Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Work It!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

It is around 10 am, and the Four Seasons' gym is open for business as usual. There are a couple of people working out; a young woman on a treadmill listening to her iPod, and a guy who looks like a total meathed, lifting some weights. The temperature is rather cool inside, and its obvious that whoever runs the gym is serious about his AC. A couple of the TVs are on, one showing ESPN highlights, while other just has the morning news on.

Sitting behind the counter by the entrance, is a muscular guy with short spiky blonde hair, wearing a pair of sweatpants and a fitted t-shirt. He is currently reading an old issue of Sports Illustrated, not really paying much attention the other two people in the gym. By the looks of it, he is the guy who runs the place, and to those who can see the Mien he is obviously not your typical personal trainer. His spiky blonde hair is tipped with icicles, and his crisp blue eyes seem to be made out of ice. Surprisingly enough, he has a Summer mantle, which manifest as a steady flow of vapour that emanates constantly from his head, much like ice that is melting.

Heath trots through the door, gym bag in hand. He's dressed inconspicuously to avoid paparazzi, not that any would be there, at least not for him. Still, it makes him feel important to make an effort. He tugs low on his baseball cap as he approaches the front desk where the blonde gentleman sits.

"I know what you're thinking, what's a guy like me doing at the gym. Looks great already, wouldn't change a thing. Well believe it or not I'm actually somewhat lacking in the muscle department. These things happen, you wake up one morning after skipping too many protein shakes and you find yourself skinny as a string bean. What can I say."

He shrugs and grins in a way that suggests friendly, maybe a little cocky. He doesn't expect a big reaction. He glances around the workout area, "Busy place you've got here, must be a handful. Anyways, I'm Heath, nice to meet ya."

m
    miniatureian

A small asian, perhaps a girl, walks in the door, a ripple of dark flame betraying her history. Marching to one of the least complicated looking machines, she speaks as if to it:

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor. Quote from Dr. Alexis Carrel. Books don't help me soul search, but maybe you can.

The treadmill looks unimpressed, perhaps a little nonplussed at the announcement. Having bested the equipment in the social realm, Terra glances about, realizing that she might need someone's permission to use it. She wanders a bit closer, looking about in that 'i'm waiting for you to be available' kind of way.

PRE

Irea peered through the doorway of the gym, head tilted to one side as she observed the people inside. She wore a plain black sweat suit, her hair was tied back, and she had a water bottle in hand, but despite appearances she merely stood there for a minute or two. Finally she stepped inside, feet moving through the threshold with a measured stride, and moved to one of the treadmills. Perhaps it was safer to jog indoors, where one could be exhausted and distracted in safety, and the possibility of large metal summer courtiers managing to surprise you was much, much less.

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary finally finds her way to the gym she's been living right above for months, fearing the effort - she was an athlete only on a scale that included beached jellyfish. On the other hand, she look to eating in front of the couch like a champ. "Plumpkin" was dreading how she would look flailing around with the exercise equipment, knowing that her arms were little more than twigs wrapped in marshmallow, and hesitates with her back to the door in the entryway. Looking about in shocked wonder at the intimidating equipment. She hadn't done much shopping, but she did have exercise shorts from goodwill that were comfortable enough. She tried not to dwell on whether the logo on her tee-shirt was more of an explanation of her appearance or a public service announcement against the product, or perhaps just a snarky description of how she looked.

Wiggling her way through the place, she settles on a task she believed she could accomplish - 'power walking.' She then marches dubiously towards a treadmill, and starts huffing and puffing shortly after the machine gets going with a slow setting.
    Roll

Sketch

T
    Tyler

Thomas poked his head into the gym, smiling. Well, why wouldn't he be! He had just come from a manicure, and a pedicure, and a shave at the barber's with a wonderful little massage of his scalp and shoulders... Ah, what a lovely day!

He felt like a slow, languorous walk to break in his new burkenstocks, but if he did that outside there was the possibility he could get dirty, so of course the gym of the hotel was the next best thing. Although there was all the sweat.

He paused for a moment halfway to the treadmill. Oh well, that's what showers are for. And he set it on a rather low speed, and started walking, humming softly to himself.

Rolled before arrival

The ice Elemental behind the counter looks up at the man talking to him. At first he seems slightly annoyed that some random guy is interrupting him from his reading by trying to crack a joke. However, when he notices that this man is in fact a Changeling like himself, Duncan offers him a quick smirk. "Heath? I'm Duncan, the guy who is in charge of running this place," says the Elemental in response and then takes a quick look around the place, noticing the other Wyrd individuals making use of the machines. "Looks like we've got a lively crowd this morning."

With those words Duncan sets his Sports Illustrated aside and stands up, offering the Fairest his hand. "So what brings you out here Heath?" he asks in a conversational tone, as he makes his way around the counter.

m
    miniatureian

As the treadmill spins along, Terra sidles up and leans against it, sizing up the power-walking occupant. "Its a fairest, spring day in this gym, eh? I'm Terra, mind if I join you here on this one? We could run together. You certainly are keeping up a pace there."
    Starting up the adjacent machine, with a glance over her shoulder at the distracted gym manager, she glances at Mary's and punches in a number a few decimals lower. The dark flames flicker and stream in invisible wind.
    "Sorry about that pun, I suppose its not that funny. Though laughing on these things is the last thing I would want to do. That would end in so much cramping. The people that do this for fun must not be very fun themselves. We, though, are improving ourselves!"

"That you do, that you do, Duncan," repeats Heath as he accepts the man's handshake happily. Heath glances around briefly himself, noting unfamiliar faces of supernatural origins. "Why am I here? Why I'm relatively new to the city, and I'm a pretty helpful guy, so I figure I'd help myself to a little workout, maybe try out your gym, see if it's for me. A healthy Heath is a happy Heath."

He turns as Duncan comes around, setting his back on the ground for the moment.

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary slows down the machine a step so she can talk (and possibly jiggle a bit less) with Terra. "Oh," Mary pants, trying to catch her breath, "I'm a fan of bad puns, for sure. As to running, I'm kinda surprised I haven't toppled over yet. Did I see you at the coronation? I'm Mary Lee, some call me Pumpkin, which I guess is becoming a more accurate description." She jokes, but whether she's making light of her shape or her exercise-induced glow is unclear. She fans off her flushed face and offers a casual handshake, leaning towards 'limp.' Her panting and sweating seem to release an intensified waft of fresh flowers, but which ones remains as ambiguous as the ethnic heritage expressed in her face.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread