Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Hark! The Herald

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

The Honey Pot was a mostly pleasant cafe not too far from the center of downtown Sacramento. Because of that, it tended to get a fair amount of business during the day. It wasn't too loud or too crowded to have a conversation in, but it made two people meeting look a lot less conspicuous. Not that Gallows expected anyone to give him and Ariadne a second glance--there were several couples eating in the cafe already, and the two of them would just make one more. Still, you could never be too careful, and he had no desire to be known as the mage who led the Consilium's only Herald into some sort of Seer ambush.

He took a sip of the coffee he had ordered and grimaced. It wasn't bad, but he had gotten used to his regular at the Ambrosia Cafe, and it just wasn't the same. As much as he would have liked to meet there, however, it simply wouldn't be safe. He had already met with Councilor Morris there once, and the last thing he needed was to develop a habit of meeting important people in the same public location repeatedly. The life of a mage didn't have to be full of paranoia, but those that were tended to be a bit longer.

The table Gallows had chosen was near the back of the cafe, which was just beginning to get its lunchtime rush in. His back was to the wall, and he was able to survey the entrance. Hopefully, he would see Ariadne when she entered, and she would see him.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne walks into the cafe and gives it a quick look over. People, not terrible. Though messy if things go south. But discrete.

She smiles as she recognizes Gallows. A face from somewhere...Consilium? I wonder what a Ladder wants with the Epopt. Walking to the man her eyes continue to scan around the room lazily.

"Afternoon." Ariadne greets Gallows with a pleasant smile. Not using the man's Shadow name just yet. It's one thing to be named after a goddess and another after unpleasantness.

PRE

Gallows stood up as Ariadne arrived, and waited until she sat to sit back down. "Good afternoon, and thanks for coming. Please, have a seat." After sitting back down, Gallows took another sip of his coffee. The stuff was beginning to grow on him. "Thank you for coming to meet me, I'm aware it was slightly short notice."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"Afternoon to you as well. It's no problem. I'm around town most of the day." Ariadne had taken a seat so she could keep an eye on the door perpendicular to Gallows. She rests her hands together on the table. "So, whats up?"

PRE

"Well," said Gallows. "I've been trying to meet with as many of the Consilium officers as I can, since I'm still relatively new here. I've already spoken with my Councillor and my Deacon, and you seemed like the next step. Thought I would introduce myself a bit more formally. However, I must admit that I also need to speak to you as Epopt, not just Herald. Are you familiar with the concept of Cryptopoly?" Gallows's eyes flicked to his bag. Inside it were some of the documents that Ariadne might want to see, but he was going to keep them away as long as possible. No sense taking them out and risking them blowing away or being looked at by some passerby.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

The smile twitches for a moment but remains. Inside Ariadne sighs.

"I am not, something to do with the dead?" She leans back in her chair then everyone around them gets a glance. Looking for any sort of reaction. Even if its just a "the heck" sort. After a moment she raises then lowers a hand, palm open and towards the table.

"Tone back a bit if you could please, but continue."

PRE

Gallows nodded in acquiescence to the Epopt. He was fairly sure that they weren't likely to be overheard, but he was fine with adding extra layers of security.

"By all means," he said. "I'm referring to a type of business venture that my corporation often employs. It can be a bit complicated--organizations within organizations, overlapping cells, so on and so forth. They're excellent at raising and funneling resources, while at the same time helping us spread a bit of the party propaganda, so to speak." He smiled and waved a hand dismissively like a businessman who didn't want to bore a prospective client with details. He didn't think he could do the full concept of Cryptopoly justice while speaking in code, but he would do as best as he could to get across the idea of its dual purpose of resource gathering and enlightening of Sleepers. "Regardless, our local branch has been expanding, and this most recent addition to the company is currently underway." He pulled out a manila folder, and put it on the table. It was unmarked. "The reason I bring it up is that I'm aware that your own employers sometimes have similar ventures--different in purpose, but sometimes similar in implementation. I thought that, as a sort of professional courtesy, I would come to you to make sure that neither of our companies have any...conflicting interests." He slid the folder across. "That is just a vague overview of some of the organizations that we will be working with, for you to look at at your leisure. I'm sure you understand that I wish to avoid specifics if at all possible. If you discover any areas of overlap, then we can discuss specifics as necessary at a later date."

Gallows sat back and took a sip of his coffee. He hoped that he had not been too obscure with his speech, but it definitely hadn't used any Pentacle keywords that might tip people off. They were all business words, if a bit vague. At worst, they sounded like spies instead of like mages.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"Ahhmmmmm" Ariadne murmurs as Gallows explains what sounds like a Ladder Labyrinth. Of course it sounds far more focused upon the material aspects of this realm and less on the not so physical aspects. Every point of the Pentacle has a purpose though.

"It would be better if we did not have any conflicts of interest. Or interaction even really. I am not sure as to the extent your organization discloses but mine plays things pretty close to our chests."

Pulling the folder closer Ariadne opens it and gives it a quick look over. Looking for keywords. Namely religious groups and the local government. Was anyone else working inside of the Labyrinth? Time for some dead drops.

Quick glance through, does she see anything?

PRE

OOC

As Ariadne skims, Gallows will take a brief glance around to make sure that no one is in a position to look at the folder.

"Let me know if you have any questions, though I'm sure you'll understand if I prefer not to go into too many details." He took another sip of his coffee, finishing off the cup. He did not go to get another one--the last thing he needed was to be hopped up on caffeine. He was resisting the urge to ask questions about the Cryptopoly. After all, he had been the one to initiate this encounter and offer the information. It would just have to be seen as a sign of trust and cooperation. "And while my organization is probably not as secretive as yours, I would appreciate it if you kept this information confidential. I only share it as a professional courtesy, to avoid any future complications."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"Hmm there might be some overlap with the banks. Though we can work things out if it comes to it." Giving the documents one more brief look over, Ariadne slides the folder back to Gallows. She glances at the cup of coffee and holds back the urge to get one for herself.

"No need to worry about me blabbing everywhere. My people will only be told if a conflict occurs that we can't work out amongst ourselves. O, is this limited to yourself or is your entire organization going to be working within it?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread