Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Konstantin waits in a wooded portion of the William Pond Recreational Area, along the American River. Until recently he'd been havening it here, and he knew that there was almost never any after-hours traffic here. He and Twist had arranged to meet here, and he hoped he'd given good enough directions for her to find the place. He is dressed in sturdy hiking boots, jeans, a black t-shirt and a black leather motorcycle jacket. He sits at a picnic table, sharpening his Bowie knife with a whetstone, while awaiting Twist's arrival.

Twist found the park without too much trouble, but actually finding Konstantin was another matter. She was a city girl and it took her a bit longer than she thought following his directions to eventually come across the picnic table.

"I wonder what she will wear this time," Konstantin thinks, but he immediately tries to shake that thought away. They were meeting for purposes other than him admiring her beauty, and he owed her a favor. Nonetheless, when he hears her approach, he looks up to watch.

She is dressed in skinny leg jeans tucked into heeled boots. Her shirt appears black in the dark of the night but when she passes through a patch of light it is revealed to be a deep blue. It looks like a standard tee shirt except that it is fitted to hug her body and the sleeves have a slightly belled shape. A necklace of large strung beads with matching earrings hangs where appropriate. Her hair hangs loose but as she approaches Konstantin he sees her move to pull it out of her face and tie it up.

Konstantin almost asks her to leave her hair as is, but stops himself, knowing he has no business suggesting how she wear her hair. Instead, he merely says "Welcome. I hope you are having good evening, Twist." After a moment, he asks, "Or should I call you Lady Twist, or Hound Twist, though no others are around? These titles, I get confused."

"Just Twist is fine right now, Konstantin- while I am quite proud of my titles, I agree they are burdonsome in general talk. I know you know who I am," she replies with a grin. "I am having a pleasant evening myself. And you? How goes your night?"

"Night goes well. I like this place. Quiet, in nature." He looks around "This city, is being good to me, but I have spent much time on road, among nature. This made me strong. I do not want to lose that."

Twist glances around, taking time to actually pay attention to where they were. "It is indeed very nice," Smiling, she turns back to him. "Neither do I."

"I have thought, to remind me of wild, perhaps learn to bond to the animals, have pet. Unfortunate that bears stand out so in city, but dogs are good."

Twist stiffles a smile at the thought of a pet bear. "Yes- I think a dog would be a better choice. Much less risk of a Breach. Maybe one of those larger dogs- the really big furry ones. They are not quite a bear, but not bad.

"Mastiff. Or wolfhound. Good animals, yes." Smiling and shaking his head, he says "But we should talk of you, not of me. You said you wish to hide your nature. Do you mean to not be seen, or to hide the beast? Or to make your blood appear as strong as the strongest around you? Or to be something else entirely?"

Twist nods in agreement with his listing of dogs, but it is clear she has no clue about dog breeds. A faintly relieved look flashes across her face when he moves on to the actual reason for meeting."The beast. It is not very good for the Hound to run away in terror from another Beast when she is supposed to be the one that they are afraid of. You can help me fix this problem?

"I can teach you to make your beast appear as strong as that of any you meet. It does not prevent you from reacting to theirs, but it makes sure none will mistake you as weak, no matter how strong their blood. To hide the Beast entirely, this I do not know, but you seem more type to stand proud and strong and let them fear your power."

A delighted smile crosses Twist's face as he explained what he could teach. "Oh, that would be perfect! I may need to find a way to hide my beast in the future, but I like what you say."And she did, he could nearly see her glow at his description of her 'type' "Sometimes it would be good to not be so easily revealed. But for now- your way to make my beast of...mirroring strength, is that what you mean?... it sounds exactly like what I want."

Konstantin nods. "Yes, mirroring strength. That is it, and I can teach you this. I should be able to teach it to you this night."

"Truly?" Amazement colors her voice, and she leans in close, eagerness radiating from her.

"Yes. For you to learn this, though, you will have to let your Beast out for a bit. So, good we are away from others, so they will not be hurt, and no breach."

Twist nods, accepting his words. It made sense. It worries her - it would be a bad day when releasing her beast did not worry her, though. "Agreed."

"As your Beast emerges, I will restrain you. When it first emerges, your Beast may fear, because my blood is stronger than yours. But if I restrain you, then your Beast will become angry, and this is good. It will feel stronger when angry, and you will be able to use that to make it appear stronger all the time. You will want to fight me. This is good. Do it. If you hurt me a bit, I will heal. This is necessary risk, to bring your Beast out full. But to be safe, we will put your knives away."He looks at her jewelry and says "You may want to take off your pretty things as well, so they do not get broken or lost."

As he explaines further, a concerned look draws across her face."Are you sure you wish to teach me this Konstantin? I do not want to hurt you." Unspoken is the rest of the sentence,"or kill you."

"Yes, I do," Konstantin says. It is good for you to have. It will help you do your job, and protect you from those who might be stupid and want to fight for no reason. Do not worry. I do not think you weak, but I have been hurt many, many times, and am still here." He points to the scars on his face. "I have fought werewolf, more than once, and am still here. I fought Nazis, many of them, with guns and fire. I am still here. I stepped on a mine, legs blown off. I was in torpor for a time, but am still here." He smiles. ."We Gangrel, we are hard to kill... too stubborn to die."

While she didn't look terribly mollified at his reassurance, Twist nonetheless begins to strip herself of her concealed weaponry. As he lists his experiences, a small smile chases away some of her concerned look. "Werewolf huh? I didn't know such a creature existed. I suppose that since you have survived one supernatural creature, I can trust you will survive another." It was clear from the way she hesitates at pulling a knife free of her boot that it was her last knife. She then quickly divests herself of her jewelry as well. Laughing at his last comment she straightens to look at him, the question clear in her eyes as to where she should place her items.

Konstantin takes her weapons and jewelry and says "Will be right back." [COLOR=white] He goes to a tall tree, climbs it as easily as some might climb a ladder, and comes back down a few moment later. "The beast is clever. Best it not know quite where to look. Big tree, would give you time to regain control should you escape me."

Twist half-smiles at Konstantin's words, both relieved that he is thinking ahead and concerned that he has to prepare for her to loose control so completely. "Okay- so...shall I just let go?" He can hear the hesitation in her voice.

Konstantin studies Twist's face. "It is good to be afraid of the Beast, to respect its power. But it is better to show it you are in control. I will help you learn that as well. Do you know how to ... how they say here, Ride the Wave?"

Twist swallows and mentally berates herself for letting show how nervous she is to let go. *Konstantin can handle himself. I don't have my knives. There is no one else here. You are learning something to make you better.* Taking a moment, she takes a breath and focuses back on Konstantin, looking more calm"I don't know the phrase, no."

"It is to let the Beast out in controlled way, rather than it burst out on own. This allows you to put it back in its cage when you wish." He points to an open area, a clearing with many large rocks. "Let us go over there."

She nods. "I like how that sounds." She glances to where he points and follows him to the clearing.

Konstantin stands about three feet away from her. "Try to forget that you know me, and are used to my stronger Beast. Pull your mind back, let the Beast step forward and react to me. I will guide you."

Twist nods and braces herself lightly against the ground, closes her eyes and lets herself feel Konstantin's Beast, and her own's Beast's reaction to him. She finds it hard to not automatically clamp down against the surge of the beast.

Konstantin talks to her almost as a coach might. "You are strong. Don't be afraid. Use your will to coax it out! Show it you are boss!" Twist hears Konstantin's encouragment and tries to draw strength from his voice. Finally, after long moments, Konstantin can see the bit of gleam in Twist's eye. "Good. Let it come." Having activated Vigor at the start of this, he was ready, and before her Beast could break free, he has her in a strong grasp. He knows it isn't going to be over that quickly, though.

Twist had tried so hard to get her beast to come out nice and slow. Hell, she was giving it a chance to come out and play, so you would think it would play nice. But nope, with an internal roar only she could hear, it charges, and in a second it is out and in control, and urging her to flee.

"Don't run away, small Beast. Show you can fight!" Konstantin shouts.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Konstantin lifts Twist off the ground and tosses her down, pinning her to the ground with both hands. "Fight! Fight your hardest!" Konstantin crouches over her, fangs bared, urging her Beast to go into survival mode, to fight tooth and nail.

The beast screams through Twist's muscles- ~RuN awAY! FlEE! He WiLl EaT us! RuN AwaY.~ It pushes and pulls and struggles against Konstantin's arms pinning her in place, terror washing through her and spurring her actions, but in the end it is for nothing and she is caught. In an instant, her back is slammed against the ground. She hadn't prepared to be hurt, none of her physical defenses are up, and it had been so long since since she had felt pain without the buffer of her disciplines. She doesn't like it. She doesn'tt like it one damn bit... and neither does her beast. Not...one...damn...bit! Snarling, she shifts gears, and her struggling to get away suddenly switches as a struggle to hurt Konstantin. Twist's anger washes away her terror, and she bucks against his hands pinning her down. ~FigHT. KiLl. He HURt us! DesTRoy him!~

As Twist kicks and claws to no avail, Konstantin attempts to roll her over onto her front and pin her face down... but lshe gets in one solid kick, forcing him to loosen his grasp. Growling as her foot connects with his rib, he grabs at her again and is able to successfully grasp her, pressing his full strength and weight down upon her. "Keep fighting, little Beast! You can't win, but do your best."

Twist struggles underneath Konstantin, snarling as she tries to free some part of her body enough to inflict damage on the beast above her. The horrid wretched beast that had hurt her. His words were a buzzing in her ear. She couldn't hear them. She didn't want to. She wanted to kill him.

"Good! Never give up! Fight!" Once again he attempts to turn her face downward, so as to get her under better control, and this time he succeeds. Despite being pinned, Twist shows she still has a lot of fight in her. ""Good, good, kick, struggle. Spit if you want!" Konstantin laughs, not making fun, but enjoying this physical exercise.

Finally, after long minutes of struggle, Twist's Beast recognizes it is defeated. "Don't let it go completely," Konstantin says. "Hold onto it a bit." Twist listens to his words and manages to take control, keeping the Beast present, but leashed.

"Good, good!" he says. "Hold that. I am going to give you just a single drop of my blood - not enough to bind you, just enough for you to taste as I shift my blood, to let you feel that." Letting her go with one hand, he bites down on one finger, then brings it to her mouth.

"Taste," he says. "Feel the blood change."

Twist tasted dirt in her mouth and could feel the rage swimming through her veins like fire, but she could think more clearly. Oh, she still wanted to hurt Konstantin, kill him, maim him, destroy him... She yanked hard against the Beast and though her rage didn't diminish, she could remember that she didn't truly want to destroy Konstantin. There was something he was teaching her.

"Taste" he says again, gently.

Twist blinks, struggling against her Beast's desire to tear into Konstantin's finger with her teeth. But she wins, and lifting her head from the ground, she did as he bid, licking the blood from his finger tip, tasting it. Twist focuses on the flavor, and as Konstantin draws on the power of his blood, she can taste the difference and feel her own blood respond.

"Now, use the Beast, let it go just a little.... to make your blood do the same thing!"

Twist focuses her own blood, lets the beast's rage flow... and suddenly she can feel something different flow through and from her. At the same time, atop her, completely in control, Konstantin feels something different as well... he feels his Beast respond to the sudden presence of one as strong as his own. Though he was ready for this, for just a moment his Beast prepares to strike, and his muscles tense, but just as quickly he lets it pass.

"You did it! Good!" He laughs with joy.

Twist blinks as suddenly Konstantin is no longer as scary to her. Realizing that she still has her fingers digging into his arm in an attempt to get purchase, to shove him off, she releases him with a soft "Oh."

After a few moments, Konstantin lifts himself off Twist and holds out a hand to help her up. As he gets up, she takes a moment to get her bearings back about her and test her Beast, which is still pacing but no longer snarling for his blood...just waiting. With a hesitant smile, she grasps at Konstantin's hand and pulls herself up next to him. "I did it!" Her exclamation isn't loud, and still carries hints of surprise that she wasn't fleeing or still clawing at his eyes. He is back to being Konstantin.

"Yes, you did. Now you know what to do. Remember, their blood will still seem more powerful to you, but they will react to you as if your blood, your beast is as strong as theirs." Twist nods, taking in what Konstantin was saying and memorizing it. "Now your Beast will appear as strong as the strongest of our kind present. You did it. You are good student."

Laughing, Twist suddenly wraps her arms around Konstantin, as much as she could given their size differences. "Thank you Konstantin! You are a wonderful teacher!

Konstantin smiles widely at that and returns the hug. "It helps to have good student."

Still beaming at her success in learning a new trick, Twist pulls away from him. "Good student, good teacher...I think we just make a good team."

"Good team," Konstantin repeats, nodding."I like that. And your Beast fought well, too."
    He cracks his knuckles and forces a bit of blood to flow through his veins, healing the claw marks and bruises Twist had inflicted during her struggle.

It wasn't really possible for her smile to get bigger but Twist straightened just ever so slightly at the compliment."Thank you."

Konstantin smiles. "You are welcome. Perhaps when ready, I can teach you other steps... to join with the soil, or with other things. I am teaching myself to do that with stone. Or, if very good student, perhaps some day the Claws."

She pauses thinking about the possibilities. "Perhaps someday indeed."

"I still owe favors, and in team, people share their strength."

Twist flashes him a smile that had a small dose of 'flirt' in it. "I can be a good student."

Konstantin nods, smiling. He catches the flirt, is wary of going there, but can't quite resist. "Yes, I am sure you can. I have many things to teach... and perhaps you can teach some as well."

"So many things, Konstantin. So many things indeed!"

Closed Thread