Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Eolas: Meeting with the Seneschal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

James Calloway waited outside the Avalon for Chris Wooding a few minutes before the appointed time. It was the night after Chris had made his quick-fingered call to Ariana Donovan at the lake after being convinced of the wisdom of disavowing Jose Matias from Eolas' ranks. He wore his black suit and tie and his best shoes (such as they were), figuring that meeting with the Seneschal over such a topic warranted dressing decently.

"Well... all set? Bad news first, or good news?" he asked his friend with a bit of a grim look on his face. It had been barely any time since Court and the incident, so he was fairly sure that they wouldn't be held liable for unnecessary delay. They really had been very fast about getting clear of the Josι liability. He cursed his luck, wishing Chris hadn't gone so fast to talk to the Seneschal after all.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris arrives soon enough after James and nods to him as a greeting. He wears a black blouse, but no tie. He looks decent, but not overdressed for a simple meeting. 'Well, we're here because of the bad news, so let's start with that. The good new is just something we tell to make clear we haven't fallen into a depression after the bad news.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

"Fair enough," he said with a nod. He muttered quietly, "Here's hoping this goes well..." Leading the way as they descended the stairs, James' eyes swept the main chamber for the Seneschal. If she was not there, then he would check the office.

( Ariana Donovan )

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Shadow may have heard the click of Ariana's heels as she walked down the hallway. She may have been in a conference room, or someone's office. Her stride was normal, but the Lordess never meandered, her step was purposeful as usual. She had just been checking her watch to make sure she was on the look out for the Eolas coterie. As she saw James and Chris she smiled to the both of them. A knee length grey dress adorned her figure, classy yet still business attire. A necklace rested on the front of her dress and the same ring on her right finger as she had worn since the holidays.

"Good evening gentlemen, I hope you are well Perfectly on time I see." The copper haired Ventrue said with an inviting smile. "Shall we step into my office?" Her eyes moved briefly to the direction it was in the hallway.

Ariana

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris bows deep when Ariana greets them. 'Seneschal Donovan, a good evening. I wouldn't want any other time than the perfect time to meet you.'' He adds a boyish grin, more being the usually good humored man than a real seducer. With a nod he agrees that they should go inside her office.

'I hope your evening has been faring well so far? Polite as ever, but nonetheless sincere.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Jim elected not to roll his eyes at Chris's greeting. "Good evening, Madam Seneschal. It's a pleasure to see you tonight." A polite smile. He thought very well of the Seneschal but their subject matter this evening was such that he wasn't feeling particularly perky. When she suggested they step into her office, the Taifa nodded agreeably and followed her.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana was unsure why the meeting was called this evening. Although, considering Chris had mentioned there were three to their coterie before, she wondered where Jose had been. Given the current situation, she wonder if the Brazilian knew he was still allowed in Elysias to converse with others.

She walked into her office and waited for Chris and James. "Please come in. Have a seat if you wish." The Lordess' hand gestured to the seats on the other side of her desk. Ariana sat in her desk chair, casually with her legs crossed to one side leaning forward a little. "Vala Wooding and Mr. Calloway, what can I do for the both of you this evening?" Her cobalt blue eyes looked to James then to Chris. She wondered if it may have been progress on the library, something they discovered or an occult finding. Either selection, Ariana was attentive.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

After a thankful nod Chris takes place at the appointed seat. 'We are here to inform you on the current status of our coterie. It is only a short while after I spoke to you at Court about Eolas, Seneschal, but some things have changed.' The good humored smile fades and Chris looks at James, he could finish the first part of their story.

Looking to Chris as he spoke, James thought for a moment, then turned his head to the Seneschal. He took a moment to sit and settle into the chair. "Madam Seneschal, Vala Wooding and I both are sworn supporters of this Domain and its laws. It's important to us that those we would seek to work closely with act in accordance with the law. We spoke with Mr. Matias, and we found his attitude toward his situation, and most importantly, toward our desire to have even some basic reassurances that he had learned from his mistake and that it would not happen again to be... very worrisome, to say the least." It was plain to see that Jim was saying that Jose's attitude wasn't right.

"We wished to come here and let you know that we have elected to be a coterie of two. Mr. Matias... needs some time to consider his own situation before he can be a reliable and contributing member of a newly founded team."
    His face was serious, a rarity for the normally relaxed Taifa. "That being said, the work Vala Wooding discussed with you at Court has begun in earnest. This is a setback for us, but we have begun to establish our library in Valencia."

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Lordess heard Chris’ words first and gave a slow nod as she listened. She still saw a small grin on his face for the moment and wondered what the change could be. Then James proceeded with the explanation.

Ariana’s head raised a little with puzzled inquiry. “Mr. Matias’ attitude?” Her voice inquired for clarification. “Could you elaborate for me what you mean by worrisome?” The Seneschal looked to the Shadow and Gangrel with concern in her eyes.

“I think you both greatly for letting me know what has changed within your coterie.” The Lordess knew that most people would just leave town and everyone knew the details from there. Yet this was a slightly different case. “One interesting thing about setbacks is that those in their right mind will adjust and move forward.” Ariana smiled to both James and Chris hoping to provide a tidbit of insight, and perhaps further discussion.

“I would love to hear your progress on the library, however, let us cover one thing at a time.” Her voice remained pleasant, but like the Ventrue she was, the most important business item should be discussed first and foremost.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread