Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Stepping Out at the Four Seasons

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    S
    Selena

The Dancer had noticed a bar or lounge while she was at the Four Seasons Hotel during the Seasonal Court. She decided to check it out. L’aire wasn’t sure she would recognize anyone at first. So many were busy in conversations when she had arrived during the coronation it was too bad, but what could she do. Relieved that the lounge was nothing like Vegas, not overwhelming or over the top yet, it also felt very exposing.

She didn’t know why she was a little nervous in Sacramento. The Fairest realized some of it stemmed from Vegas, where she attempted to find something more permanent. Thwarted by loyalists, she wondered if she was safe. L’aire’s other reason was way more selfish. But who knows, as they say to every there is a season. The Winter Dancer walked in and looked around for a moment before walking in the direction of the bar. A simple blouse and black slacks thankfully could go either way, classy or casual. To top it off, a hardened mask.

L'aire

-1 Glamour Hardened Mask

Wearing his black dress-pants, dark grey waistcoat and a white business shirt adorned with black tie, Aldamoth entered the Four Seasons bar once more. He glanced around, looking for any familiar faces before moving directly towards the bar itself.

Pulling out his wallet, the Leechfinger frowned as he realised how little cash he had on him. Still, enough for a few drinks.

"
    Chivas Regal, on the rocks" he said to the bartender, his accent dancing lightly over his words.

OOC

S
    Sasha

As the Dancer walked with precise steps she arrived at the bar just to hear the person ordering a Chivas. Too rich for my blood at the moment. L’aire had drank it many times, generally when men would buy her drinks in various corners of the earth.

“Diet Coke, please.” The Fairest put a few bills on the counter. Well, I bet I sound like a cheap date, or just cheap.

Pivoting to the guy next to her, who looked vaguely familiar from the coronation, she said a little sheepishly. “Well, I feel completely under dressed.” A half chuckle and a shake of the head. It was fairly evident she didn’t know his name, but when her violet eyes turned to the man with shadowy eyes, her expression was squinted as if thinking; 'hey, I think I’ve seen you but I’ll be damned if remember that I actually met you.' An apprehensive smile was across her teeth. L'aire stood on the balls of her feet in flat shoes as if she was anticipating something.

Paying for his drink with a mix of notes and coin, the Darkling turned his head slightly towards the women with violet eyes, trying hard to recall if he had met her before. Perhaps on one of my walks?

He chuckled quietly, taking a small sip of his scotch before replying "On the contrary" he gestured to the surrounding patrons with the glass "I'm the one who is feeling completely over-dressed, but thats not unusual. Name's Alda'." He said, wearing a smile faint enough to hide his fangs.

S
    Sasha

“Nah, I think you’re fine.” Of course the Fairest had no idea if this was true or not as she glanced around trying to judge the attire of anyone else. Her sholders shrugged in a crisp motion. “Sasha.” She said stating her name. “Nice to meet you Alda.”

Then it hit her a little. “Oh, I think I saw you at the party here.” Accentuating particular words hoping he’d get the hint. The breath from further talking was a little chilly. “Besides, your Chivas goes with your suit.” The Winter Dancer winked and her whole body seemed to mirror the motion ever so slightly. As she took her coke from the counter her hand circled around. “Have you come here often?” She had no idea if when they were pledging to Queen Rosemary if he was renewing or he was new to the Freehold.

There was a fine line of getting to know someone and sounding like a shitty pick up line. Great…. 'cause that’s so not what I meant.

"Well, thats good to know" he said, shifting his scotch from his right to his left in order to free up his hand, before extending it. "Likewise, Sasha."

His eyebrows rose slightly when she mentioned the coronation. He had picked her as a mortal at first, but that did explain the feeling of deja vu. He took another sip of his scotch before continuing quietly, half to himself "12yr just can't compare to 18. Sad but true. But yeah, that was a nice party. It's been quite a few years since I've been to one quite like it."

The fact that she was asking if he was a regular seemed to imply that she too was new in town. But it never hurt to ask, assumptions could prove dangerous.

"This is my second trip to Sacramento, I've been here for a few months now. And yourself, Sasha?" He said in a friendly tone, curious as to her answer.

K
    Kazakin

Rook was, as always, heading for the piano in his suit and tie. Behind the sunglasses, his gaze skimmed over the bar. He recognised Aldamoth from last time, and was rather pleased to note that he wasn't waving a sword around this time. Good. That notice had had some effect, then.

His gaze flickered to the smoothed over, damaged portion of the bar, and his lips pressed into a thin line. He forced a smile, and walked over to the two Changelings.

"Just to let you two know, I'll be playing if you've got any requests,"
    the Constable said, and his voice sounded fairly amicable. He tried not to look at the bartender, or draw his attention. Sam probably didn't need the stress.

His mantle blazed across his skin as he turned to head to the piano, white-hot fusion flares rippling across the rivets in his skin. He settled himself, and started to play, a light improv tune to mix with the mood of the bar.

2 successes for playing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-26 09:44:33 Rook rolls 8 to Play, play, play the piano 9, 6, 7, 9, 1, 4, 3, 5 2 successes

S
    Sasha

The Dancer extended her hand in return to Alda with long slender fingers. She assumed he was talking about the scotch with the age comparison. “Well I’ve heard there are things that get better with age.” She smirked a little, not really letting on what she meant.

“The party was great, I really liked the food. It was different coming from Vegas. But then again, there were so many there. I only just arrived right before the party.” The Winter Fairest remarked. So many of them in one place certainly attracted some attention while she and Dorian were there. When he mentioned it was his second trip her head turned slightly. “Oh, second trip?” Catching his wording and inquiring at the same time.

It was clear to her that the man on the ivories was one of them. It was plain to see as the flames tucked around certain places. “Thank you.” She said to the piano man before he walked away. Turning back to the Darkling she gestured to the piano and its player. “Think we should make a request?” Becoming acquainted with others in the Freehold was probably wise; safety in numbers. Although to L'aire that seemed like an oxymoron.

Aldamoth wore a friendly smile as he shook the Dancers hand gently. He quite wasn't sure as to what she was getting it, so he continued to smile knowingly before taking another small sip.

"Yeah, the food was great. Never been to Vegas, does Sin city live up to all the hype?" he asked as he put his glass down, giving the ice time to melt into the scotch. "It was a few years back now, a quick business trip."

Turning his head slightly, the Leechfinger noticed a familiar face. Rook's connection to summer seemed stronger then when they had met previously, the Elemental wore it well. He couldn't help but smile as the pianist moved towards them. He always enjoyed the company of the brutally honest.

"We meet again, Mr. Rook" he said in a cheerful tone, nodding when he mentioned the potential for requests. He had enjoyed classical music, once upon a time. It had served to separate him from his peers ever so slightly, a minor distinction which he had once relished fully. There was one piano prelude in particular which stood out in his mind.

Turning his head towards Sasha, he replied in an even tone "Sounds good to me. I've got a piece in mind, you?"

K
    Kazakin

Rook inwardly grimaced at the 'Mr. Rook'. It wasn't that Rook wasn't a surname- technically it was. It was just that if Rook was used as his surname, that implied a first name.

The Constable did in fact, have a fuller designation that he preferred not to use. Because if he had, that would have made his first name 'Queenside'. Queenside Steel Rook.

Yes. That was never going to happen. He liked to have the slightest shred of dignity. He'd have to explain to the other Lost. Perhaps get some sort of nametag.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.