Heathcliff ascends the staircase and knocks on the door three times, then clasps his hands behind his back while he waits for a response.

Konstantin opens the door, and gives Heathcliff a gruff nod before stepping out and leaving the door open for Heathcliff to enter.

Heathcliff returns a single nod to the stout, unexpected man at the door, and enters the office of Asa. When he sees the Prince, he smiles as brightly as he can. "Good evening, Sire," he says.

"Hello, Heathcliff," Asa said, gesturing to the club chair across from the one he sat in. On the tv, a muted Sportscenter played. "If I recall, at Court you said you worked for the SHA. I'd like to know more about you."

"Why, yes, I do," Heathcliff beams, obviously touched that the Prince remembered his profession. He takes the seat indicated. The question put Heathcliff in mind of his last evaluation. "I have several strengths, Sire. I have worked with this city's government almost half my life, so I am familiar with bureaucracy. Most of my work for the SHA involved the processing of paperwork, or the oversight there of." He clears his throat. "I am a capable manager of human...er...resources." Eager to move past this poorly stated proficiency, he continues, "Also, people tend to be oblivious of my presence. This was true even while I was alive, but more so now."

Asa nodded, interested that Heathcliff seemed even more well suited than he had thought. To him, Heathcliff's greatest asset was that he would be loyal. "Are you familiar with the duties of a Seneschal?" he asked.

Heathcliff perked up, if any further perking were possible. "Somewhat, Sire. The Kindred in that position is responsible for dealing with the day-to-day tasks of your adminsistration, correct? I know the Seneschal is tasked with acknowledging Kindred new to the city, when you are otherwise occupied, Sire."

"Yes, those are the essentials," Asa said. "You will also adjudicate minor disputes, and work with the Sheriff to keep the Laws. Do you have any questions?"

The grin on Heathcliff's face only grows wider. This is what he'd been working for, assisting other Kindred, trying to make up for his crime- a chance to work with his Regent. "I am happy to serve, Sire. I do have a question- how much time will this position take? My job also requires a significant amount of time."

"Twist managed to do it and run Ballo Della Notte," Asa said. "You'll also need to memorize the Laws for Acknowledgments, as wells as familiarize yourself with the Covenant leaders and Prisci. Olivette will provide you with any of this information. You will also be one of the few people that may call me at your discretion. I've already sent letters out to the important personages of the domain, so this is effective immediately."

Heathcliff nods. "Of course, Sire. There is much work involved in running an enterprise, and I don't have nearly that much responsibility, so I don't foresee any difficulty." He reiterates what the Prince has told him, so that it is clear he understands. "I will get the relevant contact information from your assistant and commit the Laws to memory without delay." Breathlessly, he finishes, "This is quite an honor for me, Sire, thank you."

"Excellent," said Asa, standing. "I will leave you to it, then. Feel free to use this office tonight, as Mr. Culler is otherwise occupied, but you'll need to find a place to make yourself available at." Asa glanced at his watch. "Dr. Lazarus may bring by a new arrival, so you'll need to be prepared. You can always direct them to their Prisci or Covenant leaders to be instructed in the Law. If you find yourself in doubt, call Olivette, or my Hound, Twist. Do not accept any slight or poor behavior, as it reflects poorly upon me -- simply know that the Sheriff will enforce any decision you make." Asa opened the door and paused. "I believe that you can do this Mr. Staley -- don't disappoint me."

Heathcliff looks about the office curiously at Arnold's mention. I'm using Arnold's office? he thought incredulously. Once again, the world had turned for Staley, and this time, it fell into his lap. Out of respect, he stood, hands clasped behind his back, as Asa prepared to leave. "You won't regret this, Sire," he says solemnly.

Asa nodded once, then left. Going down the hallway in the opposite direction, he made his way out of Avalon through the rear exit.