Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
MnG 8: Gideon, Miach & Aenigma

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

Miach took the card offered, nodding in thanks. He fetched into his bag for his wallet, and extirped his own card.

There you go. In case you need some patching up after the security thing...

When Aenigma mentioned that the museum might need some looking into, he concurred with the Warlock. Not much he could do for the man, but maybe he could keep his ear to the ground at the hospital, in case they would need something. In any case, a new Mystagogue in town needed to see Jack fairly quickly.

x
    xohgr

Gideon nods his thanks to Miach and secures his new contacts directly into his cell phone. After completing the entries, Gideon comments "I actually sent Jack an introductory letter, The old fashioned way via post. I have been here several months already and had not paid the proper respects. I haven't heard back but that is snail mail for ya. Truth to tell I have been trying to pull away from the security thing. Not that I would turn a job at the museum down but I wanted to move more into the "Acquisitions" department. if you catch my drift.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma raises an eyebrow, wondering why he hadn't met Gideon until today. Perhaps he needs to do a better job of getting out there and meeting new folks. The Warlock takes a sip from his tea, surprised that Jack hadn't even bothered to respond to Gideon's letter. Being the Curator surely kept him busy, but the least he could do is be welcoming to other members of his Order. "Sorry to hear about that...something must be keeping Jack rather busy these days," says Aenigma in response before taking another sip of tea. "Hmm, so you have an interest in 'acquisitions.' Well, that's something that we can certainly discuss in a more private setting perhaps." He offers the Obrimos a sly grin and then sips on his tea again.

Miach

PRE

Clearly, the "acquisition" stuff was not Miach's thing, even though he was not one to mind giving a look at "acquired" stuff.

I'm sure your mail has been lost is all there is to it. As I said, I'll contact him, and be back in touch with you. Then, you can see with him what sort of skills can be used for our book club. Unless you'd rather do it, Aenigma ?

The Enchanter was feeling ill-at-ease thinking about what "acquisition" sometimes meant. He didn't mind real honest-to-Atlantis artifacts found in lost caves or at the bottom of the sea, but other sides of the business made him somewhat nervous.

x
    xohgr

Gideon answers Miach first with "Thanks, I would appreciate any word you put in for me. It would make life easier to have some formal introduction as opposed to just walking up and saying 'Hi gimme a job'." Gideon says with a smile. Turning to Aenigma Gideon says "A private conversation would be most welcome. I actually have no idea where to start with this new career track, so any input would also be welcome."

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nods at the Acanthus' question. "I can try giving Jack a call and see if I can set something up," says the Warlock with a smile before taking another sip of tea. "I can give you a few pointers and talk to you about the business," says Aenigma in response to Gideon. "You've got my number, so just give me a call sometime when you are free and we can get together somewhere else to talk about it." With those words, he offers the Obrimos a genuine smile.

Miach

PRE

The lean Enchanter didn't have much to add to the conversation at this point, but didn't want to seem uncaring to a fellow mystagogue either. Maybe some more mundane question ?

And where do you leave now ? Are your accomodations to your liking ?

x
    xohgr

Gideon nods in thanks to Aenigma. "Will do, thanks again."
    to Miach he replies "I live in a little one bedroom, here in the city. I don't have any "special" place yet. But my apartment is a place to sleep" Gideon hope he conveyed his lack of sanctum, It is tricky sometimes in public.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma smiles at him as he says, "anytime!" The Warlock then falls to silence as Miach asks Gideon about his living situation. He sips on his tea and listens to the Obrimos talk, nodding at his words. "You know, I've actually live in a small house with a couple other members of our book club," he says to both of them before taking another sip from his tea. "While it isn't a mansion, it is actually kind of cozy. It is definitely a special house, and it even has a few apple trees in the backyard." He smiles as he finishes saying these words and then adds, "the apples that grow from them are quite good. I'll have to let you two try them at some point."

Miach

PRE

"It's hard for anyone to find a place that is special to one's heart.

Miach should know ! While he's got a little something, it's a far cry from what he'd like. At the warlock's offer to partake of his "fruits", though...

Well, thanks for the offer, Aenigma, I really appreciate. But I would hate to deplete your trees, so please count me out.

The Acanthus didn't want to feel like he owed the guy anything. Even if he seemed genuine in his offer.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread