1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Experimental Setup

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    AethrDav

Glimpse: Planning the Experiment
    -1 Vitae for Blush of Life

Drake dressed himself appropriately for this establishment, having done a little searching online for some info on it to start with. If he was, indeed, going to make the first pass at his experiment tonight, he'd start as he'd planned with the outermost layer upon which interactions with the kine relied. His wardrobe. Drake had a little bit of money, and with a little bit of money and a little more attitude you could pull off outfits that might not otherwise pass muster. Dressed in a dark blue navy blazer, layered over a checkered shirt, with grey slacks and black leather loafers. Drake was also carrying his messenger bag, which carried it's usual pads of paper, pens, with the little odds and ends.

When he arrived, Drake went to the front desk and mentioned to the hostess that he was to meet Dr. @%1;, and asked to be directed to their reserved room.

Following the hostess, Drake scanned the room, trying to take in the people in the bar, gauging the size and mood of the crowd, and trying to spot any particularly obvious targets for a meal for the evening.

When he arrived, Drake ordered a drink, and pulled a pad from his bag to review his notes before Dr. Redfill arrived. He hoped that Dr. Redfill could listen to his idea for how he'd try and achieve his first Chrysalis, and provide him with some insight into how he could improve on his technique tonight.

C
    Conner Greyson

A man sits at a corner table breathing in the rustic smoke of his Gurkha Black Dragon Fire cigar. Conner thought for a moment about another Gurkha he knew once and wished him well where ever he was. Then the man remembered that he didn't believe in anything and just tipped his glass in Memory of one Jayant Nagaraj. Conner Greyson, Reeve of the Domain, Priscus of Shadows, Relaxed into the seat and let himself take in his suroundings, he felt the weak predator enter but did nothing to alert the other to his presence.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Before setting out Michael makes sure to get his suit and look in order.

I just hope that this guy isn't low on blood. I don't want him going all Wassail on me in the Prince's personal feeding grounds...

After arriving at the club he walks around for a while looking for the other Kindred. He finds Drake's Beast in one of the semi-separated rooms on the first floor waiting for him for some reason. The wolf inside him roars for a fight, trying to take control, to take advantage of his hunger. But Michael knows that the Coilis are always there to protect him. And even if he doesn't use them it's still a comfort when fighting with the animal inside. So he approaches Drake with a sincere, if a little strained, smile.

"Good evening, Mr. Drummond. Are we waiting for someone else? I have reserved one of the private rooms one the second floor for an hour for our conversation."

OOC

A
    AethrDav

OOC

"Dr. Redfill, thank you. No, I was just told I could wait here for you." He responded calmly, while his Beast inside raged in terror, trying to flee. He was expecting Redfill's arrival to set his Beast to flight, but as always Drake took pains to rein it in and control the fear. Drake motioned for Redfill to lead the way, beating the Beast into submission, distracting him from his surveillance of the crowd.

"I really appreciate you entertaining me on this. You're the only other....member of the faculty that I know, and I'd love to talk about my first project."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

OOC

"Ok, then we should go."

Michael leads Drake to the stairs and then to a small booth with two comfortable couches and a table. He closes the door, occupies one and motions to the other with his hand.

"This place is secure as it is used for business negotiations. We can speak freely. So, I assume you want to talk to me about the procedure you've chosen for learning your first Coil? I think it will be best, if you tell me about it and then I'll share my opinion with you." - he smiles at the other Dragon in encourangement. He was a Salve himself a couple years before and remembers well the discomfort of that position.

A
    AethrDav

OOC

Settling into the booth, Drake put his bag on the table between them, and pulled out his notebook. "Yes, actually. I have been doing as much research as I can, since I was allowed access to the Chapter House's Library. I've been through the Rites a couple times, and found a journal written by a Slave a handful of decades ago. I've been wracking my brain, trying to apply what I can read towards learning the Coil of the Soul."

Drake hands his notebook to Michael Redfill to look at. What he sees on the page is neat, meticulously labeled diagram planning out a logical flow through a social experiment. It described Drake's thought process, working from outside to in, experimenting with how each layer expresses the Beast, and how modulation changes reaction of kine. If he flips the page, he could see a narrative description describing a plan for utilizing minor adjustments in wardrobe, body language, and speech patterns in the first iterations of the experiment.

"See, I know that the Coil is an expression of the affects of the Curse on Kindred souls. Humanity, by which we used to measure our moral standing, now are our prey. Our food. As we fall to looking at them that way, and most of us cannot help but see them so, they can sense the subtle expressions of the Beast. The Coil of the Soul helps to muffle that. Almost like building ourselves a sheepskin coat to hide amongst the flock. I think this could help me prepare myself for my first Chrysalis."

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner takes a drag and an inhale from the cigar, enjoying the taste and the silk of the smoke going into his dead lungs.

A Carthian walked into a cigar bar.

A small smile on his face as he checked his overcoat, Jim Calloway entered, wearing a black suit with a light blue shirt that matched his eyes. Its collar was open, and while it was not the most expensive suit around, it was certainly well taken care of. The pants and jacket were pressed, creases starched into place, and his black leather shoes were polished to a shine. His eyes scanned the room carefully for Beasts, his rhinoceros snuffing about with its massive, horned snout for other predators to destroy. He felt none in the main room of the Lily. The Beast Within sphinxed the floor of its cage, watching, waiting.

However, he could not fail to notice a familiar, non-descript man sitting in the corner booth alone, smoking a cigar. Jim gave Conner Greyson a respectful nod that he had no idea if the Reeve would notice or return and headed over to the bar, careful to leave a healthy distance as he moved around the various smokers and drinkers in the place. He kept his calm -- a person lighting a cigarette wasn't going to hurt him. He wasn't a big fan of fire, obviously; but he had expected it, given what he had come for. Jim was not going to disturb the Reeve unless he was invited over; he knew better than to disturb a court officer who was out and about. It wasn't the Carthian's place.

He ordered a scotch and a CAO America Landmark, looking around idly to see what could be seen with a relaxed look on his face.

C
    Conner Greyson

If Conner notices the Gangrel he does not show it as he inhales the smoke from his cigar. He watches the room as a whole, showing no concern or care at the lit matches around the room. Or the amatures who light there cigars with chemical lighters...

After paying for his scotch and his cigar, James makes his way to a booth and takes a seat alone, relaxing. With a calming breath, he lights a match at arms' length and lights the America Landmark, inhaling slowly and savoring the flavour as it fills his mouth. The fact that the match was not up in his face helped with the small bit of fear that rose in his breast as the fire was lit. After a minute or two, he puffs again and his eyes closing for a few seconds. A good cigar was truly bliss..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.