winners' you disagree with what happened? Or at least the ideas behind it?" she asked, consciously working to not show what she felt about the Seers actions. The Thearch took a sip of tea and pushed the seething heat summoned up by Chip's explanation down and away, trying not to dissipate it but to harness it into fuel for her focus. She needed a clear mind for this. The Seers' victims deserved no less.

"Also, do these four areas each contain a pylon, according to your guess, or will we just have to figure that out?"

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

"Yeah a pylon a piece. They work there, don't know if they lay there heads there but we normally find it easier to work within our own environments. Also not sure which ministry for which pylon. "

He takes a sip.
    Defense -5 Speed-10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread