Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Herald) Office Hours (I) Open for Acknowledgements and sundries

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and with a dainty hand gently beckons Jared closer. "I see, sir! Well, you are welcome...do step closer and meet with us! Miss Keyes is new to the Domain too! Step forward and we may talk!"

A happy smile and Martha gently gestures to a chair near Catherine and seems to be inviting Jared to sit. "You say 'for a time'. Does this mean, sir, that you intend only temporary residence? Simply passing through?"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine nodded to the newcomer while pushing the sound of moving feathers from her ears. The serpent was swaying slightly at the scent of the challenge. She quieted it softly, but remained silent.

She turned to face the Deputy again, and her hand rose to her mouth and then outward, presenting her palm to the man. Thank you. She then returned her hand to her lap, and waited patiently. Her conversation hadn't happened in the time since the meeting, it can wait an hour or so.

She had the time to spare.

J
    Jester

Jared accepted the invitation to approach the three other Kindred. He noticed the nod from Catherine and returned one of his own. "Thank you for the welcome," Jared began. "When I say for a time, I mean that I expect to leave Sacramento eventually. Decades down the road. My Sire is in torpor back east, and when he awakens I shall be expected to rejoin him." Jared paused as he neared the couches, not wanting to infringe on their meeting.

"I apologize if I have interrupted anything...you look to have been already engaged." Once again the social world confounded him.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods in understand and smiles and waits for Jared to take his seat.

Noting he has seen all the paperwork Martha reassures, "Oh, think nothing of this, sir! Matters of the Domain the Deputy and I were working upon. Nothing that cannot wait a short while! Miss Keyes was here to talk of matters too. I daresay you might wish to become acquainted...though, I daresay you wish to petition for Acknowledgement, Mr Fierce. I can offer that to you, sir...as Herald it is my prerogative as allowed me by the powers of my Office. I have a small presentation I usually show to new arrivals who seek Acknowledgement." she smiles and plays with one of her twin tails as she talks now. Sneaking a glance to Catherine's legs and shoes a moment before looking fully to Jared and Catherine. With a sincere smile she adds, "After the presentation I usually invite questions and then, if all seems mutually satisfactory, I offer those present that opportunity to Swear an Oath of Fealty! Would you be content to join me in that action, sir? Miss Keyes, I am aware you have Sworn the Oath...and that is a good thing indeed! Already the Domain is brighter for your presence!" she gestures to the lady's lovely and eye catching attire, "though...you are welcome to stay and talk with the Deputy or join Mr Fierce and I in the Presentation...it shan't be a long matter, I am certain!" she smiles again, all chirpy and innocently upbeat in manner and watches happily to see what people decide.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

All Dillon really has time to do is nod a response to the newcomer, eager as he and Martha are to get the show on the road. That, and wrestle control over the Beast that suddenly senses the presence of another. A weaker one, that provokes urges of domination and cruelty, merely for the sake of monstrous satisfaction. Three voices issue a throaty growl in the back of the Gangrel's mind, feeling as though they were out beside each ear, and one over his head. For an instant, it's almost as though he can feel the hot breath of cinder and ash pushing past his shoulders; tousling his hair.

Down, boys.

Outwardly, Dillon shows no more than a slow blink, followed by one or two quicker ones. He smiles encouragingly at Miss Keyes' silent communication, before looking back and forth between Martha and Jared. "Why don't we all go?"

His tone is that of bright, friendly suggestion, amplified by the smile of encouragement that still lingered on his features. But truthfully, he is loathe to allow Martha to wander off on her own with a man they all just met. And a Kindred, no less... He'd warned Martha of the potential danger that performing Acknowledgements presented, and given the amount of unruly passer-throughs they had, perhaps she'd just forgotten that his hearing isn't as good as hers. He might not know about trouble from the fellow a meeting room away until it was too late.

"I mean, I've almost got it memorized by now, but that's certainly not a bad thing." It's no joke, even if is politely delivered as one. Dillon has watched Martha perform many Acknowledgements, and had paid careful attention to every one of them.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

J
    Jester

"Yes, I would like to petition for Acknowledgement," Jared answered Martha. "Your presentation sounds intriguing. And I am perfectly willing to swear this Oath of Fealty." It all sounded very medieval. The Prince of this Domain was a traditionalist then, modelling his sphere of influence after the old European feudal system. That would put Jared at the bottom of the food chain, but that was to be entirely expected.

"Well, lets begin the presentation! Unless you have more pressing business to attend to. I can wait if need be."

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine blinked, “I have no qualms in seeing it again, it shall be yet another experience.” She said quietly. “Although, if Mr. Fierce does not wish me present, I would not want to impose. Such oaths are meant to be public.”

J
    Jester

"By all means, Miss Keyes, if you wish to come along you are welcome," Jared said, not wanting to alienate Catherine. "And please, all this 'Mr. Fierce' makes me feel old. Please, call me Jared. Unless there is some social convention here that dictates calling people by their last name?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and nods happily. Her twin tails bob at this. "Splendid!" she chips, in general delight. "Rather than spend time gathering up our maps and charts and paperwork, I shall be but a moment in bringing the presentation chart out here for you all to see!" a happy smile. "Mr Fierce...this..." she begins with a happy and friendly tone, one of gentle instruction rather than cruel rebuke, "is an Invictus Domain. In the Elysia and Courts we usually adopt a more formal manner of address. The correct forms of titles, office and the like are usually appropriate. If you and Miss Keyes elect to make use of less formal forms of address between yourselves, all is well and good, but it is not the usual practice, at least within Court, and it would be a good habit to adopt to become familiar with the Invictus codes and protocols! I have seen Kindred laid very low for failure to comprehend and abide by good practice! I should hate for your Requiem to take a nasty and unfortunate turn when such a thing could so easily be avoided!" a happy smile. Hoping her good natured advice is well met. "Now, if you shall please excuse me, I have a Flip Chart to manipulate into position! Please spend the time I am away to become better acquainted with each other!" she chuckles, smiling to Dillon, Catherine and Jared cheerfully as she readies herself with her cane before limping off to bring the Flip Chart outside.

Catherine Keyes

PRE

“If it matters, using one’s surname for address is a personal preference of mine. Familiarities can come at a later date.” She said with a small smile before reaching into the folds of her skirt and withdrawing a silver chain.

“Deputy, I was wondering if perhaps you could aid me.” She held up the chain, “The clasp broke and I do not have the skill to attach this ring as a closure.”

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread