Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dinner, Discourse, Dancing

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Juno waited patiently for the arrival of Irea. She had made some reservations in a nice restaurant, as promised, and a quiet corner table had been secured for them.

The Manticoress was dressed in a nice outfit - dark purple colored button down shirt, black jeans and a jacket - and she actually felt relaxed for once as she waited for her guest. Her nostrils twitched as she caught the interesting scents of delicious food being prepared, though she knew it wasn't going to be on Mrs. Rosemary's level of quality.

As she watched for Irea, her tail curled in a manner reflecting her status as being content.

PRE

The Darkling arrived not long after the appointed time, dressed more casually in jeans, a blouse, and a light sweater. They were unremarkable in fit, and were simple earth tones in color, but her hands sparkled with an odd assortment of cheap rings. She slipped carefully between the tables and threaded her way back to Juno's table without consulting the wait staff.

"Ciao, Juno. How are you?" she said in greeting, sliding into the chair opposite the Manticoress. "You're looking well, if I may say so."

"And you as well, Irea. I've been looking forward to this evening; it isn't often that I'm able to have a chance to get out. But it's time to discover new interests. Spring is renewal, after all."

As she spoke, the Manticoress smiled, albeit a bit carefully. Nobody needed to see those very sharp teeth.

PRE

"Oh, please feel free to use Rea. No 'I's between those who've shared drinks before," the Darkling explained, returning the smile. "I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to something new, and tis a fit time for it. I knew that this would be a good trade when I saw what was offered at the auction. But what would you like to discuss first? I was thinking that mayhaps it would be a fair idea to start with the lessons, and if you are satisfied after a time we could move on to the tattoo. Either is fine, however," she finished with a shrug.

Juno looked thoughtful for a moment, then, "I'm curious about what sort of tattoo design would please you. What speaks to you. Art is a reflection of so many things, I have learned. Do you like colorful design work, or do you find that the subtle nature of greyscale suits you more?"

Pushing up a sleeve of her jacket, she held her arm over for Rea's scrutiny. The designs were very intricate and executed in shades of grey with black being used to better pick out the details.

PRE

Rea gazed at the tattoos for the space of a several breaths, admiring them with her head cocked to the side. "I tend to favor more subtle designs, as you do," she finally said, slipping one arm out of her sweater to briefly show Juno the black tribal-style tattoo on her right arm. "I was thinking of doing something a bit more bold this time, however. I like the idea of adding a bit of colour. I was wanting, if it isn't too much, a black peacock's feather tattooed down the back of my neck, with the eye-like spot having its usual colour."

"I like that idea. When would you be able to meet with me so I can work up some design concepts for it? The featherwork will make for an interesting challenge."

As she spoke, Juno's tail curled as a pleased reaction to the intriguing possibilities she had just been presented with.

PRE

"Oh, anytime. Perhaps even after the meal if tis convenient," she replied, pulling her sweater back on all the way. "I don't know if I mentioned it over the phone, but I'm looking for work currently, so my hours are largely my own. Another good reason why the lessons come at a good time. Things should be flexible for the beginning at least." She noticed the Manticoress' tail flex, and she smiled slightly. "But I am glad that the design idea seems good. I was worried it might be too much."

"Oh, I do not see this as a problem at all. In fact, art is like a living thing. One can work with it, but ultimately everything shapes itself on its own, and thus something truly unique to the individual is made real. That does sound somewhat....odd, I know, but I don't perceive of art as being something done, but rather, something that is. All forms of expression are but different approaches, I think. That is why I am interested in dance lessons; it's a new medium for me to discover."

"No, no, that makes perfect sense. In fact, that's a perfect outlook for approaching dance 'since every performance is temporary and final, and yet everlasting and continuous as part of a much larger piece. Ever step, every move, every bit of choreography fits into the One dance that is our lives...I've never thought of tattoos in the same way, though," she admitted, looking pensive. "I've always looked at them as being done, but I suppose you're right. The ink under the skin is like a piece of tapestry constantly being re-sewn into the pattern of our lives. A work of reflection, representation, and exposition in progress, almost?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread