Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 39
DISPLAYED
Building on Aesthetics

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

"Ooo," voiced Toren with intrigue. A warrior woman? Visions crept into his mind of a battle clad version of Vae, but quickly dismissed the imagery as she continued. "A wearer or many hats, I see," he replied "It's probably better since you're more adaptable for each situation. I'm a bit more concentrated in my roles I suppose. I'm a builder, a craftsman, with a great familiarity of materials and their function. I've not been able to make use of these for anyone but myself just yet, but I hope to very soon."

He wasn't sure what she meant by his standing and hoped he had answered her correctly. Still, he was more curious about her and decided to present his own questions. "Have you had to make use of your warrior skills very much? Is that what you're being groomed for perhaps?" Her tutor, West, had been a Sentinel after all, it was quite likely he was training her as a replacement later on.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Have no Preferences.” she stated as a fact. “As for making use of my skills? I’m a hunter.” she said flashing her fellow mage a wolfish grin. “I still hunt, I still practice, and I still fight. It’s a regular part of my life, it is one of the things that accurately defines me and my purpose.

Vaeltia’s eyes seemed to shift back to the exhibit. “And who knows what I’m being ‘groomed’ for. I only know that I cannot stand idly by when there is something happening when I can act.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Toren's eyes widen at the emphasis, glad for the clarity of her words to dispel any misunderstanding. "Ah, I see. I can easily say I'm...well not anything like that. Not that I don't admire and respect its necessity at times, fighting and hunting and whatnot. I'm simply more for creation than destruction, tilling the fields instead of reaping the harvest." He hmm'd, rather liked that analogy.

"I'm definitely all about purpose though. Gotta stay goal-oriented, it makes me happy to hear it."

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

Just because I fight, that doesn’t mean that I revel in destruction.” she said taking a few steps and leading their conversation on to the next exhibit. “I am an artist, and I am one of the mighty, we specialize in creation, or at least that’s what Rosh showed me.

nimbus

"Ah, well, I didn't mean anything by it, just a base comparison, an analogy really. Fighting in itself is conflict, entropy, the breaking down of things to a simpler form I guess you could say." He follows along, his eyes playing over the exhibit before continuing. "Coun...I mean, Mr. Rosh? I remember him from the community meetings too. One of our, err...book club members, went to help him with some security matter I think. He seems to have everyone's best interests in mind, working with others outside their own orders." Despite the concealment of their conversation Toren tried to code his words as if they hadn't. Mostly because it seemed to him that Vae was doing the same. Probably best to keep it as a habit anyways.

"What sort of creationary activities are you known for?" he asked with interest.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

Existence is Conflict, without it nothing can be aptly defined. Without the defining duality of the universe, there would be nothing by which we could judge.” she stated. It was fact, and she presented it as such.

I’m pretty sure Rosh wasn’t Mysterium.” she said breaking out of the mage half code, and leaning her trust on the web of altered sound she had spun around the two of them. “As far as I remember he was a member of the Free Council. But I haven’t seen him around one way or another.

she sighed. “As for ‘creationary activities’,” Somehow the air quotes seemed to be voiced. “I am an artist, I draw and paint and partially sculpt, but I’m also have some handle on...how would you put it? Oh yeah, Magic.

nimbus

"Oh, I didn't mean to imply that he was Mysterium," replied Toren, following suit with Vae's sudden turn of phrase. "Only that he had been working with one for some security task. I can only imagine he's still at it, cause I haven't seen much of Miach either," referring to the Mystagogue in mind.

At her explanation of 'activities' he chuckled, "Ah yes, that. Well I don't blame you. Once you start it's hard to stop." Having taken in the exhibit he looks to her again. "Well as much as I'd like to continue chatting I think I might have obtained some inspiration for my next conceptual design. And I must get it on paper before the thought fades. All the same I'm quite glad we met, Vae. It's strange how fate works, just when you need something, before you even realize you need it, it falls into place."

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

I think I understand your drift.” she said loosing the sound spell from her pattern as she pulled her phone out of her pocket. “Oh, wow. I should be going to, I have a session tonight.” she looked up at the bald Moros.

Perhaps another time then?

end scene?

nimbus

"Yes, that would be nice. I'm sure fated crossings overlap more than once in their design. Until then I wish you safety and fortune." He waved his goodbye and trotted off down a hallway towards the exit. It was quite enlightening to see things from another Order's perspective, creation through conflict was the theme. He imagined this in term of structure and order, a pattern that could be reflected in a building's design. Toren would keep these thoughts resounding in his mind so he could commit them to paper when he got home.

Sounds good. Scene End.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread