Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Continuing the Search

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Jag Bigpaw

With a quick walk, Aenigma and Miach find themselves at the second occult store. Like the last, it doesn't look exactly like an occult store, although it doesn't look like an antique shop either.

The occult store on L Street is medium sized, with large windows in the front. Red, gauzy curtains hang at the windows, blocking the view into the shop. Delicate windchimes hanging under the awning ring with bell-like tones in the breeze. The door is aged oak and stained dark. Gold lettering on door announce it to be Enchanting Supplies.

Miach

PRE

Standing in front of "Enchanting Supplies", Miach turned toward Aenigma, and whispered

We play it exactly like last time, right ?

He waited a little bit for the warlock's reply, and refrained from cursing they couldn't see inside. The Acanthus didn't feel well, weighed down with the weight of the other books in his bag, and wished he could keep out. But there was no way to escape his duty, and so he pushed the door open after a last sigh.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

As he sees the curtains blocking the view inside, Aenigma can't help but frown. Scrying into the store could've been useful, but without a good view of the place it really isn't worth the trouble right now. He nods in response to Miach's question and whispers back, "yes. But let me try something before we go inside."

With those words, the Warlock closes his eyes for a brief moment as he envisions the Imago of the spell he is about to cast. When he opens his eyes again, he turns his attention to Miach's bag that is holding the other two books. Aenigma taps into his connection to the Supernal as he casts a spell to help him analyze the Fate threads around him.

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-23 09:26:45 Aenigma rolls 4 to Gnosis + Fate to cast "Interconnections" (10 Again) 3, 2, 2, 8 1 success

Spending 2 Mana, 1 for non-affinity Arcanum and 1 for not having the spell as a Rote

ST

Miach

PRE

The Acanthus was about to enter the store when Aenigma stopped him. Looking at the Warlock, he recognized the concentration for what it was, and waited.

Sure.

He was not used to using magic outside of his main field of interest, Life and medicine, and as so felt rather foolish. He had options galore, if only he would think about them.

On Mana cost

ooc

Aenigma doesn't see any magical connection between the bag with the books and the store.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

OOC

Not seeing any threads between Miach's bag and the store, Aenigma frowns slightly. "I don't think the book we are looking for is here," says the Warlock, glancing back at the store. "We can still go in and take a look, but I'm not sure that our search here would prove fruitful." He turns back to the Acanthus, wondering whether the Acanthus has any ideas.

Hmm, perhaps I could use the books we already found to scry on the last one? I can't do that out here in the open like this though...

Miach

PRE

Listening to the Warlock's opinion, and trying to keep in mind the clever use of Magic he had just seen, Miach thought for a moment about their options.

I.. could look forward in Time, and see what we would find ? Like Menwel taught me... but that image could be foiled, too...

It didn't take him long to reach a conclusion, though, and he answered Aenigma with a shrug, putting his hand on the doorknob.
    We have options, but you know what ? the simplest of them is pushing that door, and checking. Right ?

The Enchanter raised both in eyebrows in an unasked question mark.
    Quickly, please. I'd rather it be over soon. I feel so much worse than in an operation room.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nods and just gives him a smile. "You know what, we may as well look just in case," says the Warlock. "It shouldn't take us too long." With those words, he gets ready to follow the Acanthus inside. After all, you know never know what you may find.

ST

Miach

PRE

Agreed.

Opening the door with his right hand, Miach entered the "Enchanting Supplies" store, and did nearly exactly like in "Ancient Ways", nodding "hello" to the clerk before wandering between the shelves, and stopping at the book section for a much much closer look.

A woman smiled from behind a counter. "Welcome," she called in greeting, her voice friendly.

ooc

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread