Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
A Hot Meal

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Z
    Zoobaroo

"Oh, c'mon! Lighten up. We're all weird, right? What, did I hurt you?" she asked, looking at where he was rubbing his side. "Really? 'Cause I'm really small. Sorry."

Nora could see there was some movement in the front of the line. They were starting to let people in. "Here we go. So, you're not lucky with the ladies? Okay, sorry. I just thought girls liked all that." The elfin girl stuck her hands in her pocket for a few awkward moments.

"Soo.. uhm.. what do you practice?" This exercise in making conversation was very taxing on Nora and she was beginning to really want the dinner to go by as quickly as possible.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Did you?” he asked in response to her thoughts on his speech. There was a perfectly good reason why he preferred men at times, so much less confusing.

Not getting broken mostly. Some running, some screaming...and how to appease the fairer sex.” Now that one was a bit of a joke, he shrugged slightly. “And sure, we’re all a little weird but as newly acquainted family it’s just a courtesy thing.

Z
    Zoobaroo

"Is that like a survival class or something? With dating advice thrown in? Weird." The line had moved up and the well-dressed woman was collecting their tickets. Nora handed hers to the woman, got it ripped and took her half. "Okay, here we go," she said back at Dominyk.

Inside, the room was warm and bright. The furnishing was older, but clean. There were about a dozen long tables, with chairs pulled up. The people who had gone in first were already eating.

They approached a buffet table, with chaffing dishes containing green beans, fried potatoes, corn, canned peaches, cornbread, ham and a pot of soup at the end. Nora grabbed her tray, plate, bowl and silverware, then looked up and nodded enthusiastically to Dominyk. "Cornbread!" she whispered excitedly.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

The Fairest smirked. “Something like that, although I would probably be handle something described such, much easier.

He handed the ticket over and looked at the woman and flashed her a bright smile. “Thank you, m’Lady.” He touched his forehead, and as he stepped further into the room he could feel the sweetness begin to trickle in, mixing itself with the scents of the room. He followed Nora, his mood beginning to shift as the pressure of the room began to grow on him.

Z
    Zoobaroo

Nora walked down the line and let the servers put a helping of each item on her plate, and fill her bowl with soup. She looked out among the tables and found one that had a few empty chairs. She nudged Dominyk and nodded in the direction she wanted him to follow.

When they sat down, Nora got right to work on hr plate, nibbling away in her strange fashion. after a while, she looked up at the fairest and began to open her mouth to speak, but drew a blank instead. She went back to eating her ham, realizing she had run out of things to talk about.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk followed suit, how could he not. He watched her eat for a time as he basked in the contentedness of those around him. Then he too began to eat, until the proper time to speak. “I have a couch you can crash on if you want.

Z
    Zoobaroo

Nora froze mid-bite and stared at Dominyk for a moment. She pulled her fork out her mouth, set it down and swallowed the food in her mouth. What the Hell? she thought, her head tilting and her brows coming together in confusion. "Ummm... no..." she said softly, slowly shaking her head. "No, that's not... nmm-nmm," she continued, looking down at her plate and forking another bite.

She stuffed another forkful of ham and potatoes in her mouth, still shaking her head slightly. After she swallowed, she looked up at the flowering fae again, with a more understanding look. "Hey... you wanna help me out? This is good," she gestured the toward the table and the food. "This is nice," she said with a single shoulder shrug. It wasn't clear if she meant the meal, being indoors or having company to eat with.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

In silence he watched her, his chilling eyes beginning to gain the glacial blue that signified his mantle, before he squashed it. With the slightest raise of his eyebrows he turned down to the food in front of him.

It’s not right. He ran his tongue over the sharp teeth in his mouth.

Perhaps, you don’t understand the offering of help from someone who is like you. I am offering you aid, I’m not expecting anything from you in return. I’m not like them.” The last four words he whispered to her, and only her. The slight paranoia that had followed him around since the mad dash from the Hedge was very much present.

He let his eyes draw across the room behind the girl, his own scent was growing, and he could feel eyes on him -- like he didn’t belong, like he was food.

Z
    Zoobaroo

Nora was almost done with her plate, a feat she managed by having learned how to eat very quickly. She was glad for it too, as this conversation had suddenly gotten a little uncomfortable for her. She used her last potato to sop up the remaining crumbs from her plate and ate it when she saw the fairest lick his sharp teeth. Nora raised an eyebrow as he explained that he was just offering aid, that he wasn't like them.

The Wizened didn't know much about men, thankfully. But she had known plenty of girls who did. Girls who knew much more about men than they ever asked for. And she knew that slick, handsome men, who wanted to call you pretty little names and talk like they were going to save you were a bad sign.

"Oh, I know," Nora responded casually, not letting on to her suspicions. "You just want to help. I get that. I mean, that's why we.. you know... have the union. That's just not something I can do right now. You get it, right?" As she spoke, the Drudge casually piled her napkins, silverware and cup on to her plate, and pushed back her chair. "I'm gonna go toss this, okay?" She said in a friendly tone, as she stood up on the other side of the long table from Dominyk, and took a few steps back.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

It's not like I can actually force you to do anything you don't want.” His words were low, and quiet. It wasn’t as if he had the ability to contain and hold, only to offer help. He wasn’t about to force hospitality on her any way -- who knew how her time on the otherside was really like.

He watched her walk away, and breathed out. She’s probably assuming...again. Instead of moving to follow her, he finished the last of his own food with the slight hope that the nourishment would quell the feelings of guilt that he was now experiencing.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.