Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Building on Aesthetics

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

The Fillard Goldman Museum, one of Sacramento's most prestigious acquirer of ancient fine arts and historical artifacts. Built over a hundred years ago by the Mysterium of early Sacramento, it had gone several renovations over the course of its service as both a public and private place of intellect and exposure of world knowledge. Toren, was unaware of the Mysterium's hand in its founding, but nonetheless was enthused about its brick and mortar. He had a bounce in his step as he walked the halls and galleries.

Being a part of the Order guaranteed him a generous discount so he frequented it often. Something about the place gave him a sense of immensity as if the building spoke to his subconscious. If only he could divine the meanings of the soundless whispers. He stopped before a particular painting of interest, a fading image of ink on a silk scroll. The description panel described it as a Tang Dynasty Chinese piece. There were also several framed photographs of the Mogao Cave murals. It wasn't exactly easy to make out the architecture of the buildings, but it gave his mind room for imagining.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia hadn’t been to the Fillard Goldman Museum since... well, since before she had gone to Chicago. Some had said that school could change you. Although she really didn’t believe that she had changed while at school there was nothing to say about the touch of the Aether inside of her.

She had been managing to juggle her constant schooling in both the mundane and magical as well as the chance times she managed to get a little work in. Perhaps West would prefer it if i started going a little abstract on his fence.... I still haven’t picked up those posts. The light-bringer paused for a moment and stared absently at one of the cases with incredibly breakable vases.

She pulled the Ivory Stetson off her head, exposing her short blond hair. She had earned it, but it still felt hollow. There was fire in her, there always was, and it showed itself at the most awkward time, like that entire thing in January in the Jungles of Panama. She shook her head an returned the hat to it’s better place.

The museum was larger than she remembered, and as she wandered she noticed a bald man looking closely at some photographs. "Gideon? I didn't expect to see you here." She said walking up behind, the person she assumed to be her friend.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Toren turned, broken by the approach of another and a voice, though it sounded unfamiliar. "Hmm?" he hmm'd inquisitively as he looked to the young lady behind him. "Beg your pardon?" he then asked though not unkindly. Though her voice he had not recognized, her face and figure he did, once he had a moment to search his memory. "Oh, I remember seeing you before. I'm very sorry, though, I believe I've forgotten your name," he scratched the side of his temple as if to try and pluck out the answer. He only remembered in the first place since she had been the subject of much interest at the last Consillium meeting he attended. Yet he didn't wish to mention anything that might unnerve the Sleepers within the Museum so he kept it at that.

"Are you looking for someone. Perhaps I can help?"

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

The man was not Gideon, he looked nothing like Gideon. How did I even manage that one?

What? Sorry, I thought you were someone else.” The Obrimos blushed slightly, in embarrassment. “I wasn’t exactly looking for anyone, just...wait, you’ve seen me before? Where?” she looked the man over.

nimbus

"At the...you know," he swiveled his hands around by the wrists looking for words, "At the last community meeting? They announced your apprenticeship to that one fellow." He was being rather vague, he knew, but hoped the message would come across. "You probably wouldn't remember me, I was just one face in a crowd of many." As if to illustrate his meaning further he opened up his sight, to give her a sense of his nimbus.
      Seizing the Threads
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-23 09:58:06 Toren rolls 7 to cast Dark Matter rote [Science+Matter] (10 Again) 3, 4, 8, 1, 8, 3, 8 3 successes

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

Ah....see that’s different.” she looked at the man with a bit of curiosity when he began to go through the sharp movements she didn’t particularly recognize. Almost on reaction she drew her own hand across her eye throwing the motions that pushed the Imago into reality just as quickly.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-23 12:53:09 Vaeltia rolls 9 to cast Supernal Vision (Rote) (10 Again) 8, 8, 8, 3, 7, 10, 6, 9, 2, 10, 7 6 successes

But, really? I guess I didn’t expect to meet another, we have been stretched far. Vaeltia.” she said extending her hand in greeting. “Or just Vae, if it’s easier than trying to pronounce my name.

nimbus

Toren accepted the handshake cordially. "Pleased to meet you, Vae." he said sincerely, his grip neither firm nor lax. "My name is Toren, two syllables, much easier to pronounce. And I cannot say whether we're so far stretched as that. The Museum attracts many with particular interests in the archaic."

Once he had redrawn his hand he looked back to the silk painting fleetingly. "I have a Mentor myself, actually, though he's not affiliated with our community per se. You're lucky to have someone on hand to be given guidance. How is, Mr. West, was it? I believe that was his name?" he asked uncertainly, hoping he was correct with his names.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

Yes, that does seem much simpler than a four syllable name that no one seems to have the patience to learn how to say. And stretched far in the sense of very little connections outside our own groups, particularly since I know you don’t exactly run in my circle.” she said with a light smile. “I would know.

At West’s name she nodded. “Yes, West, although I have the feeling that he wouldn’t be all to happy with the ‘mister’ part.” She laughed lightly. He doesn’t particularly like it when I call him sir.

nimbus

Toren wondered if he had offended the woman by not using her full name instead of the offered nickname. By all her mannerisms, it did not seem so, though her words might have implied such. "Oh!" he said in realization to her further explanations, "Yes, yes I suppose we wouldn't have reason to meet normally, but I consider all members of the Consillium part of the collective community. We're all neighbors within this city." To this he smiled auspiciously.

"But you say that West prefers the informal?" he asked curiously. "I've only really seen the man the one time, so I've hardly any idea about the man. Only that he used to be a Sentinel. I'm quite familiar with the other Sentinels though, Joshua Morris & Mike Tamwood. I suppose they're pretty informal too." Toren liked to be informal himself for that matter.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia’s eyes widened slightly at the use of certain words, and she instinctively scanned the room for sleepers within earshot range. There was no touch of magic sound-barrier, and this was still a public place. “Sure neighbors and all...

A slight twitch in her mind gave her something to think about. “So what exactly do you do?” she asked.

nimbus

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread