Ended
Watch

Dinner's at 8

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    A
    AethrDav

Aegis remained quiet as the conversation traversed into a topic he was completely clueless about. It was cabal business, and he had not officially been accepted as a member, as of yet. He understood, so he simply munched, sipped his wine, and listened. They obviously had contact with someone who had been providing some information, and from Ahriman's action the guy probably didn't much care for them, or cared little for their goal. Either way, when Lux asked if Aegis would be willing to help, he responded more or less affirmatively.

"I could probably help in some way, but I'd definitely need to know more about what we're talking about." He gave Mike a smile, as he pretty much just echoed the Sentinel, but it was true. He wouldn't jump in head first if he didn't know how deep it might be.

Lux

PRE

Lux realized she had turned the conversation down paths that she shouldn't, but her attempts to navigate back to non-cabal related business had gotten nowhere, and then more cabal related business had been brought up, and now, to borrow from the Arrows, the situation was FUBAR. She considered, for just a moment, getting something stronger than beer out of the cupboard, but she slapped the thought away.

"Ok, lets slow down for just a second. I, the master politician, have not only been very rude to our guest, but I've also started talking about things that would be best discussed later, and confused myself. That said, I can't help but feel that somehow we always end up getting back to--if you'll allow me to be rude for just a second longer Aegis--things that we need to work out,"
    she said, emphasizing the point by staring directly at Mike and Ahriman. "So maybe its just because of my blundering, but it feels like there's some unsaid invitation that's been extended to Aegis...and I am sorry for trying to talk around you," she apologized, looking to her guest. "Things have been a bit complicated lately, so please know that it's nothing personal."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

"I never invited but I figured that this was something of a trial run for this one since as far as I knew this was a Cabal dinner." Ahriman shrugs lightly and looks to mike. He looks curious, eyeing the other. Theres no judgement or being upset, just confused.
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

'Please Lux, you're not the one to blame. I guess I...' Mike gives Ahriman a bit of his "I'm sorry" look, 'am the cause of this confusion. This is a Cabal dinner, plus one. When I told Aegis about the Cabal, he said he wished to meet you. Then, since we obviously have a lot of ideas, but we have not really accomplished something visibly, it would appear to me as a good idea to have Aegis join our cabal.' His eyes look at everyone for a moment.

'Buuuut, it would be unfair to discuss that know, since awkwardness may not stand in the way of honesty. So I do invite you, Aegis, to our Cabal.' He grins, hoping that this a twist of irony might save the day, 'Although, we have this special rule that one needs three invitations to be able to join the Torchbearers of Prometheus. Of course, you are also free to reject.'

Please, let us change the subject, before I start crying, for real.

'Now, I wish to bring out a toast.' Mike, being the opposite of a master politician, simply raises his glass as he tramples over all social etiquette. 'First to our lovely hostess, that she may enjoy her food at least as much as we do.' the Moros chuckles, and then nods to the others to invite them to bring out a toast themselves.
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

A
    AethrDav

Aegis felt a little abashed, a little color rising in his tan cheeks. Hoping that no one mistook it for anger, he tried to pacify his hosts. "Here, here," Aegis agreed to the toast, sipping from his glass, trying to diffuse the situation. "And please, I understand the need for privacy within a cabal, and I am willing to help as a I can on a trial basis. If you'd like, I can give you guys a moment to discuss privately, if you'd like. I don't mind, really."

OOC

Lux

PRE

"I...I would also like to toast to you all, not only for putting up with that, but also for the company and discussion," Lux added gratefully, raising her drink in salute to the three Arrows. So perhaps things had gotten...well, as they had, but they could move past it without pointed fingers or angry words, and that was the true mark of a cabal in her eyes.

"And why don't you stay, Aegis. There's no reason to let your food get cold, and at this point there's nothing that you shouldn't hear."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

Ahriman nods.

"Stay Ageis. I would like you to be on a trial basis, where upon I can extend my invitation when I make a discision."

He raises his glass in toast.

"To the beautiful host, the good company, and most of all the beautiful night."
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

Lux

PRE

"I'll second both motions," Lux agreed, smiling slightly as the tension from the earlier confusion slowly slipped away.

A
    AethrDav

Aegis cheers again, sipping his wine, and taking another mouthful of food. He was curious about the cabal's situation, wondering what they had in the works, but decided to quietly listen. No need to press them, yet, and if they wanted his opinion he'd try and give it to them honestly, but not until they were sure they wanted it.

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

Mike takes a pretty big gulp from his wine after the toasting. He visibly likes the taste of it. 'So, what is the latest news? I'm there is at least one "trending topic" I've missed lately!' He looks to everyone with a curious smile. They have their busy lives, it is good tell each other stuff, just normal things.

At least, if we all want to feel like a family soon.
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread