Ended
Watch

Ice Cream VS Nightmares

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias met Clare's eyes, and then relaxed into a smile as she leaned against him. "I haven't actually met Rook yet, I don't think. As for Dominyk, well why are you unsure?" He gives her hand a gentle squeeze. He could feel the callouses on his hands rubbing against her skin.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare shrugs then sighs. "Let me put it this way: That kiss at the bar? It's been pointed out to me that it was be sexual assault if I wanted to press charges. Not only am I not pressing charges, I've somehow started caring for him despite... everything." She nearly growls the word, her hand jerking faintly for additional emphasis. Then she slumps against Tobias, a puppet with it's strings cut. "And I don't know what - I'm not sure how much I'm going to wind up caring for him, and I'm scared of that, because... After I first met him? After I first met him I thought the - the thought most like them I've ever thought." She starts chewing her lip, thinking of how much she should tell Tobias....

He'd seen it all with Raffie. "For a while, I wanted to break him and fix him and break him again. Over and over. There's still that undercurrent, sometimes, when I get aggravated by him... and he asked me to cut off his wings. On top of that lovely bit of crazy on my part... He likes me. Really likes me. I guess it's kinda fortunate that I've already set up an 'absolutely nothing more than friendly business until Summer' rule. It gives me some time to figure this out... but I have absolutely no idea how to approach him with this without jerking him aroun and hurting him emotionally."

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias listened, trying to take it all in. He'd had no idea that things were that tense between her and Dominyk. He felt her slump against him as she told her story. He sat there, silently supporting her. Damn, she has been through a lot hasn't she.

He took a moment, composing his response. He took a deep breath, and then spoke in a soft, soothing voice. "I can't tell you what to do about the kiss, but I could see it unsettled you that night." He frowned, hearing the music match his emotions. "If it were that alone, I'd urge you to press charges and move on. But you care for him." He smirked a little. "You know, I'm terrible at relationship advice. But it seems to me, you really do want to talk to him about what happened last night." Way to state the obvious, genius. She already said as much.

He put his face in his hands. "This isn't coming out right. I think what I'm trying to say is, move on telling him. You want to, and you owe it to yourself. Your fears... I can't tell you to dismiss them. They're very real to you. But we'll help you with them. Me and the others who care about you."

He gave her a warm smile. "So let's start there. You're trying to figure out how to tell him about your dream? How do you think this'll end up pulling him around, we'll find a way to work it out. One step at a time."

Something occured to him then, and a puzzled look came over his face. "Wait, did you say wings?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Yeah. He's got horns growing in too, kinda suspect he isn't just flowers..." Clare answers as her fingers tap on Tobias's knees absently. She's clearly distracted by her thoughts, then suddenly straightens and looks at her friend with surprise. "Relationship? I'm not, no, no, I didn't mean caring for him like that! God. No. He's a childish - no."

m
    magiuspendragon

"Alright, alright," Tobias said, raising his hands in a placating gesture. "No relationship. Sorry I misunderstood."

He leaned back against the wall, and placed his hand over hers. "The rest of that wasn't so far off though, was it? What do you think will happen if you tell him about this dream."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"I...don't really know." Clare chews her lip, and works on her ice cream as her mind pokes and prods at the question. "Option one, he takes it way wrong and thinks it means I want to hurt him. Option two, he realizes it means I care for him and take sit kinda like you did - that I want a relationship with him. I wouldn't be thrilled about that. Option Three... I dunno? I guess there's always the possibility of him just accepting it and trying to help me figure things out like you are."

She leans against Tobias and grins up at him, letting him know how grateful she is for him being there.

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias gave her a smile as he considered her options. He adjusted his posture, letting her relax into him as she leaned in. He had to reach an arm around her waist to hold the ice cream bowl in order to take a few contemplative bites. "Well, let's take these one at a time. Option one. Well, that'd only happen if he failed to see just how unsettled you are about this. I don't think that's very likely, but I guess it's possible." He let that sink in, and watched her gaze for a reaction. "Option two, well that could be awkward, but it's easily fixed. You just step back and clarify, like you did with me." His smile turned into a grin. "You might want to leave 'childish' out of it though." He let out a chuckle. "I for one, am going to hope for option 3 here. Seems like the best outcome to me." He gave her a wink. Of course it was the best outcome, that's why he'd chosen it himself.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

The Ogress chuckles, then gives a relieved sigh. "Yeah, you're right. I should just relax, it'll be fine." She takes a few more bites of her icecream, not moving from her spot against Tobias - he was warm, and she was still tired from her lack of sleep last night...

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias gave her a gentle, reassuring squeeze. "Yeah, you will be." He smiled, listening to the soothing melody only he could hear. He felt good about himself. She'd come in fraught with worry and now she was finally sighing and eating her ice cream.

Ice cream: 1, Nightmares: 0
    End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.