Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
West Side Story

Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last

Stripes falls back again, turning to Danny with an impressed smile.

"Alright, you gotta teach me how to do that," The tiger says with a huge grin.

Whatever discomfort Danny might feel about being so proficient with his weapon today is lost on Stripes. The young beast is thoroughly impressed with his fellow Ashen Courtier's fighting prowess and isn't even trying to hide it.

L

Rick gives a low whistle of appreciation as he watches the thug fall. Maybe he really should have gone with the established positions and named Danny the Paladin of Shadows. There was certainly no doubting his proficiency in combat.

Reaching back into his pack, he slid a pack of zip ties free. It always paid to be prepared. And as Marcus sorted through the thugs pockets Rick zip-tied the man's hands behind his back, just in case he woke up. If they were good enough for the Army to use in the Middle East they were good enough to be used here, he figured.

That done, he glanced to Marcus, "Find anything interesting?"

K
    Kazakin

Danny felt the horrible clarity bleeding from him, and lowered the cane, looking at the unconscious thug on the floor. He wished every moment could feel that way, without the crippling doubt and fear washing through his veins like a poison.

And then Stripes said something, and the Smith blinked owlishly, staring at the Beast with a slightly blank expression.

"...I, um, I'm not a very good teacher," he mumbled, wondering why people kept trying to get him to do that.

He really wished he had the courage to just walk into Glissade and say hello, but he didn't. The idea of just showing up scared the Hell out of him. Maybe if he could do that, he'd be able to...

...screw up in a totally different place, probably.

Smudge

PRE

Smudge was all ready to jump in and help Marcus....up until the Autumn Wizened had once again jumped ahead of him in the queue. After the thug went down, the Ogre clapped Danny on the shoulder, perhaps a little heavier than he needed to.

"For fug's sake, Danny," he said, quietly, chuckling. "Save some f' the rest of us."

K
    Kazakin

"...Well uh, I guess next time it's all yours," Danny said, nervously. He worked his fingers across the cane, trying to calm himself down.

Utterly certain that everyone would think he was crazy.

"Um... Rick, Marcus? Find anything?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus shows the others a switchblade, a cell phone, a pack of cigarettes, a Zippo lighter, and a wallet full of cash. Removing the ID from the wallet, he hands it over to Rick, along with the phone. Keeping the switchblade and lighter, Marcus hands the wallet and cigarettes over to Smudge. It's uncertain if he does so because the ogre looks like he could use them or if he simply wants his hands free to examine the two metal objects. After a bit of spit and polish, the metal Zippo shines like new as he asks about its former owner.

"That's better, now isn't it? My name's Marcus. I was wondering if you could tell me about the bloke that was carrying you around in his pocket. Can you tell me what he was doing before he came outside?"

Primordial Voice(Catch met)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-12 18:16:28 Marcus rolls 6 to Socialize+Wyrd (10 Again) 1, 1, 5, 5, 1, 1 failure

Marcus does not get a response from the metallic lighter, even as he speaks to it...which probably would make him look sort of silly to those outside of the Lost community. The driver's license that is handed over to Rick, identifies the drunken thug as Ramon Suarez, 26 years of age, and a local to Sacramento. A home address is also listed, along with the other typical information found on a driver's license. If Smudge looks inside the wallet, he founds a stack of $20s that add up to about $200.

L

"We have ourselves one Ramon Suarez, apparently. Native to Sacramento." In other words, less likely to be someone who was just visiting the gang.

After giving the ID a once over he turned his attention to the phone, sifting through its call logs and text messages to see if there was anything noteworthy in them.

Stripes stretches a bit and leans against the wall. He unfortunately doesn't have much to offer in terms of figuring this guy out at the moment but just to be safe...

"Fang and Talon, stalkers of man..." Stripes mutters, gathering the glamour around him. "The hunt is on, let me hear as you can..."

1 success for Beast's Keen Senses, mimic feline hearing sense
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-13 22:25:35 Stripes rolls 5 to activate Beast's Keen Senses (Wits 3 + Wyrd 2) (10 Again) 4, 3, 6, 9, 4 1 success

Stripes winces as his ears swivel a bit, becoming much sharper. He certainly isn't about to let another punk potentially get the drop on them as he closes his eyes and focuses on listening for anyone else that might be coming.

and 4 successes on perception check
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-07-13 22:27:23 Stripes rolls 7 to perception (Wits 3 + Comp 2 + contract bonus 2) (10 Again) 8, 8, 10, 3, 1, 6, 8, 5 4 successes

L

After searching throught the phone for a minute or two Rick stops, apparently considering something on the screen. "Well...this seems interesting."

Turning the phone around so the rest of them an see a text message from some guy referred to as Chino is displayed on the screen.

"Gettin some new toys from da Jap. Meet up is next week, down at the Port."

Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
Closed Thread