Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Acknowledgement) In which Mr Blake Reese meets the Herald, the Bailiff and a Deputy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The Avalon. In the cellar vault, away from the press of dancing Mortals and bright lights of the nightclub it is quieter.

Only the sound of a single voice can be heard speaking.

Here the lights are low. The atmosphere is one of calm. Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the scent of lavender fills the air.

Tiny Martha, Daniella (@Tiffany) and Dillon (@Wolven Pryde ) sit on a fine leather sofa in the stark Common area of the Court...thus allowing them a fine field of view to cast a watchful gaze over to The Stairs and alternates her attentions to a copies of various large maps of Sacramento and printouts of PDF's stapled and piled neatly on a coffee table close to where they both sit.

The trio are clearly busy consulting various maps and paperwork.

Martha sits meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip shows her legs to mid calf...her ebony black hair is tied into long and neat twin tails. Each with the red ribbon bow. She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished Oxford pattern shoes thanks to her above the knee C-Leg. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. A satchel and a simple metal walking cane rest at her side and are propped against the couch.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

Authority. Obligation. The Beast recognised it's peer in the other man and pressed down on Blake's mind with a weight that would make Atlas flinch. You cannot help them, it shrieked, a wordless keening understood in the blood. You are weak, the responsibility will break you.

Blake flicks the doomsaying voice of his Beast away with a twitch of his fingers, likewise banishing more mundane fears and tension away from his mind as well, cast aside with the ease of someone that had spent years teaching young minds who were unwilling to be taught. Tonight and every night from here on out might be more difficult, but he had faced it all before. It was only a matter of scale.

As he approaches the small group in the underground, he twitches his wristwatch, tweaking how it sets on his wrist slightly. He was dressed simply, kakhi pants and a long-sleeved dark green dress shirt. He stops just far enough from the group that he can't be accused of spying on whatever it is they're doing before speaking up. "Excuse me? I was looking to introduce myself to someone in charge, could any of you point me in the right direction?"
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniellas Beast noticed Blake before she did, and it snarled a warning at the other. She lifts her eyes, seeing the source of her Beasts displeasure, takes a second to shove it back, and smiles, “Good evening! You have certainly come to the right place; Avalon is one of the Elysia of the Domain.” She says as she stands to better greet the new face. Her dress for the evening was another one in a deep rose color, and she wore her hair up. “You have found yourself in the company of its Keeper,” and she will gesture and look to Martha, “Mistress Keeper Herald Villiers. As well as one of the Domains fine Deputies,” again, gesturing and looking at Dillon, “Deputy Connery.” Turning her attention back to Blake, “I am Madam Au Pair, Daniella Sage, Bailiff of Sacramento. How may we be of assistance this evening?” she asks, her tone friendly, her accent British.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

As it is always denied a reaction from the two lovely Shadows at its side,* Dillon's Beast is particularly eager in its threatening snarls, pressing against his back and snapping with three hellish maws from over his shoulder and head. Mentally, the Gangrel Deputy shrugs it back. He doesn't even bother to form the words get off me to the devil dog within his psyche. For it requires the firm touch of a master, not a friend.

Dillon's only visible reaction to the Beast's raised hackles is sort of a pensive frown, before looking up at the individual past his eyebrows.

He remains still, with a short stack of papers frozen in mid-shuffle inches over the table, while Daniella speaks. As he is introduced, Dillon's features slide to a more natural expression. For him, that means a friendly smirk. His features are fairly expressive, and by default seem to say be at ease without having to utter a word.

A simple, but respectful nod is offered while he observes.

Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha cast a look over to Reese and struggled only for a few moments to wrestle her Beast into control.

A small frown was visible all the same and she coincided this with a furtive rub of her crippled thigh as Daniella took the lead.

Once settled, her hand played still at her lame hip as she smiled to Dillon then watched Blake over the rims of her spectacles. Taking advantage of Daniella's distraction of Blake to briefly study the calves of the Bailiff and then successfully examine Blake's Aura.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-01 14:26:00 Martha Villiers rolls 5 to Aura test Blake (Int+Ausp+Emp - Resistance - 1 for hues = 5) (10 Again) 10, 4, 7, 9, 10, 6, 8 4 successes
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Beneath the Keeper's gaze Orange clashes with Light Blue as a tide of Violet slowly receeds, leaving the faint flashes of Gold to flicker throughout the aura.

"Excelent," Blake says with a quiet smile. He gives the trio a small bow of respect as they are introduced. "Blake Reese, heir of the Blood of the Lords and student of the Testament of Longinus, lately of Los Angeles, at your service. As I said, I wanted to introduce myself and inquire about acknowledgement as well as information about those I would need to introduce myself to before securing a haven within your fine city." He directs his response to Bailiff Sage since she is the only one of the three to speak.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella listens as Blake introduces himself, “Pleased to meet you Mr Reese, welcome to Sacramento! I would like to make you aware that this is an Invictus Domain, and as such we place high value on etiquette and good manners, especially while at Court and within the various Elysia.” She will gesture for him to have a seat if he wished. “You have certainly come to the right place to seek Acknowledgement. As Bailiff, I am authorized to go over the Laws of the Domain, and we,” and she gestures delicately to Martha and Dillon, “can answer any questions you may have. The Herald can also provide the proper Acknowledgement as well. I hope you come in peace and will be making Sacramento your home. Are there any immediate questions we can answer for you?" she asks.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

"That is good news then," Blake says with an eager smile. "I have no intention of causing a problem for the city and it's people and would appreciate knowing the laws and how to communicate with my Clan and Covenant superiors." He spares a quick sidelong glance at the Herald's outfit before continuing "I have however, never resided in an Invictus Domain, so I would appreciate some instruction of what is expected of me when it comes to ettiquite and manners."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon watches Martha... doing the Aura-thing, he supposes. Which strikes him odd, her doing it without warning, but whatever. Smiling cheerfully, the Gangrel Deputy chimes in. "Well, I can take you right to the Bishop, if you wish, Mister Reese. I'm also a Deacon of the Lancea et Sanctum in this Domain.

"And your Priscus is Madam Seneschal Ariana Donovan. I could take you right to her, too, but I'm not sure that she's in her office, at present."
    Making sure he isn't trampling Daniella or Martha's intent with a quiet pause, Dillon continues. "What brings you to Sacramento? Pilgrimage? Seeking Anointment?" The tone of his voice is never invasive, or unfriendly, but it isn't apologetic, either. He is doing his job.

Jobs.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Blake nods gratefully at Dillon's offer. "I would appreciate the introduction to the Bishop, Deacon Connery, thank you. I'm sure that the Seneschal is very busy, if she is unavaliable, I can make arrangements for a meeting with her later at her convinence. I would hate to inturrupt her just to introduce myself." Unspoken is the desire to have hunted a little before meeting with his head of family.

Dificulties in adjusting brought me here, Deputy. I spent a long time living in LA, my memories of the city and it's inhabitants were making accepting my nature as one of the Damned more... difficult than it needed to be." He says it with a small bow of his head, not going into further detail. It was, he felt, more a Covenant matter than a Domain one. "Regardless, my understanding of my own nature is incomplete. I wish to study my Testament, fortify my faith and help the Domain and it's people in any way I can while I reside here."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread