Ended
Watch

Dinner's at 8

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Lux

PRE

The address was 18th and Franklin and the building was a 3 story, brick apartment complex that held a small central courtyard with vegetables and flowers growing in the center. Dinner waited in apartment 32, on the third floor, behind a simple, green, wooden door. After a few knocks the door opened and Lux ushered those waiting inside, offering to take coats and then directing them towards the dining room.

The inside of the apartment is sparesly decorated, bordering on spartan, but there's enough colour to give it the feel of life. A scarred wooden table sits int he dining room with 4 places set and a bottle of wine waiting on the counter.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

Ding-dong!

The bell rings while Mike Tamwood waits with a smile. He holds a bouquet with mainly sunflowers in his hands. He thought about the bouquet for quite a while, and hopes that Lux likes it.

Behind him is Aegis ( AethrDav ), they arrived together at the apartment. Mike tries not to look at Aegis too much... Ahriman would be here soon.

Crap. I hate myself.
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

A
    AethrDav

Aegis had dressed as well as he could from his rucksack, though he was happy that this was an informal kind of gathering. He had put on a pair of slacks, nothing fancy, but not his usual cargo pants. Additionally he wore a light, long-sleeve shirt of quality linen. It bore a simple embroidered image on the left breast that appeared to be a crest, but those who could recognize the High Speech could pick out the glyphs for Death, Matter, and the Path of Doom. He was excited about the chances to meet the members of Mike's cabal, and wanted to make a good impression. He was feeling more relaxed than he had in a while, but this elation had him wound up and he was trying to maintain some composure.

The young Talon followed the Sentinel into the apartment, and he looked around, taking in the layout and hallways leading to rooms that he couldn't see right then. Checking the ins and outs of any room he was in had become a bit of a habit with Aegis, so he tempered it with taking the apartment in. He knew Lux was a Thearch, and so had expected a more lavish place. It was certainly nice, but he'd expected a more overt display, he supposed. It made him feel more comfortable with the idea of being in a cabal with a member of the Silver Ladder. They didn't seem to be as high-and-mighty as those he'd met on the East Coast had been.

When they arrived, Aegis entered and greeted their host and introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Aegis. I'm very happy to meet you, and thanks for hosting and giving me the chance to introduce myself to you guys." He delivered it with a big smile, trying to keep his excitement in check.

Lux

PRE

"Aw, Merci...er, Thank you, Mike," Lux stammered, as her cabal-mate handed her the flowers. It didn't matter whether or not you could bend the forces of the world to your will, people could still surprise you, the Thearch mused, managing to snap out of the reverie as soon as Aegis started to speak.

"It's nice to meet you as well, Aegis, and please, come inside. You're more than welcome."
    She shook his hand and then led them into the apartment.

"Feel free to grab a drink if you'd like. There's wine on the counter, and beer, soda, or milk if you'd prefer, in the fridge,"
    she called over her shoulder from the sink as she set up an impromptu vase. "Once Ahriman arives, I'll set some hors d'oeuvres out."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Ahriman-Mastigos
    Adamantine Arrow *
    Presence : **
    Pandemonium's mark:Violet eyes
    Lisp: mild.
    Ahriman
    Adamantine Arrow

Mastigos A.A.
    Tim 'Half soul' Wakefield

Ithaeur Iron master Striking looks 2 (eyes) Presence 3

Ahriman jumps out and smiles, heading towards the house, whistling lightly. He knocks on the door, happy to once again to be greeting his cabal.

He is dressed down for the night, with some tight jeans and a teeshirt.
    Ahriman-Mastigos Adamantine Arrow -
    Defense -5 Speed-10
    DAS:WP 5/6 Mana 0/7
    Active spells: Mental Shield , Misdirection, Spatial awareness and sense consciousness.
    Lisp: mild. only lisps on s's. Is hard to understand

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

PRE

'Yeah I thought, blue flowers because eh... you like blue, and the sunflowers seemed a good match with 'Lux'.' Mike grins and steps inside, curios to the place. Other Sanctums or just living spaces are always interesting, take West's for example. Mike can't say he expected much different from the former Magister, but still. Interesting fence he had.

As soon as he hears the knocks on the door he turns around, since they are still close to it. When he sees Ahriman he smiles and steps forward to give his friend a hug. 'Hey Ahriman!' and then softly closer to his ear, while chuckling, 'do you know what hors d'oeuvres are?'
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

Lux

PRE

"Oh, good, come on in Ahriman," Lux said over Mike's shoulder, having followed the Moros to the door. She gave a similiar speil about refreshments as she guided everyone back to the kitchen. She put out a bowl of chips, a plate of carrots and celery, and then set out a bowl of humus.

"Alright, feel free to dig in, but save some room. I've made a dish that hopefully everybody will like: spaghetti and meatballs. There's another sauce I can heat up too if anyone is feeling like vegetarian fare."

A
    AethrDav

Aegis, though excited about meeting this cabal, was only able to wave at the new comer, Ahriman, over Mike's shoulder as the other two members of the cabal greeted their mate. When Lux brought out the appetizers, Aegis smiled happily, grabbing a piece of celery and dipped it into the hummus.

"Oh...this is great. I love hummus." and he dug in. Spaghetti with meatballs sounded terrific. In his head, though, Aegis found himself going over scenarios to try and break what could potentially become an awkward silence, as people settled in, but tried to figure out what to do with this 'new guy' around.

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

PRE

'Ah cool Lux, I love spaghetti... multo bene!' He chuckles after his bad Italian pronunciation.'And I am no vegetarian, I've seen death, no creature should fear going there.'

He sits down and winks to Aegis. 'So, our new friend has some interesting plans for his own future, and we thought that those plans might be combined with ours.' Yeah, the Moros is vague about this, which is why he gestures Aegis to explain his ideas of sanctums and security.
    Played by Dark Passenger

A
    AethrDav

It was a sheepish smile he turned toward Mike. It was a grand scheme, but one that was definitely not guaranteed to pan out. He'd need to find a firm to work with first, and make sure his credentials were cleared before he could open his own outfit. Still, brainstorming could be good.

"Thanks Mike. Its an idea, and there's a lot of work before it could be started, but I do think it could fit well with what Mike's told me of your plans."

Aegis went to the counter and poured himself a glass of wine. It was a modest pour, and his first sip was a mere sip. He'd slipped from his Oath once, and it'd left his soul aching. So he only ever did anything in measures. "I am an engineer. Went to school in San Diego, and was picked up by the Core of Engineers to pay for it. My idea, given my experience, is to establish myself setting up security systems. Where I can, I will assist mages with sanctums. I can't work Wards, yet, but physical security is too often over-looked by the Wise, I want to help there."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread