Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Meeting with the Au Pair

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Nathanial listened attentively as Madame Sage listed the Seneschals many titles, mentally noting each. He also noticed the addition of 'Madame' preceding the title of Seneschal, and made sure to incorporate that next time he addressed the Lordess. Just through simple observation he was already beginning to deduce some measure of the etiquette expected, a fact which pleased the ego of both Scientist and Lord.

The Lord smiled as Madame Donovan spoke, and patiently awaited the reply of Madame Sage. He had a feeling that this would prove to be a most interesting evening.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

A gentle nog of her head, "I am well, thank you."

Her face will brighten at Arianas offer and suggestion, "It would be an honor to have you join us this evening! I had intended to use a meeting room, but your office would provide us with a more intimate setting, thank you." she says, gratitude can be heard in her voice.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Thank you Madam Bailiff Sage.” Turning and directing them to her office. “Shall we?” As she walked through the hall, her head turned side to side as they passed rooms with open doors and conference rooms. Ariana may not have been a Deputy nor a Reeve, but she still felt a responsibility to the Elysia and if necessary to alert for assistance.

“Please do come in and have a seat if you wish.” She gestured to the sofa and several chairs in the room in one area and grinned to Nathaniel. Turning to Daneilla she gave her a gentle nod. “You may begin whenever you wish.” She smiled with an air of reassurance to the Shadow.

"Thank you, Madame Seneschal Donovan" said the Lord, returning the grin as he moved over to one of the chairs she had gestured at. He sat upright, a contrast to the ungainly slouch of the Scientist, as he awaited the Instruction of the Au Pair.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella follows, her keen ears ever alert as they made their way to the office. Once inside, she will select one of the chairs as well, once seated, she gently crosses her ankles and tucks her feet off to the side. She looks to Nathaniel, "Before I begin, I would like to know what is your interest in the First Estate is. Do you seek to join, or are you simply curious about the ways of the First Estate?" she asks, eagerly waiting his answer. One could never be too careful when it came to new Kindred seeking information.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

"It is my desire to join the First Estate, Madame Bailiff Sage" Nathanial replied politely, unsure if he was expected to add anything else.

A
    Ariana Donovan

First meetings of people were difficult, especially if one was scrutinized. Ariana smiled softly to Nathaniel. He was hear to learn about the Covenant she held true that ran as deep as the blood that would flow in blushed veins.

There were many reasons Ariana wanted to attend this particular meeting. Luckily she happened to be in the Elysia. She sat with crossed legs, and picked up a small notepad on the table next to her. The journalist always seeped out here and there. She remained quiet for the time being while the two spoke, until she thought it was necessary to interject or if either spoke to her.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“That is wonderful, I am glad to hear!” She says, “If you don’t mind me asking, what draws you to the First Estate?” one could not help but be curious.

“Instruction of our protocols begins with etiquette and good manners. There is a right way and a wrong way to behave as a member of the First Estate, and we are very serious about that. Etiquette and manners are what help to distinguish us from other Kindred, Invictus from non Invictus. Though let me warn you, good manners alone will not gain you status, but never learning the correct conduct will mean you will never receive any rank or respect, no matter what you may achieve. This sets us a class apart from the others. While others view our manners and etiquette as over the top and may view us as being arrogant, but I can assure you, it is all about respect. When you bow to an elder, use his or her correct titles, properly dress for a meeting with them, you are showing that you know, and honor the Elders position and power. Not showing the proper respect shows your ignorance, and can follow you the rest of your Requiem. Those who show respect, get respect. Our etiquette and formalities help us to act human and protect our Humanity. When one no longer feels empathy, they risk losing themselves to the Beast that rages within. Our strict rules of conduct help us to create a mask we can use to hide the Beast. We are able to act with the proper and correct social graces, maintaining our power and honor even if our Beast is a mess inside.” She takes a moment, letting what she said sink in. “The Invictus are the oldest Covenant; we date back to Ancient Rome, to the time of the Camarilla. We are the Unconquered, and anything less would allow chaos to ensue, which would not only endanger us, but other Kindred as well.” It is clear from her tone she has a great deal of pride for the First Estate. “Before I go into more detail about etiquette, do you have any questions?” one could tell from her smile she was open to any questions he, or Ariana had.

Once more the voice of the Lord spoke, holding a predatory edge quite unlike the ponderous contempt of the Scientists drawl
    "My Requiem has largely been a solitary affair, Madame Bailiff Sage, and its pursuit has proven quite costly. My memories, my personality...my very self. It is if they were nothing more than water held betwixt cupped hands, and as I tighten my grip on each the less I may hold. As I understand it, the First Estate champions values which I once held close, and which I seek to regain. It is that which draws me towards the Unconquered."

And so he listened as the Au Pair spoke once more, her words serving to both expand his understanding, and further cement his cause. The ideals she presented; the values she expressed. They were the reason he found himself in this office at this time. He recalled his meeting with the Madame Seneschal, and he recalled her espouse the same concepts with the same passion.
    A small voice he knew well rose in objection to his choice, the drawl echoing in his mind. But it was silenced in an insant, drowned by the roar of the overwhelming majority. Too much had been lost to simply start anew, if he wished to move forward he needed to understand his own beginnings. And that was a path he had set down-upon ever since he had first approached the Seneschal seeking information on the local regime. Every word, nay, every syllable Madame Sage and Madame Donovan voiced gave momentum to his pace. And with that thought in mind the Lord answered in a polite, but introspective tone
    "I have no question at this time, Madame Bailiff Sage."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She listens to him, “It sounds like you have given this some thought, which I am glad to hear, making a decision to join is very important and not one to be taking lightly.”

“As I stated before, we begin with Etiquette. Not only do we bow to show respect, but we also use ones correct titles and honorifics. A member of the First Estate shows more respect and formality to a greater and higher ranking member. A member of good standing within the First Estate can expect to be greeted with Mister, Miss or Madame, with his or her surname. Madame and Lady are a form of address strictly reserved for a female member of the First Estate, something that will be good to keep in mind with such a large Domain. Every member of the First Estate has a title of Esteem, that would be the terms I just used, but the only way to gain a title of Tribute or Function is to earn it.”

“The tone of voice you use is an important part of our etiquette; never think your tone goes unnoticed. You may use all the correct titles, but of your tone of voice is disrespectful, it will cost you. I cannot stress the importance of showing proper respect. When using terms of address, a slip of the tongue and not using correct titles can cost you dearly. Do you have questions on etiquette, titles or anything I have just said?” she asks.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread