James meets with Bailiff Sage (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella was in the lower level of the Avalon, having set up a meeting with James Lokio for the evening. The lower level was quiet, the lighting fairly low, and there appeared to be no one else around. She sat at a table that was visible from the stairs, and she emitted no Beast.
    She was wearing a white dress, and had her long hair braided off to the side, and was currently thumbing through a book, Paul Delaroche: History Painted.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

James smiles broadly as he makes his way down the Stairs, suppressing the Aspect of the Predator in accordance with the law. He was wearing comfortable black jeans and a black t-shirt, having just came off patrol in West Sacremento. Making his way over to the Bailiff, he bowed. "Madam Bailiff, it's a pleasure to see you." This was her meetng; no doubt he would learn a thing or two. "How are you this evening? I'll apologize in advance for my appearance; i was on patrol for Deputy Connery."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella stands as James made his way down the stairs and smiles warmly at him, offering a small bow of her head. “Good evening Mr Calloway! A pleasure to see you as well, I hope you have been well.” She says, her tone friendly, “I have been fine, thank you for asking. No need to apologize,” she says with a small shake of her head, her smile widens, “A patrol? That is wonderful news! I am happy to hear you have decided to lend yourself to helping with the safety of the Domain.” She makes a gesture with her hand towards a door, “How about we move to one of the meeting rooms? That way we can speak freely.”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

James smiled. "I have been excellent, Bailiff. This City and its people have been most welcoming. The least I could do is give back and help to protect them, yes?" At her motion, he nodded, saying, "An excellent idea," and allowing her to lead the way.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She leads James to one of the meeting rooms and holds the door open for him, once inside she will close it. “I am glad to hear things have been going well! And helping protect the Domain is always appreciated and encouraged.” She says with a smile as she takes a seat, inviting James to sit as well. Crossing her legs at the ankles and folding her hands in her lap, “I wanted to speak with you in regards to etiquette and manners, but you have presented me with nothing but excellent manners thus far this evening. So I don't see this being a terribly long and painful meeting.” She was still going to go over a few things with him, as the slip in Court seemed to be just that, a slip. But it still should be addressed, and she did not see him presenting a big problem.

Jim sat at the indicated chair and relaxed slightly into it, although not too much as to seem rude. Learning very quickly from his missteps with Roxie Hart, Jim kept his womanizing in check and simply said, "Of course, Bailiff. I'm always pleased to learn -- as it turns out, before Sacramento, I was a nomad for quite some time, so Court etiquette is still something I am studying."

Polite smile. The Bailiff was here to help, and he appreciated the correction. Such things would keep him alive, and he wasn't too proud to accept assistance where it was offered.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

As Daniella listens, there is a moment of internal struggle as her Beast bears its teeth, wanting to show its dominance. The struggle was brief and the Beast was again, ignored and pushed back. She was happy to hear he was willing to learn, though there was not much to teach, “Thank you for being receptive to learning; it is something we are all always doing. As Au Pair, it is my job and responsibility to make sure etiquette and manners are taught and re enforced when needed.” Sitting a little straighter, “How comfortable do you feel in what you have studied? I only seek to make sure you have studied the correct information, and that any errors are corrected before a mistake is made. You seem to have been picking up on the correct mannerisms and use of titles from my short time talking with you. Do you have any questions or concerns on them?” from her tone and smile it was clear she was eager and willing to answer any questions or concerns he had. “While the slight slip in Court was notable, I feel it was only eagerness on your part to share your singing talent with everyone that caused it. And your willingness to step forward and make amends to those around you speaks volumes to me of your studies.” There is nothing but honesty in her voice, she knew it was hard to step forward and admit when you had made an error. “I requested this meeting not only to get the chance to meet you, but to give you the chance to address any concerns you may have with proper Court etiquette.” Her smile was warm as she eagerly awaited his response.

I never thought I'd find myself being tutored in etiquette by an Invictus Au Pair... funny how the Requiem works. Jim had to admit, there was a certain utility in the position. He certainly would much rather learn the Invictus ways from the Au Pair or a Speaker rather than on the end of a stake.

He thought for a moment after he listened to her words and said, "I certainly appreciate your setting this up, Bailiff Sage. It's always nice to meet someone so willing to assist." A sincere smile.

"To answer your question, well... I'm as comfortable as any Carthian nomad could be in the specifics -- that is, I am learning, but perhaps still a bit shaky. I certainly have a couple of questions I'd love to ask." His face revealed a small, almost imperceptible amount of embarrassment that flashed and then disappeared. "Could I please trouble you to describe to me the custom of when it is appropriate to approach a Court officer, perhaps, if I were to run into one on the street or at an Elysium? I understand that His Grace is not to be approached without permission; how about the others? Is there a rule of thumb I should follow on that subject?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She nods, understanding the manners and etiquette of the Invictus could be daunting to learn. “I hope I will be able to make you more comfortable.” she smiles at his question, “That’s a good question, and there are factors that determine the correct approach. One of the most important things is to go into a social situation with patience, as most of the time you will find an Official engaged in conversation already. When seeing someone you wish to speak with, it is best to make eye contact and offer a smile or a slight nod of the head to let them know you wish to speak with them. Court Officers are always keeping an eye on the situation around them, and once they have seen you, they will either make a motion to let you know it is ok to join them, or not. This is good practice in Court and outside of it. But you should always feel comfortable approaching an Officer when you see them. If they are alone, by all means, feel free to approach them to speak with them. Always be respectful, inside Court and outside of it, and you should have no issues." her tone stayed upbeat as she explained things, it was clear she enjoyed her duties and took pride in it.

Jim's face remained open and showed that he was pleased to take in what the Au Pair was explaining. He smiled as she finished. "Thank you, Bailiff. Indeed, this is very helpful. While I have you, could I also ask you for the proper common title of Prince Clarke that one would use when speaking with him? I would hate to get that incorrect!"A little chuckle. He wanted to be sure. Heaven forbid the Carthian should meet this Invictus Prince and fail to use the proper title.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.