Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*A few nights had passed since Ciara offered to have the Herald over for a little get-together and discuss fashion. After checking with Martha( Chrisie ) to see what sizes the petite Mekhet wore, Ciara had been busy assembling a wide variety of styles and vintages of clothing. She didn't want to change Martha's usual outfit; the school girl look worked well for her and had a certain charm. But Ciara couldn't shake the feeling that the city's Herald could do with a little variety, especially when it came to official Court functions.

She had sent a taxi to pick up the Herald from the Avalon for the meeting, not wishing to force Martha to have to bike to her office. The tall Ventrue busied herself in the meanwhile with organizing the collection of outfits she had chosen for the evening. She was pretty sure she had the past sixty years well covered, with most of the clothes coming from the past decade. They were mostly conservative, but a few more revealing evening dresses and outfits had been added in, just in case the Herald wished to deviate a little from her more academic attire.

And Ciara might have added one or two outfits that were far more revealing. By accident, of course...

Once everything was in place and Ciara had shooed the last of her mortal employee's out of the building, there is little the Lordess could do but wait...*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Martha Villiers

PRE

While it has to be said that Martha was grateful for Ciara's efforts in arranging the taxi to help her arrive at the right place at the right time; she was even more grateful to get out of the taxi. With white knuckled hands hidden by black cotton gloves, she carefully handed over the money for the fare. A tremble of a thank you to the driver.

Grabbing her satchel, cane and the package she had brought along with her, tiny Martha hobbled hurried as she dare to rendezvous with Ciara.

Martha is again attired in her standard and modest English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears the usual long gymslip which shows her legs to mid calf...blond hair is tied into neat twin tails, each with the red ribbon bows.

Her C-leg is put to use too. Martha's outfit is rounded out with a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished Oxford pattern shoes, a crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly under her gymslip.

Having added extra lavender scent and used extra lavender soap and minty toothpaste and a dab of lipstick, she felt a little better about meeting Ciara. She wanted to make a good impression.

Approaching the door, she paused. Unsure what to expect and whether she'd be adequate company of Ciara, Martha caught her faux breath and knocked politely on the door to see if Ciara was in.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*As Martha makes her way towards the single story brick building, it becomes apparent it started life as a small warehouse. Whatever it had become since Ciara got a hold of it remained hidden behind a large front door for the moment. As she knocks on the door, it's only a few moments hesitation before the Ciara opens it, a welcoming smile on her face.* Good evening, Miss Villiers; do come in...

*She says softly, stepping to the side to allow the Herald to enter. Once she steps inside, Martha will find the warehouse was left much the way it started life. An open ceiling reveals triangular steel trusses holding up a roof studded with skylights. The floors are the original hardwood; the various scratches and gouges sanded down just enough to keep the characteristic distressed look while making sure no dangerous divots or splinters remained. The rest of the open space was devoted to an open concept office.

Directly in front of the door was a large receptionist's desk, currently unstaffed. To the right is a lounge area with various couches and chairs; to the left is a quartet of work stations. The only part of the office that was framed is was a large area in the rear, whose white walls stood in contrast to the darker colors of the rest of the warehouse. The walls reach ceiling to floor, with a large hardwood door providing access to Ciara's personal office. Large windows looked out over the open concept work area, but dark curtains were currently drawn over them, hiding whatever was inside the Ventrue's private space.

As Martha steps inside, Ciara closes the door and secures it; the thin Ventrue nodding softly to her fellow Kindred.* Thank you for coming; I trust there were no difficulties on your way over? *Her tone is polite and conversational; but Martha may pick out the gentler flow of her words, and slightly more relaxes posture of the thin Lordess.

Ciara had dressed casually for the evening in blue jeans and an off-the-shoulder over-sized t-shirt. Her hair was pulled up into a loose ponytail; Ciara had even forgone from her usual heels for a pair of simple slip-ons.*

Ciara's Outfit
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Thank you!" she chirps as she limps to enter. Martha smiled and dipped a curtsy to the lady of this Domain. She was visibly impressed by the simplicity of the interior design and the matching simplicity of Ciara's attire.

Very...modern! she mused as she studied Ciara's legs and shoes. "I had no trouble to report en route, thank you for asking, ma'am. I thank you also for sending the taxi-ometer cabriolet for me! Most useful!" she smiles. she is grateful, if perturbed.

"I find your suite of office space most splendid and modern! So well lit, so comfortable! I imagine it would offer a fine view in daylight."
    she offers sweetly as she glances over to inspect the curtain drapes and then the type and nature of the quartet of computers close by, glancing up to establish where she can spy any fire detection and suppression systems. Another smile as she silently opens up conversation.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara returns the curtsy with a soft bow, taking no notice of the Herald's now familiar limp. Instead, she heads a little farther into the office; raising a curious eyebrow at Martha's usage of a French name for the cab. There was something in the Keeper's voice Ciara could not quite place, perhaps Martha had an unpleasant experience with an American driver.* My pleasure, Herald Villiers. My only regret is I could not find a proper Hackney for the job; but they're a little thin on the ground here in America.

*She nods her thinks as Martha compliments the office, a small smirk of pride perking up the thin Ventrue's lips.* Thank you, I was rather happy with the redesign; though I'm afraid I cannot take credit for it. My passions for design fall onto a much more... personal level. *Ciara says softly. She was slightly concerned as the tiny Mekhet looks around the office intently.

She knew Martha was inquisitive, and thorough; but Ciara couldn't shake the feeling that the Herald would have made a wonderful Charlie Croker in another life...

I'm afraid I wouldn't know; I don't spend a much time here during the day.. *She says with a soft chuckle.* But I do not believe we are here to discuss architectural design. I've brought a selection of outfits for you to sample; shall we retire to my office? I hope you won't mind if I ask you a few questions about the Domain while we do so? *Ciara motions towards her office with a pale arm, waiting to see if Martha had any other questions about the office itself before they moved to the inclosed room at the end of the warehouse.*

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a happy and innocent smile, Martha nods. Her twin tails bob with glee as she hefts the package she carries to under an arm, clutching her cane with the same hand, she timidly limps over to accept Ciara's offered help. Taking great care, tiny Martha tries to walk with grace and skill.

"Oh!" she coos at the invite to examine the clothes, "That sounds simply splendid, ma'am! Please do lead on! I am only too happy to answer the questions as I am able to! Pray tell: what questions did you have?"

Smiling, she sneaks another look to Ciara's footwear and begins to concentrate on walking and listening to the queries.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara blinks as Martha takes her out-stretched arm. It wasn't her intention to suggest the thin Mekhet needed assistance, but she wasn't about to make the motion awkward by refusing to help her guest. Instead, she draws the arm in towards her side with a smile and places a thin hand on top of the Keepers. As they slowly make their way through the open-aired office, Ciara keeps the pace slow; as if she were enjoying a casual stroll through a garden with a friend.

She gives Martha time to examine where she will; wondering if, like she, the Herald remembered a time when places like this rattled with the sounds of men and animals man-handling cargo through brute force. When Ciara speaks, her tone makes it clear the tall Ventrue was quickly relaxing after the initial worry of welcoming the Keeper of Elysium.* To be honest, I have many questions and one request. And while I hate to fall to stereotypes, I am afraid I have a number of political questions for you. The Seneschal was kind enough to give me a primer on the events I have missed in my time away from the city; but I was hoping you might be able to give me a more in-depth picture of where the Domain sets at this time.

I'm rather interested to know the demographics of our newest arrivals, and if anyone has made a name, good or bad, for themselves of late. If I am to begin rebuilding myself in the city, I require fore-warning of any potential pitfalls along the way. And of course, should you have any questions of me, please feel free to ask...

*Ciara waits just a tick to before continuing, her voice turning ever so slightly playful as she speaks again.* And my request is you call me Ciara for tonight. I find the use of titles so... constraining... when I'm trying to enjoy myself. And that is how I view tonight: A chance to enjoy ourselves, away from the distractions and formalities of Court. Unless of course, you enjoy Titles of Esteem, Herald Villiers? *The tall Ventrue adds a slight emphasis to Martha's title, though the grin she gives her guest makes it clear it is all in good-natured fun.*

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha feels a little self conscious now, so close to such beauty. A bashful smile is offered to Ciara as she listens and tries to allow her C-Leg to swing and move as it wants to, rather than as she thinks it should.

The request about title prompts a giggle and distracts Martha from her mental cataloging of recent arrivals. "Oh...oh, I see, Miss! Well, Ciara..." she says with careful playfulness, "I can understand that...please, though I feel comfortable with the correct and proper Titles and Forms of Address, I am also happy and willing to comply...please, miss, feel free to call me Martha!"

"As to your question about the new arrivals, I would also urge you to speak with the newly appointed Harpy, Alice Brown! She and I are often to be found at the Ember nightclub. I wonder," and she pauses to make sure she uses the required given name, "Ciara, where and when do you wish me to start to report to you upon all you wish to know? So much has happened and I have no wish to bore you with repeating information you already know."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Very well, Martha. *Ciara answers with a soft chuckle to match Martha's. She was glad to see the thin Mekhet beginning to relax in her presence, and was eager to do anything to help put the Keeper at ease.

The tall Ventrue tenses for just a moment at the mention of the newest Harpy; if she were still alive it would have been accompanied by a sharp intake of air. Instead, Ciara does not miss a stride as the two walk; the Lordess taking perhaps an extra second to compose herself before speaking.* Yes... Harpy Brown.

While I would certainly trust her opinion on matters of who has done well and who has done poorly in the public spot light, I am also mindful that she is the Harpy. It is her job to point out the flaws in others as well as exalt those who have risen above. But, with her position comes power; and if someone has caught her eye, or her ire, there is a risk of her opinion being swayed in either an overly positive or negative manner.

*As they approach the large wooden door to her office, Ciara uses her free hand to operate the brushed chrome handle and gently push the door open. She then motions Martha in ahead of her.* And I have thought of asking the Seneschal the same question, she would certainly know most if not all of those who have recently come to the city. However, I am also mindful that, like myself, she is both a Ventrue and a member of the First Estate. Those two factors can color one's views of others, however unintended it may be. While I certainly doubt Regent Donovan suffers from any such discrepancies in judgement, it is still a possibility no matter how remote.

*Once the two Kindred step inside Ciara's office, Martha is greeted with a rather spartan decor. The inclosed room measures roughly 15 feet wide and 30 feet long, with large windows that would look out over the rest of the office if it were not for heavy blackout curtains that had been drawn over them for the night.

Close to the door sets a large L-shaped desk, filing cabinet, and printer stand. Obviously this was Ciara's work area, though tonight it was spotless and organized, without the usual stack of papers and folders the thin Ventrue often kept spread over her desk. At the other end of the office sets a large number of rolling clothes racks, each with a collection of matched outfits hanging from them from the past six decades as well as a large assortment of shoes in Martha's size. Though, there is a noticeable lack of anything from the Seventies. No one needed to relive the Seventies...

The three racks stand next to a tri-panel full length mirror and an over-sized chair, provided in case Martha needed to set while changing clothing. A large couch is located nearby for Ciara to set on while the two converse; the view from the couch to the chair and clothes blocked by a large dressing screen.*

However you, Martha, have always struck me as a neutral judge of character. And with the a-political nature of the Ordo in Sacramento, I do not have to worry about political bias coloring your views...

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled as she listened and, when the opportunity arose, she checked out the decor and space of the room she was led into. Examining again for exits and fire appliances. Her attention lights briefly on the clothes, lingers more on the array of shoes and then mirror before noting the couch and nodding meekly to Ciara. "What a splendid room this is!" she chirps happily and sincerely, "Thank you for those kind words, Ciara. I do try to judge fairly, if I must judge at all, I aim for a fair view. I wonder, then, about whom did you seek my opinion initially?" she asks, with a gentle and sweet smile. Trying to avoid using her cane and she keeps her package close to her chest too.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread