Ended
Watch
61 - 69
DISPLAYED
Look What I Found (Open)

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Z
    Zoobaroo

Nora thought quietly for a moment about what Tobias and Clare were saying. Basically, they accepted help when it was offered. She nodded at Alec as he left and turned back to Clare. "What? Oh, no. Not right now. I mean, I don't know. I just kinda decided to stay for a while, you know? I've never stayed with other people like this. Well, not since... you know..." She kicked a can on the ground and looked at another pile. "You guys around here, though. You've been real nice. All kinds of people have offered to help me or something. It's weird. Well, I mean not weird, but... I dunno. Different.I guess I didn't think I needed any, you know?"

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias put down his project, and rested his chin on his hands, fixing a warm gaze on Nora. "If you had said that before, I'd have just said you were being naive. Probably wouldn't have said it to you," he said with a grin. "But I know first hand street life isn't easy. Now, well, we've all been through a lot. It weighs on you, just as much as the street. We gotta stick together. But if you tell me you don't need help? I say fine, you've been through enough to know your mettle. Truth is, you probably won't until you want to get out. That's the part that takes a little extra."

He paused, considering, and glanced over to Clare. "You know though, I didn't think of it as help at the time. If I had, I may not have taken it. But it was an opportunity, to chase down something better. So I took it. If that's something you want, come see me. I could use an extra hand around the store when I get it up and running. If not," he shrugged. "You can at least have a friend or two who knows what it's like. I can offer you that."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare nods, and flashes Nora a grin. "You've got pride. Not necessarily a bad thing, but careful with that. If you aren't open to accepting help, you might find that you passed up some amazing opportunities."

Z
    Zoobaroo

Nora nodded, listening to Tobias' words, then Clare's. She looked down and shrugged. "Guess I just don't know.. how to be with people. I guess I'm trying to learn that now." She felt very awkward and looked around for something to redirect her focus on.

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias watched Nora's gaze as it shifted around the room. Careful... Maybe she could use a distraction. He picked up the piece he'd been working on. Just a few finishing touches.

He checked the resonance, tapping hte wood a few times, and finished stringing up the little psaltry. He gave the instrument an experimental twang, and made a few adjustments to the tuning. He looked back at Nora. "Wanna try it out?" He offered the little box out to her.

Read Nora's discomfort: 2 Successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-16 07:17:26 Tobias rolls 5 to Wits + Empathy (Read Nora) 10, 3, 10, 1, 3 2 successes
      Makeshift Psaltry: 3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-16 07:22:25 Tobias rolls 8 to Wits + Craft + Specialty (Craft Psaltry) (9 Again) 3, 10, 7, 10, 3, 3, 9, 2, 3, 7, 7 3 successes
      Tune Psaltry: 1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-16 07:23:10 Tobias rolls 6 to Wits + Expression (Tune Psaltry) 5, 2, 5, 4, 10, 2 1 success

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare gives a nod to Nora ( Zoobaroo ) "Go on, give it a try."

m
    magiuspendragon

At Nora's silence, Tobias just shrugged and started playing the little instrument himself. "Find a trash can," he said to Clare. "Join in" He gave the woman a warm smile, tapping out a rhythmic melody on the psaltry. Something she could tap a drum to.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare nods, flashes him a grin, and grabs the nearest thing that could be used as a drum. She started tapping at a simple, easy rhythm that fit with Tobias's playing of the psaltry.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

After the two goof off, they part ways. End Scene

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread