Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Somewhere around midnight at the Temple of the Woven Circle, Chris is waiting on Jose Matias and James Calloway ( Lokio ) in a backroom. It's not very big, but a square table could stand in the middle of the room without using all the space. He told the others the doors were open and they could easily find the room.

The Vala is not alone, his Homunculus sits next to him on the table. Micky is dressed in some improvised grey clothes, and he's gnawing on a bone. If they want the coterie to be a success, they should be open and honest from the start.

'Micky mouse is in da house.' Chris grins softly as the red eyed creature pulls off the last bit of meat.

'Let's hope you don't scare the big bad wolf.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

James Calloway was next to enter, the doors having been left open for him. He looked around the old church with an interested smile. These Circle guys are pretty cool, he thought as he took in their temple's ambiance. The Equinox celebration had been very interesting indeed. He made his way towards the back, the cadence of his footsteps announcing his presence. It was fairly quiet tonight here; he wondered where everyone was.

Finding the open door, he peeked inside, and smirked. There was Chris... and... something? Small, humanlike -- he tried to dig into his significant occult knowledge, but the Beast roaring in his head interfered, snickering and nudging at his psyche so he couldn't focus...

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-03-28 13:48:53 James Calloway rolls 5 to Int+Occult (1s Subtract) 9, 7, 1, 9, 1 failure

"Good evening," he said, smiling at Chris. "And good evening to your friend?" He wasn't scared by whatever this thing was, but he was certainly curious about the thing that was chewing on a bone.

m
    mabafu

José walks through the dark lateral street who gives access to the Woven Circle Temple. Vandals had broken some pole lamps, others were left flickering. ... yes, I have a lot of work to do over here ... The Brazilian thinks as he approaches the Temple.

His blinking shadow grows at the side wall of the Temple. The novice face, almost always stamped with a smile looks concerned about something as he steps into through the main heavy doors. A deep breath just to feel what still remains of the fragrance exaled by the petals used in the Equinox celebration.

The Brazilian pass by the main room heading to the back of the temple hearing some voices. From where he comes the first ... thing ? ... saw is the Vala's ... son ? ... avidly chewing that bone. José looks to Jim, noticing his surprise and then offers a cumplice smirk to Chris.

"Jim ... Chris ... Good Evening! I think we can be less formal over here, huh?"

OOC: outfit

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Ah! Jim, good evening.' Chris laughs as the first one arrives with peeking inside. The happy glee in his eyes is momentarily disrupted as the bigger Beast comes closer, but the Vala soon recovers. This is his territory.

'This is indeed my friend. Micky is his name... because I couldn't come up with something better for a creature that looks cute on a good day, but is pure evil all other days.' Chris grins and pokes the homunculus on his cheek, which makes it bite his finger. That's the moment Jose steps inside. 'Ah Jose, good to see you too!' Just.... why the fuck do you try to look like a gangster?

'Of course we're less formal in here, as a coterie.' He pulls his finger back. 'Please take a seat guys.'

Forgot the outfit ^^
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Jim chuckled. "Jose and Chris. Did you know thats the first time I've used someone's first name in this Domain?" He smiled. "And hiya, Mickey."

Jim took a seat and took his motorcycle jacket off. "Not a bad space you got here. Its interesting, the things you guys do here."

m
    mabafu

José looks to Micky with curiosity. The Brazilian thinks about approaching the bizarre creature, but after that bite in his own father he just reconsiders it.

The Brazilian takes his seat nodding after the Taifa's comment.

"Yes a very well kept Temple, indeed" The Gangrel remembers the dark cave where he had lived for almost two years ... and a totally different style to worship the Goddess for sure ...

The always objective José, then, says it without ceremony.

"This is the first time I try to think about my ... Requiem ... No! No way! Goddess I hate this word ... my existance, along with another vampires. Had any of you tried it for yourselves?"

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Yeah long live the Invictus regime. But I plan to use first names out of Court.' He starts with tired sarcasm, but then smiles. He looks around, the old church was slightly modernized, he put quite some work and time to it.

'Interesting and well kept indeed, but what did you expect. Here we worship the Mother of Creation, the Goddess of the Damned, whichever name you give her.' A moment the Vala seems lost in reverence. 'Tell me Jim, do you believe in "something"?'

When Jose speaks Chris arches an eyebrow. 'What do you mean? Have you never thought about your Requiem before? I like the word by the way.' Shrug. 'I have lived with other Kindred from the moment I was embraced.'

Jim chuckled at the man's sarcasm. "I'm good with that."

Then he considered Chris's question, and shrugged, coming around to a nod and a slowly growing smile. "Yeah, I guess I do. I've just been so long with the Movement and working and fighting and travelling that I haven't had much of a chance to think on it. I... well, I eschewed my Movement membership recently -- well, if one can even consider being one from another city part of it when there isn't one here. So I'm finding myself with time to think about and explore things like my religious beliefs a bit more. So far I've come up with that I believe there is something. What that is, that'll need some time and explanation."

He turned to listen to Jose's answer. Even among the Circle, there were varied opinions. Good to see.

m
    mabafu

The Brazilian listens to Jim's answer noting some hint of melancoly in the Taifa's words. ... time and explanation ...? No my friend, time is no more a issue for us ... and the Goddess grandiosity can't be explained at all ... all you need is direction ... let's see if you gonna find it with us ...

The novice Acolyte thinks, but don't comments it, as he don't wants to appear rude or arrogant at the first meeting of their coterie to be.

José chuckles after the question of Chris "Sure I had! What I meant is that I've never thought about including another vampires in my personal agenda, at least, not so close. Save, of course, for my sire ..." Then he thinks ... as if I got any other option regarding including or not Eve in anything ... A shivers runs down the Gangrel's spine as sudden flashes of ununderstandables images of gorea and pain pops into his mind. Whatever they mean is unknow, but it's source is quite clear ... Eve's slumber ...

He remains some seconds in silence, then retakes his line of thinking.

"About the word, Requiem, I just find it distasteful ... to view or perceive your existance as a funeral march ... that's not for me ..."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris gives Jim an aha! kind of nod, then he says with some played seriousness, 'Jose and I had actually planned to start the indoctrination tomorrow, so there won't be any need to explore. We have done that for you, right Jose?' Chris jokes with a laugh as he looks at the new Acolyte. 'But in all seriousness, you are of course free to talk with me about the matter. It is good you believe in something. There it all starts, a reason and an explanation to how and why we exist.'

An arched eyebrow to Jose, as continues fluently, 'No matter whether you exist alone or with others, or however you call your existence. I personally think a Requiem is perfect, since we are dead. We have become predators, and I understand that you haven't thought about it a lot, but even wolves travel in packs, Jose.'

'And that's what we wanted to talk about, tonight. Right Micky?' The Vala cocks his head towards the little creation. The Homunculus drops the bone and leans over the edge of the table, lithe as he is, and seems to pick something from the seat next to Chris. As he pulls himself back, he has a clipboard in one hand and delivers it to his master. 'Thank you. As you might see, I've already written down some notes about what we should talk about.'

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread