Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
It May Not Be the Louvre...(Private)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

It was about 6:45 pm and Aenigma waited outside the restaurant, having made sure that he got there earlier to confirm everything was good to go with their reservation. The young Warlock couldn't help but pace a bit; after all, first dates are always nerve-wracking. Regardless of his nerves, he looked forward to spending some time with Lux. There was just something about the Thearch that made him smile and blush vehemently at the same time.

Ugh, I shouldn't have worn the tie. Its just too much...I'm way overdressed for this.

Aenigma

Lux

PRE

At roughly 6:53 Lux came striding up the sidewalk, looking surprisingly put together considering the last time Aenigma had seen her. She wore a knee length, black skirt and a blouse of deep purple with a hint of decolletage. Most importantly, though, she didn't look half dead from exhaustion. She smiled when she caught sight of him but didn't quicken her pace.

"It's good to see you! You look nice," she said in greeting once they were next to each other.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma smiled back as he saw the redheaded Obrimos heading in his direction, giving her a little wave as she approached. He couldn't help but blush a little at her compliment, a slightly shy smile on his face. "Thanks," he said to her. "I'm glad you could make it. You look great."

"I hope you didn't have any trouble finding the place." The Warlock smiled at Lux and then glanced at the entrance. "Would you prefer to seat indoors our out?" he asked as he looked back at the Obrimos.

Lux

PRE

"I thought the patio was what made you suggest the place?" she half teased, quirking an eyebrow before shrugging. "I'd prefer outside, but either is fine; and no I didn't have any trouble. There's a bus stop just down the street."

"How've you been, by the way? Get any more time off or has the museum still been keeping your hands full?"
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma blushed a little. "Yeah, you are right..." he chuckled. "The patio is really nice, so let's stick with the original plan." He offered her a smile.

"I've been good, just tracking a couple of things down for the museum," said the Mystagogue. "I do have some days off every now and then. How about you? Been able to get more sleep lately?"

With those doors, he reached out and open the door for her. "After you," said the Warlock.

Lux

PRE

"I've managed to strike some balance back into my schedule," she replied stepping inside the restaurant. She waited until they were seated before striking conversation back up again, having declined a drink until having looked at the menu.

"Things have been kind of rough, though. Don't worry, I won't go into anything about business, but I have really been looking forward to taking a night off with good company,"
    she said, once the wait staff had wandered off. "Oh, and let me know if there's ever a time you want our conversation to be a little less public. Not that there's anything wrong with more mundane topics."

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

"Glad to hear it," said Aenigma as they were lead to a table out in the patio. Once seated a waitress came by and handed each one a menu, leaving them to look over said menus at their leisure.

The Warlock nodded at her words, leaving the menu in front of him for now. "Yeah, I can imagine work getting pretty stressful from time to time," he said in response. "I'm glad you were able to take a night off though!" He offered her a charming smile.

However, he couldn't help but blush when she mentioned a more private conversation. At first he mistook her words for something else completely, but then realized she had meant a chat about more esoteric topics...which only made matters worse as his cheeks got rosier by the second.

"Umm, sure," he managed to say, offering an awkward smile as he tried to hide his embarrassment. "So, would you care for some wine?" asked Aenigma, reaching for the wine list.

Maybe a glass will help me calm down my nerves. Who am I kidding, I may need a whole bottle for that...

Patio

Lux

PRE

"Well, I generally prefer beer, but wine might be nice for a change. What do you have in mi...are you alright?" Lux asked, looking up from her menu to suddenly find Aenigma's cheeks flaming. "Maybe you should have some water," she offered, slightly pushing a glass his way.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Oh god...now she noticed too! This is just great...

Aenigma nodded at her question. "Yeah, I'm fine...maybe is just a bit hot out here," he said to her, trying to cover the whole thing up. "I think I'll just take off my coat." With those words, he proceeded to do just that.

The process was a bit of an awkward mess as he first tried to take it off while he was still sitting down, eventually giving up on that method and standing up from his chair to get the damn thing off. The Warlock then placed the coat on his chair and took back his seat.

"Sorry about that," he said to Lux, offering her an apologetic smile before taking a sip of the water she had pushed his way. "So, where were we? Wine...yes, or beer! Whichever you prefer is fine."

Does anyone want this shovel? I don't think I can dig this whole any deeper...

Lux

PRE

"Oh no, it's fine. We can always move inside if you'd like, but the atmosphere out here is nice," she offered still looking doubtful but gracefully moving on to another topic. "Why don't we go with a wine. I don't really have much experience with wine, though, so why don't you pick out the bottle? Besides, that'll give me time to admire the atmosphere while you read over the list. I've always really admired well laid out spaces and harmonized decor, but I've never really been able to duplicate that myself. I just don't have the ability to imagine what would work aesthetically in a given area. I lack the eye. Which is for the best really. I can't even imagine where I'd be now if I'd gone in for an art degree."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread