Ended
Watch

Storytime

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew pads out onto the roof of Gypsy's, his black fur barely more than a deep shadow against the night.

Memories. Blood, grit. Desperate struggle, an equally desperate flight. But what a victory it had brought. The fall of a being of nearly unimaginable power. Had his ancestors felt something similar after slaying Urfarah and claiming his duty as their own?

Peering out over the city, the answer doesn't seem to matter. More important is the scar, deep within the river, a testament to the fact that even now, Father Wolf's children carried on his duties. It would make a grand tale, one that even the Lunes themselves must recognize.

And so he waits.

S
    Sally Romanov

Sally strolled up to the roof of Gypsy's excited for the night to come. Sally knew she would call to the goddess on high, and her messengers, and they would come to recognize Matthew for what he deserved. He is the best of us.

"Hello Matthew, when the others arrive we will begin."
    Sally says, setting her pack down and pulling out her book. She sits, cross legged, and beings to read from her journal.

K
    Kazakin

Stefan headed up to the roof, bounding up the stairs with the same endless energy he'd seemed to possess since his change. His perpetual jeans and tank top number hadn't changed, and he perched on the ledge.

They'd killed a God. He'd struck a blow so hard at one point that it had felt like he could have torn down the sky. He'd been in them and among them, and for once he hadn't felt like a pup. He'd ended up being the mouthpiece to defuse part of the tension against the Pure.

They'd killed an abomination that had been plaguing the Hisil, and the city, and they had done the right thing. Some things had to be recognised. He hoped against hope that the Lunes wouldn't reject him.

The Cahalith grinned one of his lightning-quick grins.

"Hi Firebringer, Faithkeeper."

I
    Irina

Alejandra arrived last of all, a few minutes after Stefan had already made his greetings to the others. She ascended the staircase slowly, considering the changing events of not so long ago. The pride of what they- and the other packs- had done, burned brightly inside her. The enthusiasm was more muted than her pack brother's, but it was there nonetheless.

"Hello, everyone," she greeted.

S
    Sally Romanov

"Good Evening Alejandra, Stefan, how are you both?" Sally asks as she prepares the necessary ingredients for the ritual to come.

K
    Kazakin

"Still in one piece, Sal, which after what we've done..." Stefan let out a low, impressed whistle."The whole lot of us should be pretty fucking impressed." He smiled broadly, a vivid flash of lightning in a stormy sky.

"Especially me. I managed not to bite off my own leg."

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew glances over Stefan, with a brief nod. <<You did well. Kuruth is never a pleasant thing, and I was relieved to see you pull through.>>

S
    Sally Romanov

Sally looked to Matthew, remembering a very unpleasant experience that they had with Kuruth.

"Besides Matthew, who else would like a rites performed this evening? With the Luna growing ever closer, it is a powerful night. The Rift between the Hisil and us is very thin."

I
    Irina

"Besides, we would never have let you bite off your own leg," Alejandra responded calmly. She paused, seeming to consider her next words before actually speaking.

"Your arm, maybe. But your leg, I think, is more important." The Irraka did not joke very often; and perhaps this time it came as relief that they had gotten out of the battle in one piece.

K
    Kazakin

"Thank you. Guess I was just born lucky," Stefan said simply, to Matthew. It wasn't a weakness to admit something had happened. That would have just been plain dumb. No, it had happened and they'd all seen it. It took more spine to admit the Rage had taken him briefly than to try and fake it. Even if he was slightly ashamed that it had happened at all.

"I can fight without my legs, Ale. I need my arms," he shot back, before smiling at Sally. "Glory for me, too. We fought against a God. Hopefully, the lunes will acknowledge us for that."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last