Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara smiles ever so softly at the mention of the Au Pair, nodding her head in agreement.* Indeed. I've wished to speak with the Bailiff since our last Court, but it seems a busy schedule has kept me from doing so. I hope to have a chance to properly introduce myself to her tonight.

*She can't repress a small chuckle as he talks about the Carthians, Ciara shifting ever so slightly in her seat as she gets more comfortable.* I'm glad to hear it, Mr Calloway. I came to the same realization some time ago. The Movement has earned a... less than prestigious reputation in Sacramento. As you said, there is no need for a change here in Sacramento; I only wish more new arrivals would come to that realization... *Like a certain "Mafioso" that she had heard rumors about.*

It may seem a bit self-serving, but I do hope you consider the Invictus. Behind the political rhetoric, they are very similar in their pursuit of a comfortable and stable Requiem for their members. And as the traditions and titles of the Invictus are the law of the land here in Sacramento, it would behoove you to become familiar with it's operations.
    *She wasn't sure if Jim was interested in joining the First Estate; but she wanted to offer the man a chance to better understand the way the Invictus worked. It might help him avoid any unfortunate mistakes like what had happened earlier in the evening.

The little recruiting speech over, Ciara leans back a little, returning Jim's playful smile.* Well, that is something we have in common, Mr Calloway...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Jim couldn't help but grin. He had enjoyed his last conversations with Daniella Sage. "The Bailiff is truly a pleasure to speak with. May I introduce you, Madam Maskelyne?" He smiled. It never hurt to be a gentleman.

Listening carefully to her, he nodded and replied. "Indeed, Madam. I have begun my studies of the Invictus customs, and I do always like to learn more." He thought for a moment, stroking his stubble. "Given our past common affiliations, would you be willing to speak to me of First Estate customs at some point in the near future? I would appreciate the educational opportunity very much, and it would help for me to determine my future... direction." He smiled to her. The Savage was not quick to dismiss the First Estate's opportunities.

His reply showed that he was open to learning, if not entirely committal. The Taifa simply did not know enough about the other covenants other than the Movement to wish to jump into anything hastily. He means to succeed, and a man with centuries before him can afford to wait and go slow.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

That would be lovely, Mr Calloway; but I'm afraid she's already engaged at the moment... *Ciara motions over to the small group of Kindred speaking together, Daniella among them.* I'd hate to interrupt... *She says with a slight grin. There had been enough faux pas at Court tonight, she didn't wish to cause another.

She cocks her head to the side to regard Jim as he talks about studying the Invictus, trying to decide if his interest was real or merely lip service to keep the First Estate happy. Even if it wasn't, it might help keep the man out of trouble with the Reeve. She nods her agreement to his question.* Of course, Mr Calloway. I won't be able to give you as in-depth of an explanation as the Au Pair; but I may be able to give you one that is easier to understand coming away from the Movement...

*Ciara reaches into the hip pocket of her dress, pulling out a small silver case. Opening it up, there are a handful of business cards; she pulls one out and hands it to Jim.* You can reach me at this number, Mr Calloway.
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

C
    Cross

Following her gaze to the Au Pair, he smiled sheepishly. "Of course, Madam. You're quite right." It seemed Daniella Sage was a popular Beast this evening.

When she agreed to speak with him about the First Estate, he offered her card, his smile widened genuinely, and he accepted it graciously. "Thank you very much, Madam Maskelyne. I think your perspectives will be very relevant to my experience," he said. It seemed Ciara Maskelyne and he were kindred Kindred of a sort. Putting her card in his wallet, he offered her his own card. It simply read: J.C. ###-###-#### in a simple font. Non-descript. "If ever you need anything, please do not hesitate to call."

Although that whole 'easier to understand coming away from the Movement' thing rankled a little, as if he was some kind of stupid Savage who couldn't understand protocols and traditions presented as they would be to any unaligned -- nothing a good spanking couldn't cure -- he had enjoyed chatting with Ciara Maskelyne. It showed in his face that he thought well of her first impression.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara takes the offered cart and slips it into the case. She takes a moment to put the card case back in her pocket, then turns her attention back to Jim.* I will certainly keep you in mind, Mr Calloway, should a need arise. I look forward to our conversation, I'm sure it shall prove... informative. *She answers with a soft smile.*

Is there anything else you wish to discuss, Mr Calloway?

C
    Cross

The Taifa said, "Thank you very much, Madam Maskelyne - you've answered all of my questions for the moment. It was a right pleasure to meet you." It was certainly nice to know he wasn't the only former Carthian around.

Scene?

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread