Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
It May Not Be the Louvre...(Private)

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Having calmed down his nerves a bit, Aenigma offered her a smile. "No, it isn't necessary. Its nice out here, that's why I picked the place," he said to the redheaded Thearch. "Sure, I'll look over their wine list and see what they've got." And with those words, the Warlock picked up the smaller menu containing the list of wine bottles being offered. However, he continued to listen to Lux as he looked over their options.

"Well, not everyone can be an artist, right?" he said in response to her words. "We all have our strong suits. But if you are into architecture and that sort of thing, you should speak with Toren." With those words, Aenigma put the wine list down, already having made a decision on what to order. "I'm not sure if you've met him, but we are in the same book club," stated the Mystagogue, clearly implying that Toren was a member of the Alae Draconis as well.

As the waitress stopped by to check on them, he ordered a bottle of Emeritus Pinot Noir, and is complimented on his good choice by her. The Warlock then turns back to face Lux with a smile, feeling a little more confident than before. "That should be a good choice to go along with dinner," he said to her in reference to the bottle of wine he had order. "And shouldn't be too hard on your taste buds either. After all, they do say wine is an acquired taste."

Lux

PRE

"Well, anything alcoholic is, aside from some mixers. The infamous long island ice tea is every bit as deceiving as they say," she joked, smiling lightly. "And I've met Toren, actually. We had a nice argument about the purpose of buildings, and after a few more run-ins we worked out a deal for some tutoring in our Second Language. I haven't really seen him sense, but things have been hectic," she finished with a shrug before glancing down at the menu. "Hmm, let's see...I think I'll spring for the Salmon," she mumbled.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma chuckled at her comment, nodding in agreement. "I guess you do have a good point there," he said to Lux, regaining some of his composure by this point. "Long Island Ice Teas are most definitely deceiving..." he let his words trail off as he took another sip of water.

"So you have met? That's great! I really need to speak to him some more, considering we are not only in the same book club," said the Warlock as he realized her barely knew his new cabalmate. "But we are also, umm...roomates?" He hoped that the Thearch would pick up on what he meant, but it wasn't necessarily that important either way. "Next time I run into him, I'll bug him about the lessons," said Aenigma, offering her a smile. "He may have forgotten all about them."

With those words, he looked over the menu for a moment, trying to decide on what he should order. "I think I'm gonna go with the steak," said the Warlock, looking up from the menu to meet Lux's eyes. "Would you care for an appetizer?"

Lux

PRE

"No, I think that'll be enough food for me but if something's caught your eye go ahead," she replied with a light shrug. "Oh, and I've been wanting to ask you. How familiar are you with philosophy? One of my cabal-mates really piqued my interest with it a while ago and I have to say that it's very interesting to consider when partnered with, well, people like Us."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

"Ohh, that's alright. I think the steak will be good enough for me as well," said Aenigma as he put the menu down. When she mentioned one of her cabal mates, the Warlock couldn't help but wince just slightly. Maybe it had to do with the whole "Censor-in-training" thing, or maybe he was just paranoid by nature. "Philosophy, huh?" he asked, casting a quick glance around the patio.

"Well, I took some courses back during my undergrad years," he finally said after taking a sip of water. "It was required by my school's curriculum. An interesting subject to say the least, especially for...umm, enlightened individuals such as ourselves." Aenigma offered her a smile as he said this, hoping that their conversation wouldn't turn into an accidental Veil breach.

Rosetta would be SO pissed...and she is not even one of the ones I really need to worry about...

Lux

PRE

"Right. Just a second," the Thearch said, sensing Aenigma's hesitance to refer to the Awakened. Which was safest, and smartest, admittedly, but Lux had gotten so used to making veiled references she didn't really have to think about them anymore. Might as well use the tools at her disposal. She brought up the idea of a muffled sphere of sound surrounding them, which would give them a more private conversation. Right as Lux was finished actually constructing it, however, their waitress came back with the wine, and took their orders, but since the sleeper was inside the sphere there was nothing odd to notice.

Once they were alone again, Lux smiled briefly. "Alrighty, I've made it much harder for us to be heard. We can speak normally and not have to worry about being overheard, but shouting would still get someone's attention...What I was saying though was that I ran across this concept about the Tain of a mirror, which is the part of the mirror that actually reflects light and thus creates images. What I thought was interesting wasn't so much what the reading was using the Tain as an example for, but rather the idea of the Tain itself. Because under ordinary circumstances we can't truly see the Tain, just what it reflects, which makes the Tain unknowable. Which can make a powerful posit about the nature of the Soul, given how most of Us consider mirrors to be Symbols for the Soul itself. What do you think? Does it just sound like a silly musing?"

OOC

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

The Warlock's unseen senses tingled as Lux cast her spell, making him slightly worried at first due to the fact that they were in a public place with a lot of Sleepers around them. However, when he didn't see a Nimbus around her, his worries quickly faded away.

"Cool, I'll make sure to keep my voice down then," he said, offering the Thearch a smile. Aenigma listened closely to what she was saying, taking a sip of wine and savoring its subtle, yet enjoyable flavor. Once Lux was done speaking, he considered the idea she had just shared with him, holding the glass of wine in his hand. "Well, it is certainly an interesting concept, especially when you compare it to the nature of the soul," said the Mastigos, entertaining the thought. "I can see how one can compare the tain of a mirror to the Awakened soul. Our magic are the images, reflections of the Supernal that are casted upon the Fallen World when the Supernal light is reflected upon us."

It was certainly an interesting idea to say the least, and it piqued Aenigma's curiosity just talking about it. He offered the redheaded Thearch another smile before bringing the glass in his hand to his lips, taking another sip of wine.

Lux

PRE

Lux returned Aenigma's smile honestly, glad that he was willing to run with the idea. She put two fingers around the stem of her own glass and started carefully and subtly swirling the red liquid around while she talked.

"You catch on quick, I have to say. Definitely took me longer to see the depth of the metaphor. It's can also be pretty comprehensive though, when looking at states of the soul, depending on beliefs I suppose. The Supernal light reflects and interacts off of the gross world, thus creating Images, but it also reflects off of us. Thus I think you can say that if one of us uses the Supernal for nefarious acts, that will reflect off the Soul but won't actually change it. Or at least that's because I'm of the opinion that there is an element of the soul that never changes and is always just Soul, in it's purest unchanged form, whatever that may actually be, no matter how twisted someone's actions are. I'm not really well versed in Arcana that affect the soul, so that might create a different perspective," she explained with a light shrug.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma gave Lux a shy smile as a response to her first words. "Thank you," he said, the compliment being a much needed boost to his confidence that evening. The wine also helped. He listened attentively as the Thearch spoke about her own opinions on the soul, sipping from his glass a couple of times. Once she was done saying her piece, the Warlock finally piped up in return.

"Certainly," he said with a brief smile. "I think it is safe to say that there is a part of our soul that will always remain the same, regardless of what we do." Aenigma paused as he looked into her eyes for a quick moment. "However, our actions do have a way of twisting our soul from what I understand. I am by no means an expert, nor am I knowledgable in the Arcana that allow for such things as soul manipulation or the like..."

He let his words trail off as he reached for his wine glass, taking another sip of the bloody red liquid. "That being said, I do believe that if we use our Supernal gifts in ways that are overtly hubristic, our actions can certainly have a corrupting effect of sorts on our souls," said the Mystagogue, finishing up the point he had started to make.

Lux

PRE

OOC

"I can't disagree with that, you're right. The Supernal is like fire in that way. It can be used for many things, being neither good nor bad, but to those who wield it without wisdom, injury is imminent to both themselves and to those around them. But," she said suddenly, attempting a bright smile, "it's also what helps us forge a better world. How about a toast to that pursuit? Get us away from the gloomier side of the topic. Tonight's for enjoying, after all." She raised her own glass and then added after the toast, "Sorry for, uh, choosing such a bad topic."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread