Look What I Found (Open)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare leaned lazily against the Junkyard Gate as the day started it's approach to evening. It hadn't taken much to talk Tobias into joining her for scouring for 'neat' things. She had a penchant for finding things and fixing them up, and Junkyards were great places to find things that could be turned into weapons on the fly. Plus, she suspected that Tobias could make some amazing instruments with the things he found.

Z
    Zoobaroo

Nora waited until the junkyard looked thoroughly closed for the day before approaching the gate. Since arriving in Sacramento and finding herself a place in the freehold, she hadn't been doing as much acquiring in open establishments. When she found out about this place, she thought it might be worth it to stop by and see if there was anything she could use.

The little Wizened slowly crept up closer to the gate, using the evening shadows as cover. Leaning against the fence, she saw what looked like a Changeling with a long rat tail and a somewhat rodent-looking face. Crap, how did the junkyard become a place to hang out?

Nora waited a moment, deciding whether or not to greet the other Lost.

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias halted a few hundered feet from the gate of the Junkyard. It had been years since he'd been to one, and he hadn't quite expected the barrage of memories that surfaced when he got close. Lauren never liked the fact that he'd come here, but she'd been too busy "earning their living" to do anything about it. And they'd needed the things he'd brought home. Sure, not everything was perfect, but if you were careful you could sometimes find what you needed.Even now, with his situation much improved, he was surprised by the quality of things that people threw away.

He forced a smile onto his face and waved at Clare as he caught sight of her. He hurried the last few steps. "Hi Clare. We expecting anyone else?" He looked up at the sky, studying the color as it started to spread across the sky. "Looks like it'll be a nice night."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Nah, you're the only one I talked about this to. Why?" Clare stand straight and gives him a wide grin.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

walking barefoot
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-18 16:02:11 Degnar rolls 1 to walking barefoot (10 Again, Chance) 7 failure

Not far from the pair, a rattling noise can be heard as a manhole suddenly pops up followed by the shadowy figure of a man, or what looks like a man. "Dammit," calls out the strange individual as he groans and mutters something about the sun not being quite gone yet. He is wearing a long, beat up leather trench coat and is visibly shoeless. Upon closer inspection, the man's skin proves to be a grayish color and his hands are obviously not those of a normal human being.

He pushes the manhole back in its place and then turns around, realizing he is not alone for the first time. "Umm, hello there," he says to the pair of Changelings standing by the fence. Neither his voice nor his expression show the slightest hint of surprise, if anything, his voice sounds rather dull and boring.

Z
    Zoobaroo

Nora saw a man greet the first person and recognized him right away. Tobias, she thought and smiled, moving toward the couple of Changelings. Suddenly, a manhole began to creak and twist. Nora stopped and stepped back. A strange figure crept out from the hole and greeted the other two. It looked like they were all fae. Well, I'm part of the gang now, right?

"Hey, Tobias," she said quietly, aware of their surroundings, as she walked toward the group. I wonder if he remembers me...

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias shrugged at Clare's question. "No idea, just wondering if we should..." His voice trailed off as he heard someone speak. "Hello," He said, looking at the new arrival. With a shrug, he offered his hand. "Don't believe we've met. I'm Tobias."

He smiled as he saw Nora. "Nora! I didn't expect to see you here." He paused, and then started as he remembered he needed to make introductions. "Nora, this is my friend Clare. Clare, meet Nora."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare gives a hesitant, but welcoming wave to the man crawling out of the sewers but listens in to Tobias's introduction of Nora. "Nice to meet you, Nora." Nora looked... young. Was the first word to pop into Clare's head. For a split second, her face formed a concerned frown, before she smiled and held out her hand to shake. "So, what are you two looking for here? Maybe I can help you find it?" she looks between Nora and the manhole-man expectantly.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

The Darkling looks at Tobias hands for a moment, eventually extending his own hand to meet the Elemental's. "You can call me Degnar," he says to him, retrieving his hand after a quick handshake. The Tunnelgrub then turns to face the Ogress and the little Wizened girl. "Nora? And Clare, is it?" says Degnar as he looks at each of them respectively with his black beady eyes.

"I'm not looking for anything in particular," he says in a monotone voice, giving the group a shrug. "I just came by to see if I find anything interesting or useful."

Z
    Zoobaroo

Nora nodded toward Clare and Degnar in acknowledgement.

"Yeah, that's pretty much my deal, too," Nora agreed with the Darkling. "I keep an eye out for anything I could use." And carry on my back, Nora thought as she hiked her backpack up on her shoulder.

"Soo.." The Wizened looked up at the locked gate. "How we doin' this?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread