Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

"Meh not much. I work mostly. I am about to get out of school though. In fact right now I should be studying for exams." the Mastigos makes a face. "I normally wouldn't have difficulty but there is this one professor.
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

Lux

PRE

"It always used to piss me off when the professors were the ones getting in the way of education," Lux said, shaking her head. "Also, I can't really imagine what it must be like to go to school Knowing what we Know, either. That might be because I, ironically, wasn't getting much smarter when I was in school, that happened mostly afterwards, but you do study a different discipline, so it's probably a much different experience in that regard, too. Good luck on the exams, though," she offered, gesturing slightly with her bottle toward Ahriman.

"It's not much different on my front, although on my side I'm proctoring an exam. Assuming the test doesn't prove to be too much, the Ladder will be getting a new member."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

A
    AethrDav

"Cool, Ahriman, I didn't know you were in school. Can I ask what you're studying?" Aegis himself, the only one of his siblings to go to college, enjoyed hearing about other people's experiences in school. He missed those days, especially while he'd been laid up after the incident in Afghanistan. Today, studying for his PE (Professional Engineer) exam, he thought back to the days when he'd been an undergraduate.

"Is the testing the Ladder does pretty prescribed, or is it tailored to each individual?"

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

'If you need any help with anything, you know I am here for you Ahriman. If you need to focus on exams, we can help, and that professor, what exactly is your problem with him?' Mike starts with a sincerely caring voice, but ends with playful clenching of his fists.

Then he smiles to Lux, the question Aegis asks interests Mike as well, though there is one more thing he wants to know. 'Who? If I may ask.'
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Lux

PRE

"Denizen...Interesting, man, really. I'm not sure I really understand him yet, but he seems to be sincere in his desire to help get involved with matters. As for the testing, well, it's subscribed to a certain degree. Basically every trial tests the prospect on one of the Elemental Precepts, which are the core tenets of our beliefs and practices, and if the prospect shows a complex understanding of the Precepts, they pass. The nature of the individual trials tend to vary every time, however," explained, twirling a bit of spaghetti around her fork.

"And if there is something we could do to help, Ahriman, just let us know,"
    Lux agreed with Mike, before taking a bite of food.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

"Sociology." he response to Aegis. " I plan on working with families torn apart by violence." He sips his drink then looks to lux. "It is interesting but to be honest there isn't really a difference in human nature between the awakened and the Sleepers. We are all still human, we all feel and act according to those feelings. "

He sips again.

"Knowing what we know now just makes us more able to change the world, which is something most people want to do."

He smiles when she offers help.

"Just remind me that magic is cheating and I will be fine."
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.

A
    AethrDav

"Wow, that's a hard path, but I know that it's important. I've had plenty of friends who could've used the help of someone with that kind of expertise." A Hispanic kid, from San Diego, and then in military service, Aegis had seen plenty of both violence, as well as the people rent to pieces by it. Whether it was physical or emotional, it was never pretty.

"As far as cheating...learn what you gotta learn, and don't prey on Sleepers, but I say do what you gotta do to be able to do the most good. It can be like walking on a knife's edge, but service is our calling, and our burden." Aegis himself believed that magic was just another tool, and sometimes Awakened needed to utilize all their skills to assume the positions that best suited the needs of society.

Lux

PRE

"I've known some Awakened who do a feat of Mind to basically give themselves a photographic memory. I'm not sure if you know it, but I wouldn't consider that cheating, personally. It's not a fair advantage, but not utilizing it would be wasting time and energy that could be spent elsewhere...which you probably realize. I know you know what you're doing," Lux half laughed, taking a sip of beer.

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

'My expertise, Death, gives me a lot less opportunities to cheat I guess.' Mike chuckles when he thinks about this. 'Of course I've learned some other tricks as well, but honestly, I don't see a lot as cheating. We awakened and we may call ourselves lucky...' a moment the Moros' voice is empty, realizing that he wouldn't really call himself lucky when someone died so he awakened on the Path of Doom. But after a second he continues with a smile again, 'but we did not just learn all of our magic while laying backwards sipping a beer. We worked for it too.'

He shrugs, of course the Arcana give advantages over Sleepers, 'As long as you know how to live without magic, and as long as you don't act all high and mighty towards "normal" people, I think we should be fine.'
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.

"Oh yeth." he lets his lisp slip. "I am completely above everyone else. Its a wonderful life for me. Working at fallen angels and then going to get up to my elbows in grease water."
    Defense -5 Speed-10

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread