Chase sat behind his desk, flushed with the semblence of life that is the Blush. His desk was in his new company building, though they were far from being a functional business just yet. He was renovating the space, making sure it was up to code, but he still used it for interviews as he was doing now.

After looking through the sheets of paper in his hand he set them on the desk. Across from him was a young woman, wearing an office blazer and skirt. She was interviewing for a position of receptionist. She was sweet, all smiles and naivity, interviewing for her first real job out of college. Sickeningly sweet. Though it made her ignorant enough of danger to put her alone in his office building at such a late hour.

"So," began Chase in a relaxed smile that came easy in a position of authority. "How would you describe your experience at...Sacramento City College?"

"Oh, well like my resume says I majored in Office Administration," her high-pitched voice stressed the degree with self-importance. "And I really felt like it was an enriching educational experience. Understanding the nuances of an office environment and staying organized and positive."

It wasn't a bad answer, but still, she was completely inexperienced, and he didn't want to waste money on someone who was just going to chat up the entire office. But still, someone with a bright personality might raise morale with some of the techies. He didn't want to discount her just yet. "And tell me what you know about Internet Services, is it something you're interested in?"

She had to think about that for a few seconds, umming to fill the dead air between them. "Well I mean everyone uses the internet, it's a part of everything we do nowadays?" she answers, though raising the tone of the last word as if asking a question. "So I think it's important to understand it better so everyone can enjoy all it has to offer."

Dear god, why am I listening to this. This girl is a waste of my time. She has no idea what she's planning on doing with her life. She just got the easiest quickest degree she could and will just play around texting on her phone all day instead of taking the calls I need her to. "Uhuh, go on," he found himself saying, more lazily, his eyes glancing out the darkened window to the city skyline.

"Well I really love social networking, you know? Like facebook and twitter and I watched that movie about it and blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah..." her voice drones out in Chase's mind as he's become distracted by another sound. Like a drum beating in the background, at first an ambient rumble and then slowly gaining strength. He glances back to the girl again. The beat coming from her, her chest. The growing thump of muscle passing blood through the morsel's body.

"Blah blah blah, Mr. Anker's, are you okay? You've been staring..." she follows his gaze down to her chest and then suddenly with a panic-strickened look pulls her blazer tighter around herself. "Mr. Ankers!" she cried, half surprised, half...something else. She had noticed Chase to be an attractive man, and maybe she had heard a few times from her mother what men are often after. She seemed hesitant, the silence that followed growing awkward as she perhaps debated what a girl was supposed to do when being lusted after by a potential boss. Maybe even a devilish streak of herself that she wasn't even quite aware of debated exploiting this realization.

Chase looked bored, however, not even remotely interested in the girl's body but in the precious liquid that flowed within it. He stood suddenly, walking over to the front of the desk, slowly, and then leaning against it, one hand placed on his knee like some political campaign message commerical. The girl looked down, blushing brightly as blood came to the surface of her skin, as if called forth by Chase's desire for it. She glanced up after a few seconds, though being eye level with Chase's crotch wasn't helping her complexion.

"Look at me," he said patiently. She obeyed, not sure what else to do. He locked eyes with her and stated clearly, "Sleep." She did. Chase caught her shoulder before she fell from the chair. He bent down to her neck, fangs extending instinctively before plunging them into her common carotid artery, sucking from the tiny punctures like a juice box, the blood filling his mouth and quenching his needs, rendering his mind blank in a brief moment of contentment.

He released her finally as he felt her heart beat to slow, not wanting to create an incident that would jeapordize his company. The dead flesh of his tongue touched along the wounds, licking the last drop and beginning the process of healing, destroying the evidence. She would likely come to soon, but her body needed a moment to rest and replenish itself.

Chase then realized he may not be able to carry her from the room to the cushioned bench just outside his office. He groaned, wondering why he hadn't simply instructed her to lay down there first. He wasn't about to just stand there for a half hour making sure she didn't fall. He bent down once more and wrapped his arms around her torso, tucked under her armpits and then braced himself as he tugged up and back so that her weight fell against him. He strained, hoping that no one in the other office buildings nearby could see this awkward scenario. Stepping carefully he kept shifting himself foot to foot backwards, her shoes dragging against the carpet limply. Once he got to the door he dexterously maneuvers his elbow against the handle to pop it open before pushing it the rest of the way with his back.

Once the girl was laid out on the bench he sat down next to her, waiting for his muscles to relax again. He really needed to hit the gym at some point. She wasn't even that heavy, but he had never done much heavy lifting in his life, let alone lifting people. He walked over to the minifridge in the neighboring conference room and got her a juice, setting it by her head for when she awoke. "You passed out all of a sudden," he would tell her, "that's common during interviews for an applicant to get nervous." If she gave him trouble, which he doubted, he'd just imploy more dominant tactics.

Once in his office again he sat down and began reviewing dossiers on other interviews he had later this week.