Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Lazy Afternoon

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias had made a point to arrive early at the park. It was a bright sunny afternoon, which had convinced him to lay out on the grass while he waited for Regina ( Kathritana ) to come. His gift lay in a plain white box near his side, approximately a foot in length and six inches across.

Near his head sat a cooler, which held the desert he'd purchased for the afternoon. After a few failed attemptes in the kitchen, he'd decided to buy a Red Velvet Cheesecake to share.

His guitar, never far from his side, was resting near the present, within easy reach. If she asked nicely, he may even play a little for her.

And so he waited, soaking up the sun's rays and letting his mind wander.

Regina walked through the park with one hand dragging an overly large, wheeled cooler behind her with a propane tank attached, and with the other she held a woven basket. She was so pleased that the weather had indeed turned out so nice, and the sun felt wonderful. It was the perfect day for a picnic, although she hadn't brought normal picnic fare.

Goddess, she hoped Tobias liked what she had brought. It was certainly going to be indulgent, at the very least. She had spent hours researching the cooking method, shopping for all the ingredients and then doing the preparation. She'd also had an interesting time finding a place to buy the cooking utensils and appliances that could be used outside. In the end, she had simply ordered it all online.

She saw Tobias laying on the grass, looking like he was relaxing in the sun. "Tobias, I've made it," she called out from a short distance away, pausing in the dragging of all her stuff. Damn, it was heavy. "And I've brought the food."
    [CENTER]
    Regina

Elemental | Woodblood | Spring Court
    Spring Mantle 2 (smells of blooming violets) | SL 2 | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3
    willpower5/6 | glamour 6/10 | health [][][][][][][]
    [B]Freehold ?????????

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias looked up when he heard Regina's voice. He gave her a smile. "Hey Regina, how are..." his voice trailed off when he saw what she was lugging. He sprang up to his feet. "Why don't you let me help you with that." He hurried over to her and helped her pull the cooler back to where he'd left his things.

"A stove? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a picnic?" He said it with a wide grin and a touch of laughter in his voice.

"It's not a stove. It's a small propane tank to power the fondue pot," Regina explained, setting everything down. She pulled a soft blanket out of the basket and laid it out on the ground. "It's about as indulgent as I could think of, and remember, no working for you." She winked.

She began unpacking everything, first setting up the fondue pot on a tripod and attaching the propane tank. She pulled out plates full of a variety of vegetables, small squares of breads, and slices of apple all covered in saran wrap.

"These are for the first course."
    Regina smiled impishly at Tobias, relatively certain this hadn't been what he had been expecting. She poured some stock into the fondue pot before turning both it and the propane tank on. While the pot heated up, she organized everything so they could easily eat, including setting out the long fondue forks.

Once the stock was simmering, she tossed a bowl of grated cheese as well as spices into the pot, slowly stirring it until everything was melted and fully combined. Once everything was to her satisfaction, she turned down the heat on the pot.

"You use the long forks to dip the breads and vegetables into the cheese fondue. I brought a variety of stuff so you could pick and choose." Regina made herself comfortable near the fondue pot, waiting on him to join her.
    [CENTER]
    Regina

[B]Freehold ?????????

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias' eyes lit up. "Fondue? I've always wanted to try that! Sounds like today's my lucky day." He started to settle down with her, and then suddenly remembered something. Reaching over and picking up the slim white box, he handed it to her. "Before I forget, your present, as promised."

He watched her face, studying her reaction to the gift he'd prepared. At this point, he could only hope she liked it. He speared a carrot with his fondue fork, checked it, and dipped it in the cheese. After a quick swirl, he raised the morsel out of the pot, spinning it to keep the cheese on it, and deposited it on a plate for later consumption.

"You've finished it?" Regina's eyes lit up as she accepted the box. For a moment she simply held the box, one hand resting on the top. When was the last time she had received a present? She couldn't remember. This was something to cherish.

Finally she removed the top and pulled out the beautiful item that Tobias had crafted for her. She held it carefully, plucking at the strings and listening to the sounds. He had created something wonderful, something that she could cherish.

Smiling, she gently set her present back in the box, leaned over, and gave Tobias a quick kiss on the cheek. "I love it. I absolutely love it," she said, excitement in her voice. "It was well worth waiting for. You've outdone yourself."
    [CENTER]
    Regina

[B]Freehold ?????????

m
    magiuspendragon

Description

Tobias touched his hand to his cheek where her lips had been. She liked it. He blushed at her praise, letting his smile shine through. "I'm glad you like it," he said. He opened his mouth to speak several times, but couldn't quite find the words. Finally, he managed to string together a sentence. "The flowers remind me of you."

"It's perfect." Regina almost reverently traced a fingertip over the carvings and then the strings, once again enjoying the sounds. Reluctantly she set it off to the side and turned to the food. She had promised Tobias an indulgent picnic, and that was what she was going to give him.

She used a fondue fork to spear a piece of bread and dipped it in the cheese. Depositing it on her plate she looked back at Tobias. "I'm pretty sure you could easily sell items like that and make good money, especially as beautiful as it is. Mine's going on my work table."

She flashed him a brilliant smile before eating her bit of bread. "You, my darling, are absolutely amazing at your work."
    [CENTER]
    Regina

[B]Freehold ?????????

m
    magiuspendragon

"Thank you." Tobias was glowing with the praise as he tasted the carrot. "This is really good." He didn't intend to sound so surprised. It was tastier than he'd expected.

He sat down with her and started the slow process of dipping and eating the various breads, apples, and vegetables she had brought. "You definitely delivered on your promise. I'd say this qualifies as Indulgent. He speared an apple, dunking it in the warm sauce. "So I have to ask, just how did you settle on this?"

"A friend took me out for it once. I really enjoyed it, so I hoped you would as well. Now, it took me a little while to find a fondue pot that would work off a propane tank, but I eventually found one." She ate another bit off her plate. "The recipes were easy to find, as were all the things I wanted to have for dipping."

She paused for a moment. "I'll admit, I did think about buying some food from Mrs. Rosemary, but that just seemed too impersonal to me. I wanted to make the food for the picnic."

Perhaps it was a little old fashioned for a woman to cook and prepare food for a picnic when it wasn't her specialty, but she didn't mind. She had enjoyed practicing the recipes, for all that she had failed the first couple of times. The work had been worth it.
    [CENTER]
    Regina

[B]Freehold ?????????

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.