Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Chase catches up with Max as he turns away from the unfortunate scene that had taken place. "Grand Wyrm Heinz," he begins cautiously. The Ventrue Supplicant nods with respect before continuing, "did you happen to see the commotion?" asking despite already knowing that the keen-eyed Mehket had indeed. "Such violence among us, I wonder what crime the stranger did commit," he commented, a neutral observation.

It seemed that the Wyrm had not been a part of the details that led to the event, yet this was not why Chase had stopped him. He had other concerns in mind.
    *Max's eyes perk up as Chase approaches, the thin Mekhet returning the man's nod of respect.* Good evening, Supplicant Ankers. Indeed, I can only assume someone did something stupid... *Who did what was yet to be determined; but he was sure the Reeve would sort things out. He could only hope it was an agreeable outcome for those he concerned himself with. Only time would tell on that matter though...*

Chase himself had seen and heard some of the affair, but only because he had little else to distract him at the time of its occurrence. It was the first time he had witnessed the staking of any kindred. Young as he was, the sight was shocking to say the least, yet he had heard of other incidents where extremes became necessary. "It's easy for such misunderstandings to occur, but only the profoundly ignorant can escalate such situations. I imagine such a kindred did not know what they were getting into." After all, who would purposely try to get themselves torpored on arrival. "In any case, such unpleasant circumstances aside, how do you fare, Grand Wyrm?" wondering if anything had changed in the brief time since they last spoke.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max smiles slightly and nods.* So it would seem. My Sire once gave me a very good piece of advice for such situations: "When in doubt, just shut up and smile." It's amazing how far those two things can get you...

*Eager to switch to a more pleasant topic, Max thinks for a moment before answering.* Well enough I suppose. I want to try and get everyone together for a proper Order meeting soon, but I have a few small renovations I want to make to the Chapter House first. Have a sort of combination Grand Reopening/Social Gathering for everyone. Other than that, I can't complain. How about yourself, Supplicant Ankers; how are you finding Sacramento recently?

In reply to the gift of advice Chase smiles, as if trying it out at least in part. "It is also amazing how little value words hold next to choice of action. Yet they have their place, for many tightly secured behind their teeth."

Following the Shadow's train of thought he listened attentively to the plans for a meeting of their Covenant. "That's excellent news. I must admit one of my reasons for speaking with you was to ask of that very thing. I noticed we have many Dragons lurking within the Domain without properly organizing, though I realize you're already aware of this. As for myself and my affairs, I have quite a bit going on. For instance I've begun preparations to found my own business, an internet service provider, or more commonly a telecommunications company. I hope that sometime in the future it may well serve in the preservation of the Masquerade on the digital frontlines, though there's no knowing whether it will come to that just yet. Also I've begun taking some fencing lessons when I have a free moment. Sitting behind a computer all night tends to leave the body ineffective, so I hope that through sport and practice I might achieve a healthier balance."

Though concepts of health were not the same as with mortals. Yet some principles stayed the same. "Unfortunately, with all that's been going on, it has left me somewhat disconnected to the affairs of our Covenant. I hope with this next meeting that I might find some additional method to fulfill the tenants than simply my own independent studies."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max quirks a curious eyebrow as Chase talks of starting his own ISP.* Are you? I wasn't aware that was the sort of thing one could simply set up. I always imagined it was a monopoly held with a stranglehold by the big corporations. Like the old phone or telegraph systems...

*He nods as the fellow Dragon mentions fencing.* Keeping physically active can certainly help keep our kind sane. I've gotten into martial arts myself; though I've been trying to ad one or two new cardio retinues lately when I can. I'm hoping part of the renovation will allow for an expanded gym in our meeting place.

And I understand that feeling, Supplicant Ankers. With so much going on in the Domain recently, visitors to the House have been sporadic at best. But I'm certain we'll all be able to gather properly very soon.

"Oh there is, a monopoly that is, but even they don't have the resources to micromanage the entire internet. They lease the IP backbone to local ISPs who deal directly with customers. But the ISPs have a great deal of control and money to be made based on the services they provide customers."

With the suggestion of a gym at the chapter house Chase beams, "Oh? I didn't realize you were a martial artist. That would be excellent to have something like a gym available to the Order. Fencing night classes only allow perhaps an hour or two given the difference in schedules."

PRE

Tracy approaches Max and Chase, with a certain haste in her step. Under other circumstances, she would've offered Max a smile and perhaps spent a little time flirting with the Mekhet. Unfortunately, she had other things in mind at the moment, and was only there to relay a message from the Reeve.

"Mr. Heinz, your presence is being requested by Reeve Greyson," she says to him, a hint of urgency in her voice. "My apologies for interrupting your conversation." The petite redhead offers a polite nod to Max and then a quick one at Chase.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods in agreement with Chase's statement.* I believe physical change is a key component in our Work. Having a place where we can train, and heal in our own unique way, will allow members of the Order a chance to expand their knowledge and understanding of transformation. Plus, a little bit of added security and self reliance is never a bad thing. I know my time as Reeve certainly impressed it's importance to me...

*The thin Mekhet pauses for a moment as he feels a familiar Beast draw closer, Max already smiling as he turns towards Tracy. He's was about to quip about the pleasure of physical exertion when he catches sight of the urgency in her step. His smile is long gone by the time she's within conversational distance, Max dipping his head in respectful greeting to Tracy.

Her short message surprises Max; being summoned by the Reeve was a turn of events Max certainly hadn't expected tonight. Outwardly he shows no more interest than an eyebrow raised in curiosity.* Of course, Deputy Burns... *He answers softly, then turns back to Chase.* If you will excuse me, Supplicant Ankers. Reeve Greyson is not a man you keep waiting...

Chase gave a polite bow at the waist to the departing Deputy, his gaze lingering quizzically on her retreating form.

"Oh no, I shouldn't think so," he replied quickly to Max, "I won't keep you then, Grand Wyrm, though I'm sure you can tell I'm mightily curious about all this." The timing, of course, most certainly had to do with the staking only a few moments ago. But he was sure he would hear of it in due time. He bowed deeply to Max, his hand placed delicately against his own chest. Nothing more needed saying.

As Max left to attend to the urgent matter, Chase pondered over his words. "Time as Reeve?" he echoed to himself. He wondered how long it had been since Mr. Heinz had joined with the Ordo Dracul. Once Invictus, perhaps still in some ways. Another method of control, perhaps? Possibly, though if so only for the security of the Domain. Still, it gave the Lord pause. He only knew so much about the Invictus, and most just from an outside perspective. It was likely time he learned more about this hierarchy of control.

Closed Thread