Ended
Watch
111 - 120
DISPLAYED
West Side Story

Page 12 of 13 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
    K
    Kazakin

"New toys..." Danny murmured, staring at the screen for a moment. "I, um, I suppose ah... 'da Jap' is the supplier. Do we know anyone who might fit that description, do you...?"

He was shaking painfully, his fingers flexing. Oh God, he had to calm down. Why couldn't the action just be here already? He'd be better once it was over. He could feel that crystal clarity and touch it, and he would be fine...

Smudge

PRE

Smudge took the cigarettes with mild disdain, ironically finding the habit disgusting but perked up when he saw the wad of cash in the wallet.

"Could feed alot of mouths with this," Smudge muttered before stuffing it back in the wallet and throwing it on the floor, coming to the conclusion that it was no doubt gained through illegal means.

"Looks like we'll be staking out the port next," he said, shaking his head to Danny's question.

Marcus Evan

PRE

The metalflesh looks at the lighter with a slightly offended expression. Marcus doesn't understand why it's being so rude. Obstinate, even. Maybe it's somehow defective. After studying it for a moment longer, he puts it back where he had found it and retrieves the cash from the discarded wallet.

"It certainly looks that way, doesn't it? But, I think we should drop this in Brother Lucas' collection plate, where it'll do some good. Besides, i think it would probably be best to make this look like a run-of-the-mill mugging. Alright?"

L

"Agreed, on all counts." He flipped the phone over as he spoke. Powering it off before popping off the backplate and removing the sim chip. "Hmm...I don't suppose anyone knows a good way to keep it from being immediately apparent that this is missing? Aside from stabbing right through that part of the phone?"

Danny's question gave him a bit of pause. Xian He? He was of oriental descent, and dealt in all matter of fae-touched goods. But those would be tenuous reasons, at best, to suggest his involvement in something like this. Besides, he wasn't Japanese. Though the thugs wouldn't necessarily be able to tell the difference. San Francisco followed the directional courts, aligned with Far Eastern philosophies, could it be someone from there? Ultimately, he just didn't have enough information to go on. "Unfortunatley, I don't think we have enough info yet to figure out who da Jap is."

K
    Kazakin

"We should probably just take the phone," Danny said, after a moment. His voice was halting. "I-I mean, thieves wouldn't leave a phone. You can pawn them easy, and if you take the, the SIM, then it'll be obvious that we were after... something on the SIM, not the phone."

The Wizened couldn't imagine the man going to the police, but he might go to his friends. And if something seemed off...

"I mean, we could... get rid of it after. Just not here."

L

"I'm hoping that if we can keep it from being immediately obvious that the SIM chip is we might get a bit of useful information sent our way before he realizes it and gets the word out." He looks down to the phone, and shrugs slightly. "But I suppose that may be something of a long shot."

Stripes sighs, flattening his ears as he nods to the others.

"Don't hear anyone else coming, and now we have a clue," The tiger sums up, tapping his foot. "We still going to see what else is in there?"

Smudge

PRE

"I'll shake the waters down with the underbellies," Smudge comments, "See if anyone knows 'da Jap'. For now, I say we get the fug out before sleeping beauty wakes and Danny has to kill him," the Ogre smiles, looking with his one eye at the Wizened.

K
    Kazakin

"Might get calls anyway," Danny pointed out. "How many people, um, remember numbers these days? And there's no, um, no way everyone in his call list will be um, in the building..." He bit his lip awkwardly. "...We should move."

L

Rick shrugs, and pockets the phone. "Yeah, we should. I can't say I'm all that eager to wait to see if any more of them come wandering out for a leak."Or to look for their friend, for that matter."And we know where to go next."

Page 12 of 13 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
Closed Thread