Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Casa Del Paranoia

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    A
    AethrDav

"It certainly won't bother me for you to take the card, it's not mine, just part of the investigation, but..." he pauses for a moment, wondering if he might not be able to tease out a little more information first. "Gimme a couple minutes before you leave. Let me see if I can tell any more information from the card. You'll probably want to clean it up before showing it to anyone, and I want to try once more to pick through the undisturbed resonance."

Aegis concentrated, opening his eyes through the Matter arcanum, to help peer through the denseness of the resonance given the card's mundane materials.
      Matter Mage Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-03 16:32:18 Aegis rolls 10 to cast Dark Matter [Int+Sci+Matter+2(HS)] (10 Again) 3, 9, 7, 4, 7, 10, 5, 6, 8, 2, 2 3 successes
    Before beginning his scrutiny, Aegis pops his head up, thinking of a technique he was shown once. "Hey, does anyone have a crystal or something on them? It can help focus resonance, and might help me pick out some more details."

“Take the time you need.” Kite replies in a friendly tone. “I can wait a few minutes… in the meantime…” Kite fishes his phone out of his jacket, and takes a close up picture of the card. “…just in case…” he mutters to himself.

When Aegis mentions his request for a crystal, Kite was still walking around gathering contact information on everyone. “Sorry Aegis,” he replies, “that’s not exactly something I typically carry around.” Kite thought about it a moment more. “Salem might have something though…”

Salem
    Hanna Harper
    Salem

HT/WT: 6'1"/155
    Hair/Eye Color: Brown/Green
    Hanna Harper

HT/WT: 5'10"/140lbs
    Hair/Eye Color: Red/Green

Salem snapped to attention and blink a few times moments after his name had been mentioned, "Right um check the kitchen. I have some basic supplies stashed all over the house, but for crystal, I think I've got some quartz in the knife drawer. Right next to the sink. Don't open the window. I think I've got something over here, but... I don't know yet. Give me another hour and I'll have our jane and john doe ID'd."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Alfar nods as Gallows speaks agreeing with him completely. Being decisive was more important than being cautious at the moment. Still, knowing each other’s strengths and weaknesses might help.

“I’m also a Shaman and a doctor. An infectiologist. My knowledge of the occult is considerable too. Still, I mainly specialize in fighting and healing, so I’m not very good at digging up info except talking to spirits who are often too uncooperative to be of help.”

“I’ll stay here and will be available for anyone to call. I can use Life to resist fatigue."

Alfar takes some time to cast the spell to make his body use less energy. He should be able to go on for a few days without much trouble, he's done many times before.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-04 12:15:38 Alfar rolls 8 to cast Body Control (Gno3 + Life3 + HS2) (10 Again) 9, 7, 10, 4, 6, 3, 10, 7, 9, 1 4 successes

After hesitating a moment, he gives Kite his contact info and asks him:

"Kite I'm quite good with the occult. So if we don't get enough info tonight, perhaps I should go with you tomorrow? Put all the crap between us on hold and work together?"

A
    AethrDav

Aegis nodded at Salem and went to the kitchen to try and find the crystal that the other Necromancer mentioned. He found it, as Salem had said, in a drawer. He returned to the coffee table, and with the crystal in hand began to peer at the card again. He felt that he'd determined as much as he could of the owner's identity as he could, so he pawed through the resonance trying to determine more about the qualities contained in it.
      Scrutinizing for emotional qualities (3 turns)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-05 11:55:59 [03] Aegis rolls 6 to scrutinize Tarot Card [Int+Occ+1(crystal)+1(Dark Matter)] (10 Again) 7, 8, 3, 4, 5, 9 2 successes
    2012-04-05 11:55:59 [02] Aegis rolls 6 to scrutinize Tarot Card [Int+Occ+1(crystal)+1(Dark Matter)] (10 Again) 7, 10, 9, 10, 3, 6, 10, 3, 2 4 successes
    2012-04-05 11:55:59 [01] Aegis rolls 6 to scrutinize Tarot Card [Int+Occ+1(crystal)+1(Dark Matter)] (10 Again) 9, 5, 9, 7, 2, 10, 8 4 successes
    As he peered, at the card, he felt like there was more there, and he shut out all distractions until he could discern what exactly it was.

Aegis gets only the same feelings of a sleeper aura with mystical and greed bits to it.

While Aegis was scrutinizing the card, Kite was digging through Salem’s kitchen area. Finding a large freezer ziplock bag, Kite managed to migrate back to Aegis just as finished. “Salem, I took one of your ziplock bags – hope you don’t mind.” he says in an oddly cheery voice.

Kite took a moment to carefully place the card in its new container “Thanks Aegis, this will definitely help.” he remarks. Then, with care, he placed the card in his inner jacket pocket. His final task complete, Kite turned to Vaeltia. “Ready to go?” he asks.

A
    AethrDav

Aegis, head beginning to ache from the the focus, finally broke away as the effort, rocking back on his heels on the floor beside the coffee table. He reached up, placing two fingers from each hand at hi temples and rubbed in a circular motion

"Uh, yeah, Kite...no problem," he motioned for the other man thy he wa done with the card. "Sorry guys, it's just more of the same. A Sleeper, with something mystical, but underneath is greed. It's all I can make out."

With that Aegis quieted, rubbing his head and trying to full the ache that had grown there.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

That’s fine, Kite, I told you have the space.” she said as she pulled out her phone and snapped a picture of the card, “And congratulations, that will help.” she gave him a faint, almost sleepy, smile. She rubbed at her eye for a moment, as she wrapped threads of prime around her.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-06 07:56:24 Vaeltia rolls 9 to cast supernal Vision (10 Again) 6, 1, 1, 4, 3, 9, 2, 9, 5 2 successes

Hold up, Aegis, this card is evidence?!” She stopped the hand that was about to reach for the card, and instead turned it to her face, in ashamed astonishment. “Give me a second, Kite, and then I’ll be ready. Aegis, I hope you don’t take this as an insult but I need to get the feel of your resonance so I can sort it out later, you too Alfar, if the two of you would allow me.” She could stare aimlessly at the card later.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

A
    AethrDav

Aegis was a little confused, he wasn't sure exactly what Vaeltia was thinking in terms of the card. "Yeah, this was at the scene where the latest victim was found. We don't know whether it was the victim's, the killer's, or belonged to a fortune teller the victim's ghost mentioned. I made a phantasm of it, so the police could at least have it cataloged, but I'd bet it'll only last a few more hours at best."

As far as his resonance...he hesitated only a moment, but it really, probably, was for the best. "And I guess...if you need to get a feel for my resonance, it does make a little sense. You won't be confused if you see any of my spellwork."

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread