Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ciara Maskelyne didn't remain alone for long. Indeed, a smiling Taifa had finished his conversation with Chris Wooding and had resumed his rounds of the Eternal Court. They hadn't met yet, but he couldn't help but think she looked mildly familiar...

Realizing that for once in his life, his Beast was cowed by another -- perhaps not always, perhaps not anywhere but here, given his Blood's ferocity -- Jim actually had to take a moment to fight the urge to flee. It seemed ridiculous! Nobody cowed him, and yet here he was, the rampaging rhinoceros screaming like some kind of terrified kitten in the corner of its cage. It unnerved the warrior Taifa for a moment, but he forced it down, taking a deep, unnecessary breath and schooling the creature inside of him. Are you a muppet or are you a man?!

He approached her with a polite bow, as if to give her a chance to acknowledge his presence, so it wouldn't appear as if he was just randomly appearing and chattering at her. If she did, he would say, "Excuse me, madam -- you look remarkably familiar. Were you the one who sang that glorious rendition of Fading Like a Flower at the last Court?" Broad smile. "Because if so, you have my compliments; you were excellent."
    *Ciara turns as she feels an unfamiliar Beast approaching, causing her own to react in anger. She smiles politely to Jim( Lokio ), returning the soft bow of greeting. She didn't know the man, but he certainly knew how to open a conversation. She hushes her own Beast; reminding it that tearing out the man's throat was no way to respond to polite flattery.*

Thank you, sir; you're too kind. I'm glad you enjoyed the performance. I don't believe we have been formally introduced; Madam Ciara Maskelyne... *The tall Ventrue says softly, holding out a slim hand to Jim. Her smile grows ever so slightly; her tone welcoming to the unknown Kindred. There had already been one disruption in Court tonight, Ciara prayed this conversation went smoothly...*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Did this girl come from one of those sexy European volleyball teams? And sweet Jesus, how did her Beast get so powerful? I want that trick.

"Sadly, we have not! I am James Calloway of Clan Gangrel; it's a pleasure to meet you." he replied, shaking the offered hand politely. His touch was firm, as one could expect from any Gangrel... but had a strange sort of gentleness. "Shall we sit, Madam Maskelyne?" The Taifa suggested, his deep brown eyes flashing for a moment toward a nearby booth.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ventrue... *Ciara answers softly, she had wondered if the man would include his family in introductions. She smiles softly as he shakes her hand, Ciara's grip much softer than the Gangrel's but with a hint of it's own power behind it. She nods her head in agreement as Jim's eyes motion towards a place to set.*

That sounds wonderful, Mr Calloway. *Ciara answers with a nod of her head, allowing Jim to lead the way. She'll also wait for him to set before she does the same; the thin Venture lowering herself gracefully into a setting position, taking a moment to smooth her dress before looking to Jim.* So, how are you finding Sacramento so far?
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

C
    Cross

So the beautiful Kindred was Ventrue. Hmmm. Leading the way to a nearby booth, he took a seat on the further side as Momma Calloway had always taught him to do. Apparently that was what gentlemen did, or so said Momma. Had there been a seat to pull out, he might have done that, too.

Looking across the table to Ciara, he gave a little grin when she asked him the question. "It's been excellent so far, Madam. There are many people here who are dedicated to good works and the development of the Domain as a place to flourish, and a great deal of culture to enjoy -- more than I've seen in any Domain yet, actually! It keeps things... exciting." His grin resolved into a genuine smile, as if the Taifa had found a place he was quite happy to be. "If I may ask, have you been in Sacramento long?"

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara's smile perks up ever so slightly at the mention of Works, making the thin Ventrue wonder if the man had any leanings towards the Movement or Dragons. She can only nod as he talks about the culture in the city.* Indeed it does; that is one of the things that has drawn me to the city. I've been making my own connections among the Kine here in Sacramento; it's always surprised me how cosmopolitan the city is. *From what the Seneschal and Herald had told her, Sacramento had been a little too exciting for her taste; but there was no need to bring such unpleasantness into a polite conversation.

Instead, she just shakes her head slightly.* Well, yes and no. I first came to the city a few years ago, though I've had to return to England a few times since then. I recently returned from such a trip a few months ago, though I've settled in quite comfortably since then. What of you, Mr Calloway; where do yo come to Sacramento from?

James leaned back a bit into the cushion, relaxing. Court seemed to have quieted down again, the issue with the patchwork Nosferatu and the staking moved behind closed doors, where undesirables could be slain or punished or whatever it is was going on out of sight... and out of mind. "Indeed! Sacramento isn't a huge city, and yet it's got a whole lot to offer."

Listening as she explained her past with the city, he grinned. "As for where I came from, for about thirty or so years I've been living a nomadic lifestyle up and down the West Coast with another Taifa. He was forced to attend to some personal matters in Vancouver, BC... and I made my way down here, to continue to explore. But my travels, they pale in comparison with Europe! From where in England do you hail?"

His posture suggested great interest. James really, really enjoyed travelling and stories from abroad.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara can't help but smirk as the man talks of roaming the West Coast. She was beginning to wonder if the Gangrel could ever put down permanent roots. Perhaps an insatiable wanderlust was their true Curse...* Well, it certainly seems you've seem more of America than I have, Mr Calloway. I'm afraid I've only been to New York and Sacramento. I'm originally from London; though it is a much different town now than when I first arrived to it.

*She pauses for a moment, thinking over the man's words.* I'm sorry, Taifa? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the term...

You're missing out, he thought. "There is much beauty along the coast, Madam Maskelyne. I would recommend the beaches to the southwest in particular, if ever you are of a mind to visit them." Jim said. A wistful smile crossed his face for a moment, almost as if he had seen the face of God on those moonlit waters. Then, as quickly as it had come, it was gone.

As she asked about what the Taifa were, he nodded understandingly. It seemed that not every powerful Kindred was an occultist. "The Taifa are a particular line of the blood of Gangrel. It is our custom to explore the world around us for a time, and then settle in, seeking civilization and community in a chosen place after years on the dangerous road. So it has always been. I hope this will be that place." His tone was calm, polite. He did not blather on about it, moving on to more interesting topics. He was not one to speak of history without it being asked for.

"Yet your story is far more intriguing than my own; might I ask, what brings an Englishwoman so far from the United Kingdom?" An old term, these days -- a sign of his age. In his day, one did not refer to England or Scotland or Wales. One referred to the Empire, or to the United Kingdom.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara laughs as the man mentions the beach, shaking her head softly and holding up a thin hand.* Oh god no, I stay away from the beaches. Bad experiences with the sun, even when I was still able to see it... *The Ventrue's pale skin had always suffered in the sun. Thank god women wore so much more in her mortal days...

When Jim speaks about the Taifa, Ciara nods softly as he explains his family.* Well, Sacramento isn't the worst place to put down roots, Mr Calloway. It certainly has it's share of attractive features... *She gives her conversational partner a sly grin, but her smile quickly returns to it's previous innocence.* And it's share of excitement, if you're into that sort of thing. *Ciara certainly wasn't the adventurous type. At least, not when it came to chasing fugitives and traitors to the Domain. She left that up to individuals better suited to the task at hand.

She couldn't say she envied the man, having to spend years as a wanderer. She wondered how many of his kind had been lost on the road over the years. Far better, from her point of view, to find somewhere to settle down quickly and get to work building a power base with that time.

When it comes time to talk about her own past, Ciara shrugs softly.* I found London too... stuffy. Too many Elders too well entrenched to make life for younger Kindred bearable. I have a taste for fashion, so I debated settling in New York for a time. But no one really goes to New York for fashion, unless they're trying to be ironic. The same goes for LA. So, I decided to try here in Sacramento.

I managed to find a few things to hold my... interest; and decided this was the best place to make a new home...

James couldn't help but smirk with amusement as the pale Ventrue protested the beach. "I assure you, you won't get moonburn, Madam Maskelyne..." he joked with a little wink. "But fair enough."

He returned her sly grin when she referred to 'attractive features', keeping his mind firmly planted on baseball. She was gorgeous, of course, and the fact that her blood was so strong had interesting effects on him. His Beast screamed at him to run, and for some reason, the combination of her beauty and her power was very... appealing. "I do enjoy a little excitement every now and again," he said fairly vaguely, preferring to leave it mysterious for the moment as to the kinds of excitement he enjoyed. "I've certainly enjoyed my time here thus far."

As she spoke of her fashion work, he asked, "How is Sacramento as a base for the fashion industry, anyway? I can't say I know a great deal about it," he chuckled, the self-depracating jest punctuated by a little spread of the arms to indicate his own clothing. As he often did, he wore his Levi's and his armored black motorcycle jacket, the latter of which was open to reveal his crimson dress shirt beneath. He was quite interested in what she had to say though; learning about new economic opportunities was always fun. He did what he could to avoid being the stereotypical stupid savage.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread