Ended
Watch

The Intiation Trials of Leroy Denizen

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Lux

PRE

"After this meeting concludes we'll arrange a time. For the moment, however, I would like to hear your thoughts more completely. Say, for instance, that you meet him and find him to be callous, rude, and unrepentant. How would that change your stance on this defense? Are you comfortable protecting someone that willfully harmed the Consilium and would do so again without pause?" Lux's voice asked, simple curiosity riding in the words.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

"If he were unrepentant as you claim I would still defend him to my utmost ability, within the strict letter of the Lex, no more no less. However if he presented himself as a just, warm-hearted, considerate fellow, I would do everything I could, still within the letter of the Lex, to make sure he didn't suffer more than he deserves." He pauses to consider her other words carefully before answering him concerning his loyalty. "Deacon Lux, I have come to love this city and her Consilium, but I love justice more. I believe that if our Order were to achieve the dream of Hieraconis, we should do so with as clean a conscience as possible. For Utopia to work we must prove that we deserve it."

Lux

PRE

"Yes, but how can we achieve a clear conscience when others can point to our failures and our demons that unfortunately spring up, as they do in every group," Lux's voice asked, her words dripping with rhetoric. "In order for us to achieve our goal, the Consilium must trust us, and as Deacon I will allow nothing to besmirch our image or honour. We are the ones who guide the Consilium to Hieraconis, not the other way around, and thus we must make others think there is nothing wrong with this affair. Not for Chalice, but for the Silver Ladder, so that we may continue to guide the Awakened of Sacramento with a pure hand. I am glad that you will defend this man to your utmost ability, because I can assure you that we will not accept a loss. Chalice will be found not guilty because we will make it so. That is the very reason why you are defending this man, because we have arranged it so. If you do not have the stomach for what must be done, this trial will surely prove it. Do you understand now?"

During the entire length of her explanation, true Belief sounds in her words. Utter certainty in their correctness, almost as if challenging Denizen to deny their truth.

OOC
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Leroy Denizen smiles broadly but it never reaches his eyes. Typical Obrimos, I thought she was better than this. "Then I propose a way to acquire the item stolen from the museum without duplicity it will give us an image of an upright order without ostracizing the Consilium of his home city and it may make allies of the Mysterium. Would you like to hear my idea?"

Lux

PRE

"When Chalice was apprehended, the Item was returned to its rightful place in the Museum. What need would we have of acquiring the item now?" the voice snapped. "The Mysterium will be easy enough to twist. Do not concern yourself with them. I will have it handled. The only thing I need to know is whether or not you are willing to undertake what is need to ensure that the Ladder remains in its rightful place."

"I will do everything short of murder or treason to keep us in our so- called rightful place." Especially since we have become no better than the thieves who stole the item in the first place. She has only ensured that Chalice's home consillium will see us as thieves, she has missed a wonderful opportunity to forge a alliance with them. Ah well, that's the Obrimos for you they never seem to want to see passed their own ideals.

Lux

PRE

The light goes out, plunging the room into utter darkness, but then the room begins to lighten gradually until the florescent lights shining down are unaffected. The chair across the table of Denizen is empty, but a casual sweep of the room reveals that Lux is standing in a corner by the door, dressed in an utterly black suit.

"Very well, Denizen. The first trial of your initiation has ended. If you hadn't guessed it already, that was just a scenario, a complete fabrication. There is no Chalice, there were no crimes, and unfortunately you do not have the honour of representing us. Perhaps that will come in time, though you might need to study the laws of the Consilium in greater detail. They may not be many of them, but that just means that they must be flexed until they fit any gaps that should be under the purview of the law. Also, I would encourage that you examine your willingness to speak for what you feel is right. You did not do wrong, necessarily, in telling me what I wanted to hear, and many would do the same. Nevertheless, as a Thearch, Words are your power, Thought is your battlefield, and your Morals and Will are your armour. Never abandon them,
    " she declared, her words grave but without recrimination. "You have three more trials to complete, each hosted by a member of our Order. They will contact you with the details. Once all are completed we shall judge your worthiness."

OOC

Without a word Leroy stand and bows to Lux, in some way it is a mixture of both politeness and an opponent bow to another in martial arts. He rises and without a word leaves the room.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread