Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1203) Charles and Chase

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

The neonate bowed his head despite himself in respectful dignity as he recovered from the tense fear that wrung his nerves like a wet towel. "Mister Charles Black," repeated Chase in an even tone, "It's a pleasure to address another cousin of the Prince's Domain. The evening finds me well enough, though I find myself occupied with a burning curiosity. It is perhaps fortunate I find you are of the First Estate. You are involved in the Invictus hierarchy then, correct?"

It was indeed fortunate, Chase considers. Their numbers must be far more than any other in the Domain. He should have investigated this sooner, though there had hardly been a chance for it. Still, it would be rude of him to plague this kindred with his questions without allowing him a chance to answer so he held his tongue for the moment, despite appearing anxious as he was.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles could not help but raise an eyebrow in interest. He wondered what interest would a member of the Ordo Darcul have in the Invcitus.

"In a way yes, I am still rather new to the domain, and I have still yet to meet all the Domain's kindred who pledge loyalty to the Estate. Why? Do you have a question about the First Estate?"

He asks out of curiosity, remaining pleasant and relaxed.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

"I do indeed, Mr. Black," admitted Chase, though looking away, as if uncertain suddenly. "You see it's somewhat embarrassing that although our Prince's Domain followed the standards and traditions of the Invictus I know little beyond the laws and tenants about the Invictus itself. I wonder, could you enlighten me to the nature of the Invictus hierarchy and philosophy. For example, this First Estate business, is it in reference to all members of the Invictus? And what of the titles that follow? Just last Court I fear I may have offended Reeve Greyson because I was ignorant of his station."

Of course the Reeve may have been in a sour mood already after having scolded another cousin of theirs just prior to Chase's meeting. And that particular kindred was perhaps less than humble in his mannerisms. Still, what if Chase had made such a mistake of protocol through his own ignorance. No, that just wouldn't do. It was even better that Charles was relatively new. He perhaps wouldn't judge Chase quite so harshly as one more established.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles raises a finger up to his lips in thought, the questions seemed rather harmless. However, he could only wonder if discussing this so openly might look poorly on him.

He then speaks. His tone reflecting a bit of excitement in the man's interest.

"All excellent questions Mister Ankers, It is good that you are willing to learn a little more about the ancient and honorable traditions upheld in His Majesty's domain. Shall we adjourn to some place more quiet so that I may explain properly? Also if you do not mind, I would like to invite someone along who can perhaps elaborate upon any details I have missed."

Charles's eye's dart to Daniella Sage who was still speaking with some other kindred. Charles could easily tell Chase what he wanted to know about the Invictus, with the exception of, perhaps some varying in tradition between his old and new home. However, his greater fear was revealing more than what the local Invictus was interested in letting on. He felt it would be safer for everyone, especially himself, if he defaulted to the Au Pair who's duty was to teach others of the Invictus traditions.

Chase looked somewhat uncomfortable at his mention of 'inviting someone' else, but held his composure. He had hoped the answers would have been simpler, and he disliked the feeling of his Beast being ganged up on, but it was only fair to allow the man his methods of explanation. Chase was at his mercy for asking to begin with.

"I do not mind at all, Mr. Black, who did you have in mind?" Chase followed Charles's gaze. In doing so he noticed Seneschal Donovan returning to the Court commons. Surely not her. No, it seemed as though his gaze fell on the Bailiff. Chase had met her briefly at the Court's prior session. He was relieved since he knew her to be quite approachable and accommodating in her mannerisms.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

"I was thinking of Madame Sage, If you would give me just a moment I will try to see I can get her."

Charles says a little distracted.

Charles steps away from Chase and heads toward the group sounding the Herald and Bailiff.

Chase looks helplessly after the Invictus member as he walked away towards the larger group. Was it a mistake to expose his ignorance in so simple a matter? The reason for his asking was to avoid embarrassment of a public affair. He folded his hands behind him attempting patience and calm to mask his distress. He considered for a moment that perhaps Mr. Black was not privy to all these things himself or at least did not fully understand their meaning, these ancient and honorable traditions. Perhaps an aid was necessary, or perhaps he was merely asking permission to disclose such things that Chase had assumed was public knowledge. So many unknown variables.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles returns with the Au Pair, His smile is wide, Cheerful and friendly.

"Mister Ankers, Have you met Madame Daniella Sage ? She is a Fellow member of the First Estate, and very knowledgeable about our covenant's costumes and etiquette. As well as the Bailiff of our fine domain. She will be helping me explain some of our code of Etiquette."

A lot of this felt very odd to Charles, Even after having been apart of an Invictus ruled domain before, The Invictus had never expected the Kindred of other Covenants to learn Invictus titles and terms, so long as they were respectful and their intentions good. Then again it could never hurt to have a 'right thinking' Member of the Ordo among them. Regardless, Charles had a feeling that Mister Ankers's True intentions, should he have ulterior motives, will soon come to light now that The Lovely right hand of the Herald was with him.

Chase smiled at their approach, thankful for the silent Beast and pleasant presence of Baliff Sage, and lowered his head in a polite bow of acknowledgment. "We have, Mr. Black, though briefly. Forgive me, good lady, if my queries have interrupted any conversation of yours. I'm merely pursuing a curiosity that I believe will benefit me greatly, though I do not wish to inconvenient you in its pursuit."

Though another motive existed in Chase's considerations, it was not at all hostile nor devious in nature. Gathering information is often an innocent practice, though what that information is put to later may be another matter. Yet how could one possibly make use of proper etiquette for nefarious purposes?

The patient Lord waited for the Bailiff's reply before going into further detail.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Her smile is friendly as she approaches, "Good evening Mr Ankers! It's nice to talk with you again, your performance at the last Court was wonderful!" she says with a nod of her head. "I am eager to hear about your curiosity and it is not an inconvenience, I am more than happy to help."
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread